• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Puddles

Banned
The best "About Last Night" yet

APRIL 1945. BERLIN, GERMANY, THE FUHRERBUNKER. Last days of WWII. Deep in the underground, Hitler and his men cackle as the war rages above them. "Nobody can ever find us!" they shout. Bad news, Hitler: LeBron shows up at the door. "Halt! You cannot enter!" says one Nazi, drawing his miniature Nazi gun. LeBron is unarmed, but it doesn't matter. Spin move, hesitation, crossover. Slight elbow to the kidney, ref looks the other way. Bullets fly, but LeBron is too fast. Himmler tries to take a charge, but he's in the restricted area. LeBron rages through 15 bunker rooms until he finds Hitler, trembling in a corner. "Do the right thing!" says LeBron, tossing him a pistol. But Hitler is a coward, and decides to shoot LeBron instead. He smirks his Hitler smirk just before pulling the trigger. But LeBron knew his man, and had rigged it to shoot backward. No more Hitler. Eva Braun? Cheering despite herself. She rushes over, but LeBron brushes her aside. "I don't date Nazis," he says, breaking her spirit forever. On his way out, Himmler tries and fails to take another charge.

YEAR INFINITY, BATTLEFIELD BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL. "Lucifer is gaining ground!" says the Archangel Michael in a panic. "He has too many angels, and they really seem like they don't want to go to hell. All is lost." Suddenly, a large man breaks through their front lines. "Anyone like Frisbee?" he asks, before dumping 50 halos on the ground in front of them. The angels weep in gratitude, and Michael says, "There's a spot for you in heaven." LeBron laughs and shakes his head. "Heaven's for people who die."

I'm actually starting to come around to LeBron after reading that.

ITALY, 1912. The famous Commedia Dell'Arte troupe is performing in Venice, and the renowned clown Pagliacci is clowning everyone. Slowly, though, his crowd disperses. "What is this?" wonders Pagliacci. He wanders over, and sees a strange man performing feats of magic. Pagliacci makes his way to the front of the crowd, where the man is wearing a strange white cotton band around his head. "And now," yells the mysterious man, "I shall make a flower grow from the palm of my hand." Pagliacci is front and center, and when the flower is full grown, the man walks over to him. "Smell the flower, Pagliacci." As he does, a stream of water shoots forth, hitting Pagliacci in the face. "OHHHH SHIT!" yell the Italian people, jumping up and down in excitement. "Dude just clowned Pagliacci. Dude just clowned Pagliacci!"

Puddles

Banned
Remember the "two Robins and a bunch of Alfreds" game? That seems like forever ago. Happier times. It's like remembering a moment with that one ex-gf you can't get over.

SUPREME1

Banned
How did LeBron fill the role of Robin if Wade was completely garbage like you stated in the first reason?

No Bosh, no ring. Simple as that. He came back right in time to turn the tide in their favor. LeBron's whistles alone were not gonna be enough, no matter how much the refs blew them.

Bosh - Batman

LeBron - Super Robin (Nightwing?)

Wade - Vicki Vale

Ray Allen is a lock to join the heat. Miller died last night right :p so he went out with a bang.

Though, Ray Allen wwnt ghost in the last finals he played, he might when they go back to the finals.

Austin Rivers future still a lock B^)

KingGondo

Banned
now that I think about it, why hasn't anyone brought that up as a possibility?
It's been brought up in Thunder fan circles, but it's complicated by the fact that:

1) This team was 3 wins away from chipping without him (and the Finals were closer than the 4-1 margin indicated)
2) Nash still commands good money and we have to pay Harden and Ibaka
3) Questionable as to whether he would accept a backup role

I say we do it just to prevent Miami from getting him. You can bet your ass Presti wishes he would've signed Battier this offseason. :)

It's been brought up in Thunder fan circles, but it's complicated by the fact that:

1) This team was 3 wins away from chipping without him (and the Finals were closer than the 4-1 margin indicated)
2) Nash still commands good money and we have to pay Harden and Ibaka
3) Questionable as to whether he would accept a backup role

I say we do it just to prevent Miami from getting him. You can bet your ass Presti wishes he would've signed Battier this offseason. :)

Ummmm if the Thunder got Nash you bet your ass that Westbrook gets moved to the 2 and off the ball more. It would be a good move but $$$ would be an issue. I really don't think Steve would care though

KingGondo

Banned
Ummmm if the Thunder got Nash you bet your ass that Westbrook gets moved to the 2 and off the ball more. It would be a good move but $$$ would be an issue. I really don't think Steve would care though
I don't think Westbrook would care either. He knows he's not a traditional PG.

Man, we would be unstoppable with Nash. The supporting cast is far better than he ever had in Phoenix.

He might be concerned about the PR implications though, considering that he's basically from the Pacific NW and could alienate some people from that region.

No Bosh, no ring. Simple as that. He came back right in time to turn the tide in their favor. LeBron's whistles alone were not gonna be enough, no matter how much the refs blew them.

Bosh - Batman

LeBron - Super Robin (Nightwing?)

Wade - Vicki Vale

No Gasol, no rings. Kobe's batgirl, Gasol is Nightwing.

Yeah I don't know how effective Nash can be when he's not getting the ball. Lebron's the PG, they don't need another one.

Not to mention what they lose on defense.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
ITALY, 1912. The famous Commedia Dell'Arte troupe is performing in Venice, and the renowned clown Pagliacci is clowning everyone. Slowly, though, his crowd disperses. "What is this?" wonders Pagliacci. He wanders over, and sees a strange man performing feats of magic. Pagliacci makes his way to the front of the crowd, where the man is wearing a strange white cotton band around his head. "And now," yells the mysterious man, "I shall make a flower grow from the palm of my hand." Pagliacci is front and center, and when the flower is full grown, the man walks over to him. "Smell the flower, Pagliacci." As he does, a stream of water shoots forth, hitting Pagliacci in the face. "OHHHH SHIT!" yell the Italian people, jumping up and down in excitement. "Dude just clowned Pagliacci. Dude just clowned Pagliacci!"

"OHHHH SHIT!"

Too good.

Most people want the most money they can get and I understand that but I don't think you can just throw Nash in that group. He has made a good bit of money in his career. I think he wants a ring more than anything else.

Didn't Orlando try to do Dwight for Ibaka and Harden before the trade deadline?

Or was that a rumor

Hmmmmmmmm if that were the case then they showed have done it, ghost Harden was :( to see

Didn't Orlando try to do Dwight for Ibaka and Harden before the trade deadline?

Or was that a rumor

Hmmmmmmmm if that were the case then they showed have done it, ghost Harden was :( to see

OKC gets Howard and its instant dynasty. Riley would pull a move like that, I doubt the OKC GM has the balls.

Got a quick story for you guys. Last night during the game the guy sitting behind me almost got into a fight with another Heat fan cause the other Heat fan yelled at him for standing up to much. When the other guy said sit down the dude behind me went nuts, yelling at the other guy, cursing him out, saying what a shitty fan he is. Our whole area was ready to back the dude behind me, its a close out game of the NBA FINALS! Stand the fuck up!

So yeah some fans are just ugh... but not all of us.

Adding an old star PG and a big man hungry for a ring to an already star-studded roster? With maybe Phil Jackson? Unstoppable!

AAGC014.jpg

Dwight wants to be, "the guy." Would he resign?
OKC has to be KD's team.

Call his bluff. OKC would still be able to pay him the most. And even if he does walk, if you get a ring out of it that's worth trading Westbrook. Championships are hard to come by, especially for mid-small market teams. There's no guarantee the Thunder will be in this position again.

KingGondo

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Call his bluff. OKC would still be able to pay him the most.
I think we can all agree that trying to judge the motivations of Dwight Howard is an ironclad strategy.

No way OKC trades anything of value for him unless he commits long-term.

Got a quick story for you guys. Last night during the game the guy sitting behind me almost got into a fight with another Heat fan cause the other Heat fan yelled at him for standing up to much. When the other guy said sit down the dude behind me went nuts, yelling at the other guy, cursing him out, saying what a shitty fan he is. Our whole area was ready to back the dude behind me, its a close out game of the NBA FINALS! Stand the fuck up!

So yeah some fans are just ugh... but not all of us.

Fucking Miami fans. I really hate a lot of them. Was it just TV optics, or are they just really more likely to stand up when the Heat are ahead by 20 than when the game is tight and the Heat need a crowd boost?

I think we can all agree that trying to judge the motivations of Dwight Howard is an ironclad strategy.

Pretty much.

Fantomex

Dwight has 6 baby mommas, he hasn't committed to his children, he will never commit to anything.

Fucking Miami fans. I really hate a lot of them. Was it just TV optics, or are they just really more likely to stand up when the Heat are ahead by 20 than when the game is tight and the Heat need a crowd boost?

Generally people get up when something awesome happens like a dunk, big three and general goodness. We stand in close games and when we need a run but its in short spurts, generally its a crowd that likes to sit.

Top Bottom