• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

We did not win chips.

This Celtics team was incredibly awful when it came to the postseason. Still, was an incredible ride watching the Heat choke.

Chip. You happy?

Awful aint the word either. 2 finals appearances, which more than likely would have been 3 if KG was 100% in 09 and the loss in game 7 easily could have went the other way. No team in either conference wanted to see those Celtics.

They can beat the celts this year cause they suck, I don't think they beat OKC with or without Bosh.

They didn't beat The Mavs with all their guys healthy and each being great individual players. I think that shows how hard it is to build around him, if they were to lose again this year with a healthy Bosh that point would be backed up.

Losing with an unhealhty Bosh doesn't back up that point, but I don't think they should win without a healthy Bosh.

The loss against the Mavs had nothing to do with the team that was built around him, WTF are you going on about? If Lebron comes to play at all we win that series. Point blank.

Wolves fans went through that facade before you

Your FO should have called our FO first, we could have warned you

Yeah Rodeo basically spent the whole off-season warning us

He still has good games sometimes but "good games" are what we expected from him more. lol, his fucking agent was calling him the "ringo" of the group, the guy who would be the super sub off the bench----now he's just a more scared james jones with better rebounding

Sanjuro

Chip. You happy?

Awful aint the word either. 2 finals appearances, which more than likely would have been 3 if KG was 100% in 09 and the loss in game 7 easily could have went the other way. No team in either conference wanted to see those Celtics.

I'm talking about this season.

I'm proud of you son

Now let's watch LeBron take home a ring!

Ehhh not everyone was really healthy but nobody really is so health is a moot point. they lost mostly because lebron choked, it's pretty simple. if he doesn't fuck up their chances of winning were much higher

it's on him that they lost that series, not on the pieces they put around him. ironically when they have lost this year it's because nobody else stepped up

It surely is hard to build around a Regular Season gangster who acts like Joe Johnson in the finals.

This year his cast has been all kinds of shit in the playoffs, Wade hasn't made his life easy either.

KingGondo

Banned
I don't hate LeBron, he's just painfully naive and sheltered within his lifestyle and status as a superstar athlete. He's also completely tone-deaf when it comes to PR and relating to people who didn't win the genetic lottery.

He's fun to make fun of, even if I think he's actually probably a decent-enough fellow in real life.

MorisUkunRasik said:
LeBron eats pieces of shit for breakfast.
I would enjoy seeing Perk chase down LeBron with a huge mob of Okies behind him.

jman2050

Lebron blew it in last year's finals. I still don't know what was up with that. Even that 2010 series against the Celtics (which he gets unfairly maligned for btw) wasn't like that.

Is a player who disappears in the finals easy to build around now?

Is this your only argument left?

Because a player who disappears in the finals is sure better than a player who never gets there, which means he is easier to build around than pretty much everyone else

Ehhh not everyone was really healthy but nobody really is so health is a moot point. they lost mostly because lebron choked, it's pretty simple. if he doesn't fuck up their chances of winning were much higher

it's on him that they lost that series, not on the pieces they put around him. ironically when they have lost this year it's because nobody else stepped up

This. Last year was all on Lebron, his game changed so clearly in the finals. We need this killer Lebron to play the same in the finals.

I don't hate LeBron, he's just painfully naive and sheltered within his lifestyle and status as a superstar athlete. He's also completely tone-deaf when it comes to PR and relating to people who didn't win the genetic lottery.

He's fun to make fun of, even if I think he's actually probably a decent-enough fellow in real life.

I would enjoy seeing Perk chase down LeBron with a huge mob of Okies behind him.
LeBron is a moron and a douche, that much is for sure. That's okay, though. He's good at throwing a sphere through an orange ring.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He's not my favorite player but I like him well enough and he gets waaaaaaay too much shit for absolutely no good reason.

not really.. most of it is deserving imo..

if he wasn't as talented as he is the media would roast him..

Yall looking forward to doing this again on all of Monday and Tuesday?

yippee

not really.. most of it is deserving imo..

if he wasn't as talented as he is the media would roast him..

I don't think he deserves to have literally every word and move he makes be criticized and picked apart the way it is

but that is the way it is ... because of how good he is and what he hasn't done yet

Shurs

Larry Hughes is known for his one on one D (and poor shot selection).. he even made first team all D team the year before joining the Cavs.. not that the award means much.. but taking a NBA superstar's spot on the team is telling..

What makes All-Defensive teams illegitimate? I've heard people say this in regards to Kobe being a part them. Aren't Head Coaches the ones who vote for the players? To me that would make it more legitimate than the awards voted on by media members.

What makes All-Defensive teams illegitimate? I've heard people say this in regards to Kobe being a part them. Aren't Head Coaches the ones who vote for the players? To me that would make it more legitimate than they awards voted on by media members.

Because Tyson Chandler won DPOY and didn't get first team

as far as I know both honors are really, really stupid

Blackace

What makes All-Defensive teams illegitimate? I've heard people say this in regards to Kobe being a part them. Aren't Head Coaches the ones who vote for the players? To me that would make it more legitimate than they awards voted on by media members.

it is just that superstar that makes them shams.. even the coaches vote for high profile guys.. in 2008 CP3 and Kobe were 1st team and Rondo was 2nd

I thought some of nba-age was coming around on Lebron. Seemed there was more respect going around after the last two games. I have a feeling he plays extremely well these finals, whether that is enough to win we shall see but I think he will surprise many. Though I know to many people there is almost nothing he can ever do to redeem himself.

To me though I am more worried about Wade. Our city started to turn on him, he had a golden pass to do anything it was shocking to see the biggest of Heat fans start to pile on Wade. Go back to last year and ask all Heat fans who is their guy, Wade. Who do we trust, Wade. Who would we never trade under any circumstance, Wade. This year the answer to all that is Lebron.

KingGondo

Banned
LeBron is a moron and a douche, that much is for sure. That's okay, though. He's good at throwing a sphere through an orange ring.
I don't know him personally... It's pretty unfair to throw around the "moron" and "douche" labels unless you do.

I know that he has made some spectacularly out-of-touch PR gaffes over the years, and that he seems to surround himself with yes-men and old high school buddies who aren't remotely qualified to help him become a "Global Icon" or improve his public image.

I don't know of any particularly egregious personal shit he's done, though.

I thought some of nba-age was coming around on Lebron. Seemed there was more respect going around after the last two games. I have a feeling he plays extremely well these finals, whether that is enough to win we shall see but I think he will surprise many. Though I know to many people there is almost nothing he can ever do to redeem himself.

These are the people he shouldn't give a fuck about.

Blackace

I don't think he deserves to have literally every word and move he makes be criticized and picked apart the way it is

but that is the way it is ... because of how good he is and what he hasn't done yet

I can only speak on how I see it.. but the BS on the sidelines like dancing.. the way he left Cle brought the attention on himself..

I respect him for him being him.. but there is no way he gets shitted on only because he is good and has no ring yet

Yall looking forward to doing this again on all of Monday and Tuesday?

yippee

Well that and him being horrible with PR

To me though I am more worried about Wade. Our city started to turn on him, he had a golden pass to do anything it was shocking to see the biggest of Heat fans start to pile on Wade. Go back to last year and ask all Heat fans who is their guy, Wade. Who do we trust, Wade. Who would we never trade under any circumstance, Wade. This year the answer to all that is Lebron.

According to Vag LeBron needs at least 5 rings to be considered in the class of Kobe and Magic

He can never be an all time great otherwise!

I can only speak on how I see it.. but the BS on the sidelines like dancing.. the way he left Cle brought the attention on himself..

I respect him for him being him.. but there is no way he gets shitted on only because he is good and has no ring yet

Fair enough but he's been very tame this year

Blackace

According to Vag LeBron needs at least 5 rings to be considered in the class of Kobe and Magic

He can never be an all time great otherwise!

Winning a chip really does make you legit tho..

Dream might not be held as one of the greatest if he didn't get his chips..

They might think of him as Ewing..

Blackace

Fair enough but he's been very tame this year

yeah he has.. he seems way more focused.. All of the LBJ ringless talk must have lit a fire under him..

But he still acts out every now and then, like not talking to the press after losses.. if he didn't act an ass before no one, but the serious haters, would really notice

What makes All-Defensive teams illegitimate? I've heard people say this in regards to Kobe being a part them. Aren't Head Coaches the ones who vote for the players? To me that would make it more legitimate than the awards voted on by media members.

Coaches don't vote for the award, their secretaries or random members of the team that the coach gives the ballot to vote for the award.

I don't think Bron will ever get on Magic's level, like how Kobe won't ever be on MJ's level.

ehh I'm ok with that, this 'level' stuff to me is just something everyone has for themselves. you must have multiple rings to be in that echelon but let's say hypothetically if lebron gets 3, I think that is pretty damn impressive

gotta wait till the end of his career to see what all he has done though before comparing him to anyone else though. i'm just saying i don't think ring count should be the end all

yeah he has.. he seems way more focused.. All of the LBJ ringless talk must have lit a fire under him..

But he still acts out every now and then, like not talking to the press after losses.. if he didn't act an ass before no one, but the serious haters, would really notice

Thats nothing though. Its alot better than the ass hurt guys who come out just to talk shit to the reporters every question or give one word answers. NBA really needs to get away from pressers after every game.

Blackace

I don't think Bron will ever get on Magic's level, like how Kobe won't ever be on MJ's level.

Magic was my childhood hero.. him and the Human Highlight.. But I wonder how Magic's career would have gone if he went to a crappy team? Magic fell into one of the greatest sports franchises in all of sports along with an already all-star cast..LBJ went to the Cavs...

MJ and Kobe are a little more comparable..

Yeah to me three is about the threshold where I say Lebron did very well with his career. He could still do better but three is the low limit, anything less I think would be a big disappointment with a man with those skills and this team we created.

Magic was my childhood hero.. him and the Human Highlight.. But I wonder how Magic's career would have gone if he went to a crappy team? Magic fell into one of the greatest sports franchises in all of sports along with an already all-star cast..LBJ went to the Cavs...

MJ and Kobe are a little more comparable..

Magic wasn't having that.

Wade probably wouldn't have this "clutch" gene crap going for him from the media if Shaq never came to town.

"He's done it before so that's all that matters!" I hate that argument

Blackace

Thats nothing though. Its alot better than the ass hurt guys who come out just to talk shit to the reporters every question or give one word answers. NBA really needs to get away from pressers after every game.

it's the playoffs.. not going to happen. It's part of the job you have to do..

The media has to stop askign stupid questions tho..

Top Bottom