• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

so who is the new target now that Lebron has gotten his ring?

Who needs a ring more? Melo or Howard

Melo is the odd man out of the 2003 Top 5 Draft now, we gotta wait until Dwight Howard leaves Orlando for star-studded team before we put the clamps on him.

edit: But Giggle is right, there's LeBron's scrutiny, and then there's everybody else

KingJ2002

OKC gets Howard and its instant dynasty. Riley would pull a move like that, I doubt the OKC GM has the balls.

if they can get Dwight... it's a wrap in the west.

but NY needs to get their shit together and make it work.

I think they'll go deep in the playoffs this year with a full off season to gel together under woodson.

Gigglepoo

Considering Melo left his original squad to form a superteam, the pressure's all on him.

The guy has only been out of the second round once. No one expects him to compete for a title. Rose has an MVP, Dwight has multiple DPotY, and Durant has three scoring titles, so they have slightly more pressure, but it's nothing compared to what LeBron faced.

The guy has only been out of the second round once. No one expects him to compete for a title. Rose has an MVP, Dwight has multiple DPotY, and Durant has three scoring titles, so they have slightly more pressure, but it's nothing compared to what LeBron faced.

Melo, Amare, Tyson Chandler

that is a formidable lineup

did you hear that Miami

formidable

There doesn't need to be a new target. Lebron put the target on his back with the things he did and said.

The summer will be about WHERE WILL DWIGHT GO again. The target might be on him depending on where he goes, but otherwise I think the media coverage will just go back to being a bit more normal.

Hope Nash goes somewhere that's likeable. :\

Lakers! And Stern gets the Heat-Lakers Finals he's desired for a long time (in terms of Kobe vs Bron).

Get Nash, re-sign Sessions, Hill, Ebanks.

Nash-Sessions
Kobe-???
Artest-Ebanks
Pau-Hill
Bynum-Pau

Done and done

There doesn't need to be a new target. Lebron put the target on his back with the things he did and said.

The summer will be about WHERE WILL DWIGHT GO again. The target might be on him depending on where he goes, but otherwise I think the media coverage will just go back to being a bit more normal.

Lakers! And Stern gets the Heat-Lakers Finals he's desired for a long time (in terms of Kobe vs Bron).

Get Nash, re-sign Sessions, Hill, Ebanks.

Nash-Sessions
Kobe-???
Artest-Ebanks
Pau-Hill
Bynum-Pau

Done and done

I don't hate on the Lakers as much as some people do, but I wouldn't hate that too much. Sure he's on the slow decline and he might be joining a team on the slow decline, but it could be what's needed to give them all 1 final good year.

I have no idea why I like Nash so much.

What made me laugh last night was the guy asking LeBron what had spurred him on from last year. LeBron answered it was people calling him 'selfish'... LeBron then proceded to talk about his personal endeavours and challenges to overcome that tag for about 10 minutes...

The only people who actively hate Steve Nash are bitter Lakers fans from the '05-'06 season that thought Kobe was robbed of MVP, and then lost to them in that crazy good Suns/Lakers first round series later that year.

Lebron had a target on back in highschool when he was absolutely dominating. They were interviewing players like MJ and Kobe to say how good he is and how good he can be. I'm not gonna say Lebron helped his situation but the spotlight was on before day one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What made me laugh last night was the guy asking LeBron what had spurred him on from last year. LeBron answered it was people calling him 'selfish'... LeBron then proceded to talk about his personal endeavours and challenges to overcome that tag for about 10 minutes...
13 assists... or put another way, as many assists in this game as the entire Thunder team in the preceding one...

SUPREME1

Banned
aww

zEEl2.gif

"Enjoy it LeBron, it cost me a lifetime of free cruises to a Mr. Davids Tern."

13 assists... or put another way, as many assists in this game as the entire Thunder team in the preceding one...

Well it was more the fact he spent 10 minutes talking about himself rather than the efforts of the team after winning a ring. Nevermind, just a little detail I thought was funny. Guy getting motivated about being called Selfish then talking about himself for a while.

The only people who actively hate Steve Nash are bitter Lakers fans from the '05-'06 season that thought Kobe was robbed of MVP, and then lost to them in that crazy good Suns/Lakers first round series later that year.

Man, that was such a tough MVP year. Surprised me how few MVP awards Kobe has won when it was pointed out a few months back in an NBA.tv article.

deron Kobe backcourt

Hnnnnnggg

A man can dream.

Congrats to Heat-Age, they were the better team.

Thunder-Age, I wouldn't worry, you'll have more trips, but you clearly need a different point guard. Durant was alone out there for minutes at a time.

The only people who actively hate Steve Nash are bitter Lakers fans from the '05-'06 season that thought Kobe was robbed of MVP

Well, Kobe was robbed, but I don't hate Steve Nash, so...

Nash-Sessions
Kobe-???
Artest-Ebanks
Pau-Hill
Bynum-Pau

At this point, why not? Still want Deron, but this is a pipe dream, so that's ok.
Besides, CP3 can just move across town once the Clips return to normal in a year or so.

Top Bottom