• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

Holy shit guys, I was bored and turned on the TV, and there it was - the CBA Finals.

It was Beijing (Marbury) vs. Dongguan (Brooks) game 5, with Beijing up 3-1. Marbury scored 41 points clinching the game and winning the title. He was sitting on the court in tears!!

Kobe is done. Lakers fans don't want to admit it, but he is. His defense has been abysmal this year. On offense, his shot selection is questionable at best and Kome and worst. What you're left with is a player that sometimes scores a ton of points in spurts, but gives up just as much on the defensive side of the ball. Lakers fans would commonly attribute PGs blowing up against the Lakers as a result of Fisher starting, but it's becoming apparent that Kobe had at least some to do with that.

oh what am i thinking
lakers are done, 3 weeks of crappy kobe games confirms it
trade him for a 2nd rounder and a bag of peanuts before its too late
cut the rest of the team, nto worth anything
sell the arena
move team to san jose and change name to whales
apocalypse upon us

Only way to post in this thread is to either be a nut rider that follows whatever line the kliq is spewing out at the moment, or start dropping end-of-the-world shit after a second missed field goal to start the game.

oh what am i thinking
lakers are done
trade kobe for a 2nd rounder and a bag of peanuts before its too late
sell the arena

Already-Dead-e1263400503343.jpg

Only way to post in this thread is to either be a nut rider that follows whatever line the kliq is spewing out at the moment, or start dropping end-of-the-world shit after a second missed field goal to start the game.
Oh heavy, never change. Everyone loves your humour.

Also, I watched the Heat/Mavs game last night and it is a fucking miracle that they won the title last year. I feel so bad for Dirk having to play on a team like that.

Kobe is done. Lakers fans don't want to admit it, but he is. His defense has been abysmal this year. On offense, his shot selection is questionable at best and Kome and worst. What you're left with is a player that sometimes scores a ton of points in spurts, but gives up just as much on the defensive side of the ball. Lakers fans would commonly attribute PGs blowing up against the Lakers as a result of Fisher starting, but it's becoming apparent that Kobe had at least some to do with that.

The good news is that the 2 position kind of sucks around the league anyway so Kobe's defensive woes aren't too magnified.

thekad

Banned
oh what am i thinking
sell the arena
apocalypse upon us

Do you only argue against strawmen?

Wah, just put 40 on them with your sick ass post up moves (TM)

Emwitus

Holy shit guys, I was bored and turned on the TV, and there it was - the CBA Finals.

It was Beijing (Marbury) vs. Dongguan (Brooks) game 5, with Beijing up 3-1. Marbury scored 41 points clinching the game and winning the title. He was sitting on the court in tears!!

Can't blame him. Never won a championship state side. I'm happy for him.

Emwitus

Also, I watched the Heat/Mavs game last night and it is a fucking miracle that they won the title last year. I feel so bad for Dirk having to play on a team like that.

No miracle. Chandler,stevenson, barea....replaced by the ghost of vince carter, Emo odom and a bunch of rookies.

EDIT: And man, that Odom trade basically gave the laker's season away for basically nothing. So bad. Kobe is so pissed right now.

No miracle. Chandler,stevenson, barea....replaced by the ghost of vince carter, Emo odom and a bunch of rookies.

This is so wrong. Vince Carter has actually played very, very well for Dallas this year. In fact, Chicago should be kicking themselves for not signing him. Odom is garbage, but he's not even getting playing time there. I'm mainly talking about Jason Terry (he went 1 for 10 last night against the Heat) and Jason Kidd has completely fallen off. Marion is the best player Dirk has played with in the past five years.

This is so wrong. Vince Carter has actually played very, very well for Dallas this year. In fact, Chicago should be kicking themselves for not signing him. Odom is garbage, but he's not even getting playing time there. I'm mainly talking about Jason Terry (he went 1 for 10 last night against the Heat) and Jason Kidd has completely fallen off. Marion is the best player Dirk has played with in the past five years.

Vince hasn't played that well bro, not at all. He is an open door on defense and prefers to stand around half the time on offense costing dirk opportunities to pass out of doubles.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Lol at saying that the man who leads the NBA in points AND minutes is "done"

And Im not even a Laker fan.

charsace

So late. Steph really changed in china.

oh what am i thinking
sell the arena
apocalypse upon us

Praise our god

Triple U

Banned
Kobe is not really done, he is just a selfish idiot. If he wasn't forcing so many stupid ass shots and let offense come to him, the lakers would probably be favorites to come out of the west . They still have the best front-court in the league and bynum is becoming very dominant. Kobe should focus more on D and run the O through the bigs first.

So is this period Kobe's garden of Gethsemane experience?

Kobe is not really done, he is just a selfish idiot. If he wasn't forcing so many stupid ass shots and let offense come to him, the lakers would probably be favorites to come out of the west . They still have the best front-court in the league and bynum is becoming very dominant. Kobe should focus more on D and run the O through the bigs first.

Bahwahawa

I know its a shot in the dark but tell me im wrong.

Oh, that's what should happen but we're talking about Kobe Bryant. There is a better chance of LeBron showing up in the 4th in the finals than Kobe playing defense and letting another player be the center of the offense.

I've always felt Kobe was over the hill -mentally- instead of physically.

In a way, he's holding Bynum back.

I actually agree. At this point, Andrew should be the center of the offense. Andrew while not as good nor dominating as Shaq still has the height and weight edge over the competition, plus he's truly improved his offensive game. Kobe still refuses to adapt his game as he ages, even if it means the team is more successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom