• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

Thunder big three are better than Miami big three. That's awesome.

I can't believe i'm agreeing to this....but yes.

EDIT: After our whooping last night...no doubt. If only kobe would let sessions go off a little bit. He didn't even attempt a three pointer and didn't seem agressive at all. He really needs to come off the bench.The harden model is the best.

I realize this is the NBA thread but Amazon is having some great sales on Kindle baseball books. Boys of Summer, Sandy Koufax: A Lefty's Legacy, and The Last Boy: Mickey Mantle are all on sale for $1.99.

I could see them getting testy each other but Kobe respects Chris enough to defer

I don't know man. I'd like to think so but...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I actually agree. At this point, Andrew should be the center of the offense. Andrew while not as good nor dominating as Shaq still has the height and weight edge over the competition, plus he's truly improved his offensive game. Kobe still refuses to adapt his game as he ages, even if it means the team is more successful.
Yeah.

If Kobe would just get off his "IMDAGODOFSUCCESSATSUCCESSATSUCCESS" shit and allow his two premier bigs to set the tone of the game, imagine how much easier life would be in LA.

Yeah.

If Kobe would just get off his "IMDAGODOFSUCCESSATSUCCESSATSUCCESS" shit and allow his two premier bigs to set the tone of the game, imagine how much easier life would be in LA.

That's why it's so infuriating watching these Lakers. It was one thing when the Lakers were winning with Kobe and Shaq because Kobe, though he'd go crazy at times, he was still playing within the system with Shaq. Same for the most part for the first few years after Pau arrived. But now that Bynum has been healthy and dominating, it's time for Kobe to hand off the ball.

I think harden is the third piece of the puzzle.

EDIT: On record. Either Spurs or Miami are winning this year.

While I agree with you, I'm trying to keep the internal hype down, especially after Manu became one armed-Manu ON THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON last year in a freak injury :/

DY_nasty

Wade would totally be the best SG in the NBA right now if he actually gave a fuck.

Miami could be one of the greatest teams put together if LBJ and Wade decided to give a consistent fuck. But "Fuck's Given"/FsG are becoming a quantitative entity these days...

DY_nasty

Is he sitting right next to you or something?

If you're building for the future, perhaps. But this season or the next? No way

This season, its a really, really close toss-up.

Next year? At the rate of Harden's improvement and Wade's skirt shrinkage? Harden easy.

DY_nasty

For this year? Hell no. Harden thrives as a third option but he doesn't make as many teams contenders as Wade would.

Harden does more for his team than Wade does.

Hell, Wade is probably the better player overall - but as someone else says, his fuck level has been dangerously low. And, imo, Harden would help Miami more than Wade would too*

*outside of Wade clutch factor

Triple U

Banned
Harden does more for his team than Wade does.

Yea but Wade has Lebron, while Harden has KD. Somebody has to do alot more than score for OKC considering their lack of a PG. But with one shot left in a game I doubt many people would pick Harden over Wade.

Is he sitting right next to you or something?

If you're building for the future, perhaps. But this season or the next? No way

Doesn't even have to be about building the future, he's freakin awesome this year. The guy is scary when he has the ball in his hand, he has so many ways to initiate an offense. His game reminds me so much of Ginobili, except Harden has the talent to be better than he was.

Emwitus

Harden truly is what gives Oklahoma the edge over most teams in the playoffs. I still feel that Miami is a lock to win this thing but Harden off the bench is amazing.

I honestly do not think they can get by the spurs in 7 games. Spurs is like the big 12 right now. And pop will run circles around brooks.

DY_nasty

I'm all too ready to meet any bet with a -respectable- LA-age member should SA and LA meet in the playoffs.
Yea but Wade has Lebron, while Harden has KD. Somebody has to do alot more than score for OKC considering their lack of a PG. But with one shot left in a game I doubt many people would pick Harden over Wade.

Wade is clutch as fuck.

But even most Miami fans can see that Harden does more off-ball than Wade ever has in his life. Or could hope to. He'd complement LBJ a hell of a lot better. Harden is playing better ball than Ginobli during those SAS title runs.

Triple U

Banned
I don't think some folks realize the significance of Harden coming off the bench.

I honestly doesn't think its that big. Miami for example plays Lebron( sometimes Bosh) with the second unit, which is usually when Harden comes in initially. Lebron/Bosh can feast on opponents second units just like Harden.

Put Wade on a shitty team and bet he'll make them squeek by into the playoffs. The problem with him now is that he has Lebron and Bosh which was a hell of a lot more help than Shaq was (also he was hungry as fuck for a ring). Harden is good but I doubt he'a "make your lottery team into a contender" good.

I honestly do not think they can get by the spurs in 7 games. Spurs is like the big 12 right now. And pop will run circles around brooks.

Not that I am a huge believer in the home court edge BUT at times it can be an assistant even just a mental edge. OKC will benefit from HCA through the playoffs. As good as the Spurs are playing, I still take the OKC in a 7 game series.

I'm all too ready to meet any bet with a -respectable- LA-age member should SA and LA meet in the playoffs.

Wade is clutch as fuck.

But even most Miami fans can see that Harden does more off-ball than Wade ever has in his life. Or could hope to. He'd complement LBJ a hell of a lot better. Harden is playing better ball than Ginobli during those SAS title runs.

Well you already know I'd take the Spurs and it's not like I have anything to bet now anyways :(

Emwitus

And the only way miami wins is if bosh quits being a sissy and demands the ball more. It's like after last year's finals he decided he doesn't care anymore as long as he gets paid.

DY_nasty

I honestly doesn't think its that big. Miami for example plays Lebron( sometimes Bosh) with the second unit, which is usually when Harden comes in initially. Lebron/Bosh can feast on opponents second units just like Harden.
Yeah... but Harden's minutes can easily tell you that he's not just spending time on the floor against bench mob scrubs. Him stepping into the game is what makes OKC the threat they are. With just KD and Westbrook, I'd never take them over SAS or even Memphis.

Hardon is gud but he's not a first option. Wade is lazy and old but he's still a first option.

OKC will painfully regret the day they gave YNB the max and not Hardon

Emwitus

Not that I am a huge believer in the home court edge BUT at times it can be an assistant even just a mental edge. OKC will benefit from HCA through the playoffs. As good as the Spurs are playing, I still take the OKC in a 7 game series.

Well you already know I'd take the Spurs and it's not like I have anything to bet now anyways :(

That's assuming they still have homecourt advantage at the end of the season but i see what you mean. The problem with OKC, as was exposed by the lakers is their inside the paint scoring is not very good. Obviously lakers have a better defensive presence but nonetheless. Spurs do not have the kind of scoring droughts the laker's are plagued by

Triple U

Banned

Wade is clutch as fuck.

Of course. LBJ/Wade are first options that are desperatley trying to parade as 2nd ones while Harden never will be one and is comfortable playing as a second fiddle. Its not a slate though if you think im tryin to diss em. Just how it is.

DY_nasty

Hardon is gud but he's not a first option. Wade is lazy and old but he's still a first option.

Harden's been lucky enough to develop on a good team from day one. I don't think you can really hold that against him though.

Nobody has said anything false on this page but like Cherry said is Harden going to lead a squad of scrubs to the playoffs? I doubt it

He has great game but I wouldn't call him "best SG" until he actually has to shoulder that kind of responsibility

Now if Durant or Westbrook went out and he lit it up night after night then we're talking

Triple U

Banned
Yeah... but Harden's minutes can easily tell you that he's not just spending time on the floor against bench mob scrubs. Him stepping into the game is what makes OKC the threat they are. With just KD and Westbrook, I'd never take them over SAS or even Memphis.

Yeah sure im not trying to say otherwise. Its just that him coming off the bench is not that big of an impact in comparison to him possibly starting.

DY_nasty

Nobody has said anything false on this page but like Cherry said is Harden going to lead a squad of scrubs to the playoffs? I doubt it

He has great game but I wouldn't call him "best SG" until he actually has to shoulder that kind of responsibility

Now if Durant or Westbrook went out and he lit it up night after night then we're talking

I can't disagree with that - but Ginobli never did that. Neither did Roy. That isn't a bad way to measure a guy, but when a guy's skill is that obvious its really hard to hold that against him.

Hey Bulls-GAF, what are you hearing about Rose playing Sunday? I know he's not going to come back against the Pistons tonight, but OKC is a big game.

Hey Bulls-GAF, what are you hearing about Rose playing Sunday? I know he's not going to come back against the Pistons tonight, but OKC is a big game.

This is just me but if the Bulls keep winning, I keep Rose out until 5-10 games before the playoffs. Now, obviously if the Bulls begin losing the edge on Miami than you bring him back as long as he is healthy but otherwise, whats the rush?

Emwitus

Bulls could rest rose all the way to the playoffs and still be the number one seed....Think about that for a moment. Kobe, where are you're basketball deities now? Huh? Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom