• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

What's the best contract they can give Harden? And does he accept it?

Someone is going to offer Harden a waay better deal than whatever the Thunder give him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well, he's a RFA... but I still think OKC screwed themselves by paying Perkins and Ibaka.
Yeah sure im not trying to say otherwise. Its just that him coming off the bench is not that big of an impact in comparison to him possibly starting.
Can't agree with that. Most of the time, the best player should start. However, there are instances when a team is best served once a player is coming off the bench after the opening tone is set.

A LOT of the time, big impact players start because of their name alone. Wade should be coming off the bench in the same way too imo. Will it happen? Not a chance in hell.

I can think of plenty of impact guys that'd be better served coming off the bench...

Bulls could rest rose all the way to the playoffs and still be the number one seed....Think about that for a moment. Kobe, where are you're basketball deities now? Huh? Huh?

They still play Miami two more times and 9 of their last 15 are against playoff teams so they can't just expect to be handed the no. 1 seed.

DY_nasty

They'll find money for Harden. It's Ibaka they're gonna lose.

Ibaka is probably one of the most overrated players in the league anyways... if they can get away with lowballing Collision, they'll probably improve overall.

Triple U

Banned
Well, he's a RFA... but I still think OKC screwed themselves by paying Perkins and Ibaka.

Can't agree with that. Most of the time, the best player should start. However, there are instances when a team is best served once a player is coming off the bench after the opening tone is set.

A LOT of the time, big impact players start because of their name alone. Wade should be coming off the bench in the same way too imo. Will it happen? Not a chance in hell.

I can think of plenty of impact guys that'd be better served coming off the bench...

Well I just can't see the differnce from coming off the bench OKC style vs simply playing a LBJ/Wade/Bosh with the second unit.

Emwitus

They still play Miami two more times and 9 of their last 15 are against playoff teams so they can't just expect to be handed the no. 1 seed.

They beat miami without rose....wouldn't hurt to try again now would it? And miami is currently only one of three teams that are really a threat to them....and arguably the best of them.

DY_nasty

They beat miami without rose....wouldn't hurt to try again now would it? And miami is currently only one of three teams that are really a threat to them....and arguably the best of them.

Even if the Bulls beat Miami, I can't see them beating anyone that manages to come out of the West.

Spurs? 2nd round KO
Thunder? bloodchoke
LA? Moral Victories to be had by all.
Memphis? End of the Boozer Defense Force.

Barrage

Ibaka is probably one of the most overrated players in the league anyways... if they can get away with lowballing Collision, they'll probably improve overall.

Agreed. The problem is, if the core of Durant/Westbrook/Harden can't win it now, once they're all making Max money OKC's hands will be tied. The Thunder essentially have until the Summer of 2013 to solidify the core roster they will compete with during Durant and Westbrook's primes.

DY_nasty

Agreed. The problem is, if the core of Durant/Westbrook/Harden can't win it now, once they're all making Max money OKC's hands will be tied. The Thunder essentially have until the Summer of 2013 to solidify the core roster they will compete with during Durant and Westbrook's primes.

I'd have traded Westbrook long, LONG ago. But that's just me... I don't think Westbrook can coexist with Harden.

At least Monta doesn't pretend to be a PG.

Barrage

I'd have traded Westbrook long, LONG ago. But that's just me... I don't think Westbrook can coexist with Harden.

At least Monta doesn't pretend to be a PG.

Mmm, maybe...but clearly OKC has decided to go all in on a BestBrook future.

In terms of trades, I don't think any 1-for-1 works. Westbrook for Rondo is a talent downgrade, IMO. The best OKC could've probably done is trade Russ for a traditional PG package, like to Houston for Lowry+ other shit.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Hey Bulls-GAF, what are you hearing about Rose playing Sunday? I know he's not going to come back against the Pistons tonight, but OKC is a big game.

I don't give a shit about any of these games. Rest him until he's healthy, let him play full speed the last 2 weeks of the season, and then he'll be ready for the playoffs.

DY_nasty

Sure it will.

Miami hardly ever loses at home and struggles at times on the road.

Homecourt is always ideal regardless of the teams you are playing.
Miami hardly loses because they're a good team.

You've seen their games. The seats look like some NOLA shit.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I do.

Homecourt.

I don't care if it didn't work out completely last time, there is a reason teams play for it.

Bulls Schedule - Bulls will lose at most 5
vs. DET
@ OKC
vs. HOU
vs. BOS
@ NYC
vs. MIA
@ DET
vs. WAS
@ CHA
@ MIA
vs. DAL
@ IND
vs. CLE

Miami Schedule - They'll lose at least 3 games here
@ TOR
@ BOS
vs. PHI
vs. OKC
vs. MEM
vs. DET
vs. BOS
@ CHI
vs. CHA
@ NYC
@ NJ
vs. TOR
vs. CHI
vs. WAS
vs. HOU
@ BOS
@ WAS

I'm pretty confident about our 1 seed chances even if Rose takes until the MIA game to come back.

Triple U

Banned
Bulls Schedule - Bulls will lose at most 5
vs. DET
@ OKC
vs. HOU
vs. BOS
@ NYC
vs. MIA
@ DET
vs. WAS
@ CHA
@ MIA
vs. DAL
@ IND
vs. CLE

Miami Schedule - They'll lose at least 3 games here
@ TOR
@ BOS
vs. PHI
vs. OKC
vs. MEM
vs. DET
vs. BOS
@ CHI
vs. CHA
@ NYC
@ NJ
vs. TOR
vs. CHI
vs. WAS
vs. HOU
@ BOS
@ WAS

I'm pretty confident about our 1 seed chances even if Rose takes until the MIA game to come back.
Those schedules look about even to me and if MIA plays more like they did last night and the beginning of the season I could see them pulling very close.

Sure it will.

Miami hardly ever loses at home and struggles at times on the road.

Homecourt is always ideal regardless of the teams you are playing.

I don't think Miami's struggles are linked much at all to road vs home. When they struggle its usually because they get lazy/stagnant on both sides of the ball. They don't don't seem to fear the UC that much anyway.

I don't think Miami's struggles are linked much at all to road vs home. When they struggle its usually because they get lazy/stagnant on both sides of the ball. They don't don't seem to fear the UC that much anyway.

Bulls blew them out in the first game of last year's series and choked a big lead away in the last game.

Not a question of fear but the Bulls would much rather have the homecourt edge.

I'm not always a numbers guy but Miami losing only two games at home as opposed to 11 on the road seems to indicate something.

Triple U

Banned
Bulls blew them out in the first game of last year's series and choked a big lead away in the last game.

Not a question of fear but the Bulls would much rather have the homecourt edge.

I'm not always a numbers guy but Miami losing only two games at home as opposed to 11 on the road seems to indicate something.

Both the Bulls and Heat are top 4 road teams. I honestly think home vs road would be irrelevant in a series between them.

Omzz

brother was able to get some tickets from work for the raptors and heat game tonight. lets see how this goes. im guessing turiaf will get lets of minutes

lololol.
andre miller has a spot in my heart forever <3
My hope for the Lakers is that in the playoffs the starters can play some more minutes so it would mitigate the bench.
this is usually the case.
the rotation is cut down to 8.
and this is why i've been bitching at mike brown these past few weeks about his
idiotic substitutions and playing kobe with absurd amount of minutes.

Duki

Banned
watching laker fans slowly realise you need elite athleticism to contend for a championship and not just wily, veteran skill is kind of sad :(

people talking about DONT PANIC YET as if it means anything

panic about what exactly? its v clear lakers cant win the chip

and then theres fans like heavy who watch boxscores instead of games and dont understand how inferior the lakers roster is athletically to even, like, the damn spurs or something

i mean is matt barnes the most athletic guy on the lakers atm

eventually father time kicks in and the younger, faster guys win because when you get down to it, this game is sport and like most sports being younger and faster and stronger is what wins games

v sad

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
watching laker fans slowly realise you need elite athleticism to contend for a championship and not just wily, veteran skill is kind of sad :(

and then theres fans like heavy who watch boxscores instead of games and dont understand how inferior the lakers roster is athletically to even, like, the damn spurs or something

eventually father time kicks in and the younger, faster guys win because when you get down to it, this game is sport and like most sports being younger and faster and stronger is what wins games

v sad

Just curious who would you say from last years Mavs squad would come under "elite athleticism". Because to me it seems like they were the "wily, veteran skilled" team.

Emwitus

v sad

LOL

This post will get alot of use in june when the spurs are the eventual champions.

v sad

???????

Spurs starters are Parker, Green, Leonard, Duncan, and Blair.

4 of those guys are under 30.

Our bench righit now is Neal, Manu, Jaxxxxx, Bonner, Splitter, and Diaw.

2 of those guys are above 34, one is 31 (I think? Bonner is right over 30), and the others are under 30.

Two of our big 3 are older players, but we have a young roster.

Not to mention the 2010 team was hardly an athletic bunch.

Kobe on 1 knee. Bynum on one knee. That left...Shannon brown off the bench?

oh duki. why you so silly duki.

Wouldn't be too mad if we paid Gordon a huge contract.

Better to pay someone that's worth it when he's healthy than to choose to overpay some guy who you know doesn't have all-star potential.

I'm a sadist and I follow Hollingers power ranking s and for the life of me have not understood his love for the 76ers all season.

it's based on a computer formula. He doesn't love them, personally. Well, maybe he does, but who knows.

He just wrote an article about how Philly sucks in the clutch cuz their defense blow there.

cdyhybrid

Rumors out here that the Mariners are trying to kill the arena deal in Seattle. They're doing a fine job running off their fans on their own, they didn't need to do this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom