• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

snack

532754_461809323847597_1738521891_n.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
it was misguided and dumb, but hardly makes him a "judas". He had every right to leave and handled a lot better than Dwight and Melo have.

people are used to players handling teams like Melo and D12.. booking a timeslot on ESPN with highlights of your career to divorce your team is fairly gaudy and disrespectful.. imo.. at this point it's old news.. root for your lil pg and hope you get good talent now..

it was misguided and dumb, but hardly makes him a "judas". He had every right to leave and handled a lot better than Dwight and Melo have.

Melo handled it best. Not even close. D12 has been horrible in every way and way worse than Lebron except for The Decision. Lebron's The Decision was the worst thing any of them did.

But you're right he isn't "judas." He didn't betray anyone. He's just a gigantic asshole to the fans.

Blackace

Melo handled it best. Not even close. D12 has been horrible in every way and way worse than Lebron except for The Decision. Lebron's The Decision was the worst thing any of them did.

But you're right he isn't "judas." He didn't betray anyone. He's just a gigantic asshole to the fans.

bingo

How many of ya'll have had one night stands? I dont mean goin to a club and havin one with a chick. I mean youre at starbucks, you see a chick lookin at you, and you both agree to get a room and have sex and never talk afterwards.

Blackace

How many of ya'll have had one night stands? I dont mean goin to a club and havin one with a chick. I mean youre at starbucks, you see a chick lookin at you, and you both agree to get a room and have sex and never talk afterwards.

not like that... but have some where things just clicked and never contacted each other again..

Canuck76

Banned
Hey i just want to give a shout out to Heat-age MVP's Vire and Miami Wesker

Now that the Heat are in the finals all the bandwagoners have showed up and well.

These die-hards deserve some credit. They were there when Indiana looked to take the series. They were there when Boston went 3-2.

They were there last year when the most epic dirk playoff run ended in a sad Wade, threatening to take his talents to tnt and in his own words "go back to what i know, which is relying on Shaq"

If not for these gaf heroes going on twitter and talking him down, we may not have had another season of this 3 ring circus.

Hats off to you gentlemen, and to all banana riders for both teams that have come out of the woodwork like cockroaches i say, we know who you are. We know your game exceedingly well. And when you say you were "just to busy to post during the year but i rep south side OKC hard" we know the truth

You'll know in your soul what you are.

Now that the Heat are in the finals all the bandwagoners have showed up and well.

These die-hards deserve some credit. They were there when Indiana looked to take the series. They were there when Boston went 3-2.

They were there last year when the most epic dirk playoff run ended in a sad Wade, threatening to take his talents to tnt and in his own words "go back to what i know, which is relying on Shaq"

If not for these gaf heroes going on twitter and talking him down, we may not have had another season of this 3 ring circus.

Hats off to you gentlemen, and to all banana riders for both teams that have come out of the woodwork like cockroaches i say, we know who you are. We know your game exceedingly well. And when you say you were "just to busy to post during the year but i rep south side OKC hard" we know the truth

And you are?

;D

lol

nvm... cant say anything more to this....lol

Ramblin

Banned

Shit who cares about guys who have always cheered for winners. I'm a long suffering raptor fan where the fuck are my props?

Last year I rooted for the Mavs because Dirk is my favorite non-Laker. Also, I really didn't want the Heat to win their 1st season because of karma and well, I didn't want it to be that easy.

This year I'm more apathetic about it. I don't really care if Lebron gets his ring or not and I like Bosh. But Durant is my next fave non-Laker and I have been the minority here liking OKC as a team (Perkins is the only player I dislike) and I think they're fun to watch. So I want OKC to win.

It will also have the added effect of making Russel Westbrook a champion, leading his team to a title. Which means Giri's head will be full of so much fuck it will explode.

That and I really dislike Wade (always have). I'd like it if he never won again. I'd rather Miami lose, trade Wade, then win.

Blackace

kinda in the same boat..

think Wade is bitchmade and really showed this season.. LBJ is SO talented it is hard to hate how he plays.. still don't like the idea that the players basically GMed the team together so that will never really sit well with me..

and then the Thunder... young talented and stolen from hometown..

whoever wins, I lose.. :(

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The only issue with LeBron winning his first title is that the media is going to act like he just won his eighth ring, and treat it as proof of his greatness.

Blackace

The only issue with LeBron winning his first title is that the media is going to act like he just won his eighth ring, and treat it as proof of his greatness.

you can't keep taking away the finish line.. if the dude wins only one ring it will be proof of his greatness..

Shouta

and then the Thunder... young talented and stolen from hometown..

whoever wins, I lose.. :(

Yeah, I like the OKC players and I've got nothing against OKC fans, even if they're a bit ass about it but I just can't cheer on the team because of that slimy ass Bennett. I actually saw the OKC game and when Bennett came out and held that trophy, I wanted to punch a window.

you can't keep taking away the finish line.. if the dude wins only one ring it will be proof of his greatness..

Is that even needed? Malone, Barkley, Stockton. All are considered great. Are they also considered on the highest pantheon because of the lack of a title? probably not. But they're still great. Not like anyone says Pau > Barkley or ever will (or ever should).

As a consumer, we're in a no win situation.

Lebron loses = 24/7 Lechoke coverage.
Lebron wins = OMG OMG OMG JIZZ 24/7 on Lebron.

On the other hand, if Durant wins, it won't get the same knob-slobbing.

Canuck76

Banned
Is that even needed? Malone, Barkley, Stockton. All are considered great. Are they also considered on the highest pantheon because of the lack of a title? probably not. But they're still great. Not like anyone says Pau > Barkley or ever will (or ever should).

As a consumer, we're in a no win situation.

Lebron loses = 24/7 Lechoke coverage.
Lebron wins = OMG OMG OMG JIZZ 24/7 on Lebron.

On the other hand, if Durant wins, it won't get the same knob-slobbing.

Lol far from it.

All we'll see after the Thunder win

WHAT A WHOLESOME BASKETBALL PLAYER LOOK AT HIM KISS HIS MOM

HE'S NOT A THUG LIKE THE USUAL PLAYERS. WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR BASKETBALL

Blackace

name the best centers and Pat gets left off that list more often than his stats and career deserve but that lack of winning hurts him..

Blackace

Not enough to be placed on MJ's level, but that's what I think will happen.

The NBA and the media will always put someone on MJs level, because MJ made them stupid money..

Shit Penny was the next MJ

name the best centers and Pat gets left off that list more often than his stats and career deserve but that lack of winning hurts him..

Well, that and most people want to forget about 90s bullyball.

Of course, there's Wilt, Russell, Dream, Shaq, and Kareem as the unquestioned top 5 and most people stop at 5. Then you have DRob, Moses, Walton, and Ewing. {note: not in any order]

If anything, ZO is the Center who rarely is remembered. Probably due to missing a lot of time, of course. Random fucking diseases.

Top Bottom