• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmdorsey

You should be fucking ecstatic.

Joe is easily one of the 2 or 3 most overpaid guys in the league and his contract was utterly strangling the Hawks' desire to improve.

Atlanta should throw Ferry a parade just for getting rid of Joe and Marvin.

I agree. Those 2 seemed like immovable objects for the longest. I just don't want to go back to the days of 20-30 win seasons.

You guys are making a run at losing out on Howard and CP3.

That's what I'm afraid of, losing out on them, Josh hitting the road and then we are up shit creek with an ass full of ore.

Mxrz

Not sure what to think if Dwight ends up staying after all this. Winning fixes a lot, and having him plus all that space in 2013 would be something, but good grief.

Might have to go to a Hawks game out of some sort of weird respect for moving Joe.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not sure what to think if Dwight ends up staying after all this. Winning fixes a lot, and having him plus all that space in 2013 would be something, but good grief.

waffling all around!

Lets see...

Big Threes:

- Boston : Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
- Miami : Bosh, LeBron, Wade
- NYK: Melo, Stat, Chandler
- BKN: DWill, JJ, Lopez
- OKC: Durant, YKB, Harden
- POR: LMA, Mathews, Diebler

Rank them

DCX

Wait, what about Love, Rubio, Williams?

pilonv1

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Subtract another $1.5M RT @NetsDaily Hearing Farmar will be bought out for $1.5M as soon as deal is done. He preferred buyout to opt-out.

What an amazing deal.

KingGondo

Banned
Jerry Colangelo said:
LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Deron Williams are assured of being on the team in London along with 2010 World Championship holdovers Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love and Tyson Chandler.

That leaves six guys for three spots:

Blake Griffin, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, James Harden, Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis.
BC said Davis is still under consideration in spite of the sprained ankle.

Griffin, Gordon, and Davis are my predictions. Size, plus experience from the FIBA tournament in Gordon. I'm not gonna lie and say I don't want Harden to make it though.

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/07/...landing_heat.html?blockID=755424&feedID=10140

Bowser

That leaves six guys for three spots:

BC said Davis is still under consideration in spite of the sprained ankle.

Griffin, Gordon, and Davis are my predictions. Size, plus experience from the FIBA tournament in Gordon. I'm not gonna lie and say I don't want Harden to make it though.

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/07/...landing_heat.html?blockID=755424&feedID=10140

Doesn't really matter if Davis is still under consideration if the Hornets forbid him from joining, which I fully expect them to do.

Btw:

Per K.C. Johnson: Bulls assistant Rick Brunson joining Mike Dunlap on #Bobcats coaching staff.

cashman

Banned
How does a dirk, D will, Roddy B stack up with the rest of the league?

edit: also lulz

Taylor Henri ‏@taylor_henri

“ESPNNews: “Private airline service posts ticket stub of one way flight to Dallas purchased by Deron Williams for 9:20 tonight.”

Jonm1010

Banned
Doesn't really matter if Davis is still under consideration if the Hornets forbid him from joining, which I fully expect them to do.

Btw:

Eh considering it's looking like its only a minor sprain I don't think they are going to forbid him from anything.

SamuraiX-

Sactown Royalty ‏@sactownroyalty
Kings Talking to Ryan Anderson? http://t.co/fmZkzlSK
Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Sources confirm RFA Ryan Anderson visited the Kings today.
Anderson had lunch with team officials and visited team's practice facility. Local product from Oak Ridge High School, attended Cal, too.
Kings' interest in Ryan Anderson makes sense. Team needs a player who can spread the floor and Anderson would be ...http://t.co/7gTWguqx

21j6usx.gif

WE DO NOT NEED A FUCKING STRETCH 4, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK ARE YOU DOING PETRIE!?!?

I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU OVERPAY THIS MOTHERFU-

Spoke with Petrie about Ryan Anderson: "He was primarily a (PF) in Orlando but he can play some other spots on the perimeter."
Kings Make Formal Offer To Jason Thompson, Think Ryan Anderson Can Play Small Forward http://t.co/Iyx8qBdj

ipjYVlsl8QHZy.gif

SamuraiX-

I think I'll just spiritually bandwagon the Hawks this season.

FERRYDAGODZ will show me the light.

But seriously, a huge congrats to Hawks age. Ferry is absolutely demolishing the league. And holy fuck if he can entice Howard to go there and pair up with Al Horford (moving him to his natural position).

Kicking off this rebuild took him all of like 8 days since he's been in that Hawks front office. I just can't help but be marveled
and fiendishly jealous and bitter. :(

Why are the kings trying to sign a PF when they need an actual SF?! Are they thinking of playing another guy out of their natural position? WTF!

HE CAN PLAY THE 3!

REMEMBER ALL THOSE TIMES IN HIS CAREER WHEN HE WAS SUCCESSFUL WHEN THEY PLAYED HIM AT 3??

ME NEITHER!!

fml

pilonv1

HE CAN PLAY THE 3!

REMEMBER ALL THOSE TIMES IN HIS CAREER WHEN HE WAS SUCCESSFUL WHEN THEY PLAYED HIM AT 3??

ME NEITHER!!

fml

If they wanted a 6'10" chucker who takes threes they already had Donte Green. Not sure what Ryno achieves after drafting Robinson.

SamuraiX-

There's a case to be made for Ryan Anderson to the Kings, and it doesn't involve converting him into a SF. Tomorrow on @sactownroyalty.

Oh, joy.

This is why this shit keeps happening. Because these dumb ass fucking fans just keeping eating up and supporting every horrible move made by our FO.

Shit, they're probably content that we're just making moves at all despite Petrie's horrible track record in free agency periods.

23:6 KJV

Banned
How did these same Maloofs preside over the early 2000s Kings.

They took the most fun NBA team of the past decade and were like, let's develop the exact opposite team from what we had.

Oh, joy.

This is why this shit keeps happening. Because these dumb ass fucking fans just keeping eating up and supporting every horrible move made by our FO.

Shit, they're probably content that we're just making moves at all despite Petrie's horrible track record in free agency periods.

I just wish they'd just offer a ton of money to Kirilenko and then we'd have an actual small forward. Kings front office lack funds but they also lack common sense. They play players out of their natural positions and then sign free agents to do the exact same thing!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow a team actually appreciates Ryan Anderson's talents, you Kings fans will be singing a different tune once he plays for you guys.

Jonm1010

Banned
Organizations like the kings, rockets and the Nets make me realize that maybe our team isn't going to win much for the next couple years, at least we aren't being run by a bunch of fucking idiots who are doing everything in their power to strangle their franchises in the future.

pilonv1

I wonder if their plan involves starting Anderson and Cousins with Robinson off the bench. Not a terrible idea, but they're paying stupid money to Chuck Hayes and Travis Outlaw, and they want to re-sign Jason Thompson.

Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom