• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO @ people thinking Kobe would put up a stink over a Fisher trade that makes the team BETTER. It'd have been too political with Sessions backing up Fisher and they didn't want to embarrass him by benching him for a non-Allstar (Like would have happened if CP3 deal went through)

Kobe would have driven Fish to the airport himself if he had to for this trade to go through lol

Let's get this straight----YOU are not Kobe Bryant. now please STFU

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Clutchfans...

"Lowry might be out for the season, according to bill worrell"

:|

Doomsayer

Clutchfans...

"Lowry might be out for the season, according to bill worrell"

:|

derek_fisher.jpg

Dat players meeting boost.

Dat no Lowry, No KevMo boost.

If the Clips lose tonight there's no way VDN is still there by Friday. But then again they're probably making the playoffs, making a coaching change in a year where no one expects much from may throw a wrench in your playoff run.

Knicks had to do something and Dantoni resigned.

Jarlaxle

If every loss for the Clippers meant that Mo Williams would pucnh VDN in the face, then I hope they lose the rest of their games.

as crazy as it sounds, I don't mind how things went down. I was hoping to land Crawford over Beasley actually, because we could use a 2guard, but as much as Hill is a scrub, we needed big man depth BAD. He can join the other scrubs McBob and Troy while SF is okay with MWP, Barnes and hopefully Ebanks getting some burn. Ultimately I don't know that Beasley would have given us much in these last 20 games.

Fair enough. The FO did everything they could, so I'm satisfied either way.

On another note, how much better is Sessions? Well...

Last night Ramon Sessions finished with 7 pts, 4 reb, and 5 assists in his Lakers debut. Steve Blake and Derek Fisher have each reached a line of at least 7 pts, 4 reb, and 5 assists only once in the last two seasons. That would be once in 119 games for Blake and once in the last 135 games for Fisher.

Again, just needed average.

Again, just needed average.

People think Laker fans are exaggerating how bad we were @ PG.

I love Fish but he's not @ 37 what we need him to be. Ramon Sessions does nothing more than his averages and we are better.

FFS, the Rockets are buying him out, even though their PG is out!

Edgeward

Well, that boost went away faster that I thought. It must be some type of new record. The VDN factor is just too strong.

People think Laker fans are exaggerating how bad we were @ PG.

I love Fish but he's not @ 37 what we need him to be. Ramon Sessions does nothing more than his averages and we are better.

FFS, the Rockets are buying him out, even though their PG is out!

I'm having an argument with a friend on FB over Sessions. He is delusional about how shitty Fish was.

We traded in our running shoes for a used Civic and dude is upset that he's not a beamer. Fish has no place on a roster that only has 1 other PG at the moment. HE WAS STARTING FOR OUR TEAM AND PLAYING 20-30 minutes a night what the fuck!

I'm having an argument with a friend on FB over Sessions. He is delusional about how shitty Fish was.

We traded in our running shoes for a used Civic and dude is upset that he's not a beamer. Fish has no place on a roster that only has 1 other PG at the moment. HE WAS STARTING FOR OUR TEAM AND PLAYING 20-30 minutes a night what the fuck!

You think Fisher will pull a salty and sign with the Heat or sumshit next week?

I feel like it's 50/50.

Duki

Banned
how does a contract buyout work when the player has a player option for the next year?

do they need to pay him both the rest of this years salary and the entire 3.6m player option for next year?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Woj
Patty Mills is finalizing a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Y! Sports. Portland's renouncing of rights is in the works.

You think Fisher will pull a salty and sign with the Heat or sumshit next week?

I feel like it's 50/50.

First they'd have to want him. Chalmers and Cole are better options though they can be complete idiots at times. Someone may make a run at him for psychological reasons. Spurs or OKC or something. I hope he doesn't for his sake, I don't really fear seeing him on an opposing team for any reason outside of sentimental bs. I just prefer him retiring or getting a job in the FO or asst coach so he can maintain his Lakers-ness.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Terrence Williams got cut from Houston

Why isn't he signed yet? whywhywhywhywhy

On that possible Beasley deal, I'm thinking no one knows what the fuck happened. None of these rumors are legit.

Here's another take, which puts the deal ending before the sessions trade:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba2-what-happened-to-the-michael-beasley-trade

It was practically a done deal.

Frankly, the Lakers got a little greedy.

The deal was all but agreed to when the Lakers told the Timberwolves that they wanted to modify it a bit, send some salary cap baggage to Minnesota. They wanted to include Luke Walton and other “salary dump type pieces” to Minnesota, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Judging from other moves the Lakers made, it’s reasonable to guess that Jason Kapono might have been one of those pieces.

The Timberwolves weren’t willing to do that, even though they badly wanted Crawford in town, and that wound up killing the deal.

Every team involved would have been better off if the initial trade had gone down . . .but don’t blame the Timberwolves or Blazers for the deal falling apart. This one’s all on LA.

The Lakers are spinning a slightly different story, saying that they were attempting to send Derek Fisher to Minnesota, and that he was the piece that caused the Timberwolves to back out of the trade. Whichever pieces were added late in the talks, late addition cap baggage is absolutely what killed this trade.

That said, it wouldn't be out of character for Taylor to veto the deal.

First they'd have to want him. Chalmers and Cole are better options though they can be complete idiots at times. Someone may make a run at him for psychological reasons. Spurs or OKC or something. I hope he doesn't for his sake, I don't really fear seeing him on an opposing team for any reason outside of sentimental bs. I just prefer him retiring or getting a job in the FO or asst coach so he can maintain his Lakers-ness.

Till he's keying up the remix to "Tell me how my ass taste".

Till he's keying up the remix to "Tell me how my ass taste".

It's not like he has much left in the tank. He has left LA for money, but everyone is so high on Fish right now I really hope he doesn't make a salt motivated move to taint that.

I'd really like to see Fish hooked up with court side seats for the playoffs and then given a coaching spot if he so desires.

Puddles

Banned
So basically we don't have SuperCoolBeas because Buss is all about trying to shed salary.

Isn't the dude around 80? You'd think he'd be more concerned with legacy titles at this point.

this gif is begging for Bish on Haywood and a BANNED NBA-GAF meme.

That said, it wouldn't be out of character for Taylor to veto the deal.

Minnesota is lying. This is because Cleveland and Lakers have both admitted the Ramon Sessions deal was done Wednesday night. Mitch asked Cleveland to hold off on making it official because he wanted to find a deal with Beasley before finalizing it.

Sessions adds speed to the team. Just the fact that the ball will be across the court 4 seconds faster per play will help the offense, alone. You could see it last night.

wrong buss bro

jerry buss still has final say on all trades. Mitch said as much.

Clips broadcast crew have been noticeably less shit today. Looks like they needed to be knocked down a few pegs.

Edit:

-CP3 running by himself on the fastbreak-
Announcer "And here comes the lead!"
-Courtney Lee blocks CP's layup-

haaha.

Puddles

Banned
Sessions seems to be about twice as fast as Fisher. It's pretty amazing to not have the slowest guy on the court be your point guard.

Minnesota is lying. This is because Cleveland and Lakers have both admitted the Ramon Sessions deal was done Wednesday night. Mitch asked Cleveland to hold off on making it official because he wanted to find a deal with Beasley before finalizing it.
I don't doubt that Taylor vetoed it, but at the same time believing one side of a rumor over another is silly. Just look at all of the bullshit rumors that have been reported at the trade deadline and tell me why we should believe this one.

I don't doubt that Taylor vetoed it, but at the same time believing one side of a rumor over another is silly. Just look at all of the bullshit rumors that have been reported at the trade deadline and tell me why we should believe this one.

Because it makes sense.

The Lakers couldn't be offering Walton to Minnesota. Not only did no rumor exist, but Cleveland already agreed to that trade. heck, the Beasley trade went down to the last minutes, Walton trade was official an hour prior.

yeah but come on dont be dumb

theres no way hes interfering with jerry's decisions on any minor ass trade like this

Any trade that costs over $6 million this year alone isn't "minor." And yes, he approves all trades.

Because it makes sense.

The Lakers couldn't be offering Walton to Minnesota. Not only did no rumor exist, but Cleveland already agreed to that trade. heck, the Beasley trade went down to the last minutes, Walton trade was official an hour prior.
No I know that. I'm saying why should we believe that this part didn't go down beforehand? Why should we outright believe the Taylor veto side considering all of the shit rumors over the past few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom