• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

OKC is going to have a very easy time getting back to the Finals unlike Miami because the West is declining and the East is getting much stronger

The old guard of the Mavericks, Lakers, and Spurs is declining, but there are more up and coming teams in the West than the East.

In the West you've got the T-Wolves, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, and the Hornets before too long as well. In the East there are the Pacers and the 76ers with a few teams that could make some decent strides soon like the Pistons and Wizards. The West will likely be a FAR better conference for at least the next several years.

Derrick01

Banned
Rose and Dwight will be back before the playoffs at least

The Bulls will be a real threat and Sixers/Pacers/Knicks are at least a challenge

Compare that to the West, who is going to challenge OKC?

Bulls will not be a threat as long as Boozer and Deng are on the roster. They completely vanish during the playoffs and Rose is his typical 38-40% shooting self and he goes into hero ball mode in the last few minutes while guys 8 inches taller suffocate him.

And that's assuming he comes back as his normal self.

effzee

Can't see Lebron rapidly declining at 31. His conditioning and physical gifts are just insane.

Either way he will need to develop a consistent jumper to remain at the top. He might not physically deteriorate by 31 but other younger, faster, and stronger players will be in the league.

The Bulls will be a real threat and Sixers/Pacers/Knicks are at least a challenge

Bulls can get to the pplayoffs without Rose, but he isn't slated to come back til just before the playoffs.

Dwight might not even be in the east next season and if he makes it to the nets they'll be fringe playoff team without Deron.

Sixers/Pacers/Knicks are meh as fuck.

You're crazy man.

charsace

The bulls won't play Rose at all next season. Bulls are gonna tank for a perimeter player and try to package guys for good picks.

KingGondo

Banned
Ok, but once again, who is going to challenge OKC next year?
The Spurs are still tough, and if the Lakers get Deron they'll be a contender too. The Clips and Grizz scare the shit out of me too. They have OKC's number.

It wasn't an easy road for OKC by any means this year. I still say they're the odds-on favorites to repeat as West champs, but it's not nearly as sure a thing as the Heat getting back to the Finals.

Clearly you go to the wrong parties.

Same here. People were trying to play him up as this generation's Jordan, but I was hoping he'd be this generation's Barkley/Malone.

He could still end up being this generation's Drexler, which wouldn't be so bad, I guess. One title before the Durant onslaught begins, then another one when he's past his prime and a clear 2nd option. I could live with that.

Lol he's already leagues better than Drexler. If anything, Durant might fill that role. Not sure why everyone hates on LeBron for being "annointed" yet wants to do the same thing to a guy on KD who has accomplished or earned even less.

Speaking of up and coming teams, how much better do you think the Wizards will be this year?

They're looking at a lineup of:

Wall
Beal (likely)
Ariza
Nene
and Okafor

with Seraphin, Singleton, Crawford, and Vessely, coming off the bench. That's not a bad group. It's certainly good enough to make them a serious playoff contender in the weak east.

Emwitus

OKC is going to have a very easy time getting back to the Finals unlike Miami because the West is declining and the East is getting much stronger

With minnesota coming up, clippers coming up, The dallas with a lot of capspace for a quick rebuild, lakers x factor signings, Spurs......................................LOL at easy.

Puddles

Banned
Lol he's already leagues better than Drexler. If anything, Durant might fill that role. Not sure why everyone hates on LeBron for being "annointed" yet wants to do the same thing to a guy on KD who has accomplished or earned even less.

KD is just a much more likable human being. He's the kind of guy you want to root for and who you hope to see succeed.

KD is just a much more likable human being. He's the kind of guy you want to root for and who you hope to see succeed.

You're such a hypocrite, you don't root for likable human beings

andrew-bynum.jpg

Wade is fading. LeBron will turn 28 a month into next season. I don't suppose it's too much to hope, with his style of play, that he has one of those rapid declines where he's basically a shell of himself by 31, is it? That would give them about a four year window, although I'm probably being overly optimistic with that projection. Realistically, the Heat probably have a good 6-7 years, even as Wade turns into Kobe.

Kobe has a jump shot. Wades legs will just be shot.

Speaking of up and coming teams, how much better do you think the Wizards will be this year?

They're looking at a lineup of:

Wall
Beal (likely)
Ariza
Nene
and Okafor

with Seraphin, Singleton, Crawford, and Vessely, coming off the bench. That's not a bad group. It's certainly good enough to make them a serious playoff contender in the weak east.

The talent level is pretty good since they should have three above-average starters and a good bench, but they have one of the worst coaches in NBA history so I'm not buying them as a playoff team.

Can someone explain Cuban and Skip's encounter, is it worth watching? Or does Cuban basically sit there and try to reference his Dallas team as much as possible?

Kobe would probably be a dick to you or I if we met him in real life and he's my favorite player ever. I'm not trying to date these mother fuckers I don't care how "likable" they are. And as we learned from Kobe and Tiger Woods, we don't really know these guys anyway. For all we know KD is a massive prick away from the cameras. It's not worth caring about because we will never really know.

I think the pressure is probably still on LeBron. Dude is far and away the best player in the league, he had a fantastic season, and he's got a team that could be making Finals appearances on a yearly basis unless the East suddenly gets real good real quick(Knic-HAHAHAHA, I'm sorry h3ro and Frankman).

edit: Eddy Curry has more rings then Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and Patrick Ewing combined

HOLD DAT SHIT

Puddles

Banned
I think the pressure is probably still on LeBron. Dude is far and away the best player in the league, he had a fantastic season, and he's got a team that could be making Finals appearances on a yearly basis unless the East suddenly gets real good real quick(Knic-HAHAHAHA, I'm sorry h3ro and Frankman).

It's not far and away anything. KD had almost as good a series, and he's four years younger with plenty of time to improve. If Rose and Dwight come back at their old peaks, that's another two players who are around the same level.

Deron and Dwight in Brooklyn will probably happen now

and they will be scary together

wouldn't that be dwight's way of regaining his image? if he beat the heat

The talent level is pretty good since they should have three above-average starters and a good bench, but they have one of the worst coaches in NBA history so I'm not buying them as a playoff team.

Even with Whittman on the sidelines that team should still at least be in contention, especially if Dwight ends up going to a team in the Western conference.

Gigglepoo

It's not far and away anything. KD had almost as good a series, and he's four years younger with plenty of time to improve. If Rose and Dwight come back at their old peaks, that's another two players who are around the same level.

You're the kind of poster who I want to write a long argument to counter your ridiculous claims and then I stop, because you're clearly not using logic.

The best "About Last Night" yet

APRIL 1945. BERLIN, GERMANY, THE FUHRERBUNKER. Last days of WWII. Deep in the underground, Hitler and his men cackle as the war rages above them. "Nobody can ever find us!" they shout. Bad news, Hitler: LeBron shows up at the door. "Halt! You cannot enter!" says one Nazi, drawing his miniature Nazi gun. LeBron is unarmed, but it doesn't matter. Spin move, hesitation, crossover. Slight elbow to the kidney, ref looks the other way. Bullets fly, but LeBron is too fast. Himmler tries to take a charge, but he's in the restricted area. LeBron rages through 15 bunker rooms until he finds Hitler, trembling in a corner. "Do the right thing!" says LeBron, tossing him a pistol. But Hitler is a coward, and decides to shoot LeBron instead. He smirks his Hitler smirk just before pulling the trigger. But LeBron knew his man, and had rigged it to shoot backward. No more Hitler. Eva Braun? Cheering despite herself. She rushes over, but LeBron brushes her aside. "I don't date Nazis," he says, breaking her spirit forever. On his way out, Himmler tries and fails to take another charge.

YEAR INFINITY, BATTLEFIELD BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL. "Lucifer is gaining ground!" says the Archangel Michael in a panic. "He has too many angels, and they really seem like they don't want to go to hell. All is lost." Suddenly, a large man breaks through their front lines. "Anyone like Frisbee?" he asks, before dumping 50 halos on the ground in front of them. The angels weep in gratitude, and Michael says, "There's a spot for you in heaven." LeBron laughs and shakes his head. "Heaven's for people who die."

SUPREME1

Banned
1. Trade Wade for someone who isn't complete garbage.

2. Get Bosh some real help. LeBron filled the role of Robin just fine this year, but Bosh can't depend solely on LeBron getting all these whistles if the Heat insist on riding Bosh to more chips.

3. Riley needs to stay chummy with the Stern Gang. That cruise ship money better continue to be deposited in Stern's a random swiss bank account.

4. Every other star in the East needs to be seriously injured come playoff time.

5. More lockout shortened seasons.

6. No HGH testing.

Top Bottom