• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reave

5117156725_b0408c44c2.jpg

pilonv1

So do the Hawks have enough cap room to get Dwight and CP3 next year?

Also is Marvin Williams going to be happy backing up G-Tyme?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...colas_Batum_who_is_interested_in_coming070212
According to a source with intimate knowledge of those discussions, Batum is the Wolves' Plan A in free agency -- and he told the Wolves he has legitimate interest in coming.

Financially, the Wolves know where Batum stands, so a verbal agreement in advance of July 11 -- the first day free agent contracts can be signed -- could come very soon. But as of Monday night, with Batum no longer in the Twin Cities, a verbal agreement had not been reached.

Comcast Portland is reporting Batum will meet with the Blazers on Thursday or Friday. The Wolves think there's a decent chance he'll express his desire to play in Minnesota.

The team source said there's a far better chance that Batum would come via a sign-and-trade, because outright landing a restricted free agent is too tough.

Nicolas Batum: quite interested in Glen Taylor's millions. Who knew.

DCX

DCX
Lets see...

Big Threes:

- Boston : Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
- Miami : Bosh, LeBron, Wade
- NYK: Melo, Stat, Chandler
- BKN: DWill, JJ, Lopez
- OKC: Durant, YKB, Harden
- POR: LMA, Mathews, Diebler

Rank them

DCX

23:6 KJV

Banned
Lets see...

Big Threes:

- Boston : Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
- Miami : Bosh, LeBron, Wade
- NYK: Melo, Stat, Chandler
- BKN: DWill, JJ, Lopez
- OKC: Durant, YKB, Harden
- POR: LMA, Mathews, Diebler

Rank them

DCX

Awfully generous to call some of those "Big Threes"...

tmdorsey

I'm in a wait and see mode about trading Joe. How good a trade it is is all dependent upon if we are still a playoff team without him and what free agents we can pick up next offseason.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm in a wait and see mode about trading Joe. How good a trade it is is all dependent upon if we are still a playoff team without him and what free agents we can pick up next offseason.
You should be fucking ecstatic.

Joe is easily one of the 2 or 3 most overpaid guys in the league and his contract was utterly strangling the Hawks' desire to improve.

Atlanta should throw Ferry a parade just for getting rid of Joe and Marvin.

DCX

DCX

You guys are making a run at losing out on Howard and CP3.

DCX

Barrage

Ferry says "Fuck Amnesty, I'll trade my problems." And I respect that.

If I'm Hennigan, I get on the phone with Atlanta and start talking about grabbing Horford and/or Teague for Dwight.

I've seriously sat here all day just refreshing like every sports site that i look at to get updates... I'm ready for this shit to be fuckin over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom