• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really pinning the Blazers sucking ass on Crawford? And in what dimension did ATL get much better? They got booted out of the first round with him gone. The way you all rewrite history is comical.

They had a higher winning percentage despite missing Horford for the entire season. He's terrible, one of the worst players in the NBA.

They had a higher winning percentage despite missing Horford for the entire season. He's terrible, one of the worst players in the NBA.

Higher win percentage in a east that got worst and booted out of the first round. I don't see a better team at all. As many times as crawford saved there asses please.

Crawford is decent in a decent system.

Pkaz01

You haven't missed anything yet. Babby, Blanks, and Gentry met him for 2 hours in LA and now he's coming here to Phoenix on Wed. I just have a really strong feeling that we'll end up signing him.

I wonder what they are trying to entice these players with my guess is the money and the medical staff. Pretty much all thats left at this point. nash is a goner.

giri

Are you really pinning the Blazers sucking ass on Crawford? And in what dimension did ATL get much better? They got booted out of the first round with him gone. The way you all rewrite history is comical.

Crawford was one of the main instigators in the whole locker room upheaval in Portland. He continuously whined about not getting enough shots and minutes despite playing abysmally, and then took it up a notch (the complaints that is, not his play) when he was asked to come off the bench. And made an ultimatum of "me or the coach".

So he wasn't the SOLE reason, but he was a large part of it.

So what about that screams sign me up! to you?

I wonder what they are trying to entice these players with my guess is the money and the medical staff. Pretty much all thats left at this point. nash is a goner.

For someone like gordon who hasn't finished an entire season yet, the medical team really could be enticing. But he's a RFA. all the hornets have to do is match and we can't do shit.

Higher win percentage in a east that got worst and booted out of the first round. I don't see a better team at all. As many times as crawford saved there asses please.

Crawford is decent in a decent system.

They were booted out of the first round because all of their players other than Iso were injured. Crawful ignores good options on offense to take horrible jumpers (that he now misses 62% of the time) on every possession and is one of the worst defenders in the NBA, there aren't positives for him.

Crawford gasped when he was told to play defense in Portland. He's an inefficient chucker who has played for 6 different teams.

LOL @ decent system. Crawford doesn't play within a system. He's a selfish ball stopping chucker.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
you sure seemed offended when people told you it last year

I expected him to come off the bench and play like he did for Atlanta the last couple of seasons. He obviously did nothing of the sort.

For someone like gordon who hasn't finished an entire season yet, the medical team really could be enticing. But he's a RFA. all the hornets have to do is match and we can't do shit.

Gordon said if he was older, he'd care about going to a contender but in his youth, he's happy to take part in trying to help a team. As for NO matching, it's speculated that if we front loaded the contract, NO wouldn't match.

giri

Gordon said if he was older, he'd care about going to a contender but in his youth, he's happy to take part in trying to help a team. As for NO matching, it's speculated that if we front loaded the contract, NO wouldn't match.

When offering the Max, you can't front load it. It's the max, with the 4% increase every year i believe.

Please don't take this as me not wanting EG.

I do

I really do.

Hell, i'd even give him a year off so he can rehab and get him self perfectly healthy to play next to shabazz in 2013/14!

Crawford was one of the main instigators in the whole locker room upheaval in Portland. He continuously whined about not getting enough shots and minutes despite playing abysmally, and then took it up a notch (the complaints that is, not his play) when he was asked to come off the bench. And made an ultimatum of "me or the coach".

So he wasn't the SOLE reason, but he was a large part of it.

So what about that screams sign me up! to you?

Crawford sucked and was a locker room killer.

Portland had a shitty situation. It doesn't matter who the first to rebel was, there were a few players unhappy. You can't blame crawford for that. Anyways bottom line is that Crawford coming of the bench for LA is a great move.

The M.O.B

lktpL.png

New York, u so dumb.

diehard

Fleer
Portland had a shitty situation. It doesn't matter who the first to rebel was, there were a few players unhappy. You can't blame crawford for that. Anyways bottom line is that Crawford coming of the bench for LA is a great move.

going from Mo Williams to Crawford isn't really a great move

reilo

You can't blame Crawford for that? What the fuck, yes I can.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If anything I think he's doing the right thing. Better to let him walk than take back shitty Nets assets.

Vecsey is as dumb as Howard, not shocked by his little rant.

When offering the Max, you can't front load it. It's the max, with the 4% increase every year i believe.

Please don't take this as me not wanting EG.

I do

I really do.

Hell, i'd even give him a year off so he can rehab and get him self perfectly healthy to play next to shabazz in 2013/14!

Oh I agree, as I said before I believe this is just a smokescreen for Suns fans saying look! we'll go after any play with big money! without any intention of signing him. I'm just saying that's one way to wrest him from NO since no one wants to front load that kind of contract. I'd love to have him as a building piece myself and love your idea of resting him the first year hehe Oh dreams.

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm not sure they can do that but I'm also not sure why we wouldn't match if that were the case?

We only have like 28 million toward the salary cap right now and like nothing next year.

going from Mo Williams to Crawford isn't really a great move
Its definitely a upgrade.
You can't blame Crawford for that? What the fuck, yes I can.

Uhhhh, why can't you?

Because the other players were obviously pissed off at the CS? What now you want to blame crawford for making them mad at him? What the fuck do you think players will do when they are mad at their coach?

You are tring to blame Crawford for whatever reason when its really the coach who lost his players and his locker room.

giri

Its definitely a upgrade.

Because the other players were obviously pissed off at the CS? What now you want to blame crawford for making them mad at him? What the fuck do you think players will do when they are mad at their coach?

You are tring to blame Crawford for whatever reason when its really the coach who lost his players and his locker room.

So now we can't hold players accountable for their own direct actions? is that it ?

Just because it was a negative action?

Literally the dumbest statement I've read in this thread.

So now we can't hold players accountable for their own direct actions? is that it ?

Thats not what I've said at all. It probably is the dumbest shit you've ever heard because it came from your head. You refuse to hold the coach responsible when he takes the majority of the blame.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Dwight wasn't being a bitch. It was all Stans fault. All of it.

Everything is cool now that Stan is gone. Problems solved!

Vyer

"The Houston Rockets are pessimistic about their chances of re-signing point guard Goran Dragic with the sides far apart in negotiations, according to sources close to the process.

The Rockets met with Dragic on Monday in Houston and were hopeful of reaching terms quickly with the Slovenian, who averaged 16.3 points and 7.3 assists in 32 games after the All-Star break following an injury to Kyle Lowry.

But Dragic left town without a deal, sources said, leading one source close to the process to say that the lefty's expected return to the Rockets is "not going to happen." Dragic is scheduled Tuesday to visit the Phoenix Suns, who dealt him to the Rockets at the 2011 trade deadline.

Dragic is said to be seeking an annual salary of at least $10 million and, according to sources familiar with his thinking, expects to be installed as the starter wherever he lands. "

Lowry....with a coach he hates, fun times! WTF you got to want so much Goran :( Fuckkkkk... oh well lets overpay for Asik, he's the future of the team.

:((((((((

I feel like in a couple years we will look back and realize he would have been worth it, but I could be wrong.

Mxrz

If the team goes full tank. I wonder what happens with Redick. Seems to actually want to stay, but probably deserves to be on a playoff team. He's like 6 million?

Same deal as Asik I believe. Unless they renounce Greene and Thompson to give him the max.

Anderson isn't early bird, he's full bird. Not the same as Asik, right?

Also, let the clippers have Crawford. Dude sucks. He's a chucker that does little else. He's always sucked. He's been on what, 1 decent team and it's had a lot of talent around him (Atlanta).

If you're going to offer Steve Nash 2/12 and you have his birds rights, you might as well not make an offer. That is insulting.

giri

Thats not what I've said at all. It probably is the dumbest shit you've ever heard because it came from your head. You refuse to hold the coach responsible when he takes the majority of the blame.

You're literally saying, you can't hold the player responsible for HIS actions.

You can try and come up with reasons (other than those stated by players from his own team that listed his complaints) for why the guy did what he did.

But that doesn't alter WHAT he did.

So yes he Can and damn well SHOULD have those held against him.

Anderson isn't early bird, he's full bird. Not the same as Asik, right?

Also, let the clippers have Crawford. Dude sucks. He's a chucker that does little else. He's always sucked. He's been on what, 1 decent team and it's had a lot of talent around him (Atlanta).

Yeah the lakers don't really need two guards who just chuck and don't do anything else.

Yeah the lakers don't really need two guards who just chuck and don't do anything else.

Are you trying to argue Kobe doesn't do anything else, considering his assist and rebound numbers for a shooting guard?

bh6Kn.png

Jamal has had 1 good season. In his entire career.

Oh, that's right, that's only for early birds, so it'd just be four years at MLE.

I believe he can get the max, no?

Yeah, but the Kings would have to renounce Thompson and Greene for that.

ah, you're just talking about the Kings. thought you meant in general.

Speaking of which, why do the Kings want him when they just drafted Robinson? Cousins and him is the frontline. I get that Anderson would start now, but seems like a waste. Just throw him into the fire and use Hayes.

Also, how are the Kings at the cap???

(that is rhetorical)

You're literally saying, you can't hold the player responsible for HIS actions.

You can try and come up with reasons (other than those stated by players from his own team that listed his complaints) for why the guy did what he did.

But that doesn't alter WHAT he did.

So yes he Can and damn well SHOULD have those held against him.

I'm not saying that at all, you are literally making shit up to support this weak ass argument that crawford is to blame for the trailblazers internal problems. Just because the shit finally boiled out of the pot doesn't mean it was crawfords fault. Crawford was always getting props for his professionalism and when he got to that shit-hole in oregon he suddenly is a locker-room problem? Please. He got fed up and didn't want to take the bs anymore. No one did.

Also, Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge said that he felt McMillan didn't put enough blame on himself for the the team's poor play.
-----------------------------
"Sometimes (as a coach), if you take the blame for it, it makes the team feel like you are with them," said Aldridge, a co-captain. "But if you are always 'This is y'all, this is y'all, this is y'all' -- and I love Nate -- but I think that was one of the things that made guys stop listening."

This is the leader of the team calling nate on his shit, but I guess thats crawfords fault eh?

Are you trying to argue Kobe doesn't do anything else, considering his assist and rebound numbers for a shooting guard?

bh6Kn.g

Jamal has had 1 good season. In his entire career.
His eFG and TS numbers are pretty good for a chucker.

He's a bench player. His numbers aren't phenomenal but as a scoring option of the bench he's great. Especially in today's NBA where most teams are lacking off the bench.

reilo

I'm not saying that at all, you are literally making shit up to support this weak ass argument that crawford is to blame for the trailblazers internal problems. Just because the shit finally boiled out of the pot doesn't mean it was crawfords fault. Crawford was always getting props for his professionalism and when he got to that shit-hole in oregon he suddenly is a locker-room problem? Please. He got fed up and didn't want to take the bs anymore. No one did.

This is the leader of the team calling nate on his shit, but I guess thats crawfords fault eh?

Why don't you post the other (more telling) parts of the article?

McMillan and Crawford had several conversations, and according to McMillan, none of them centered around the Blazers and the desire to win. Crawford instead wondered about himself: How much would he play, how many shots, what style of play? When McMillan told him he would have to play defense, Crawford blanched.
Meanwhile, Crawford spent much of the season stumping in front of microphones that the team would right its course, and that he was willing to do whatever the team needed. But away from the spotlight, Crawford brooded, complaining that he didn't want to play point guard and saying that he didn't know whether to be a scorer or a distributor. By the end of the season, Crawford would be more prolific on Twitter than he was with his shot, and his slumped shoulders and expressionless face made him look more consumed with his own deteriorating game than the plight of the team. He vehemently disputed the claim of self-centeredness, saying he should be allowed to be upset at himself for poor play.

Or from this article?

"And to me, (Felton) was like, 'I'm with you.' So the stuff you are saying I should have done, I did. But they are like, 'Oh yeah, oh yeah,' then it was like you say: They go in their little corner and they are like, 'Yeah, whatever.' I don't know what they are saying, but they are probably saying that they told me this, but they are going to do something else. I even challenged 'Mal (Crawford). I was like, 'I know you aren't playing (shooting guard), but just play basketball. You love basketball; just play.'"

SamuraiX-

ah, you're just talking about the Kings. thought you meant in general.

Speaking of which, why do the Kings want him when they just drafted Robinson? Cousins and him is the frontline. I get that Anderson would start now, but seems like a waste. Just throw him into the fire and use Hayes.

Also, how are the Kings at the cap???

(that is rhetorical)

They would probably try to start Ryno @ the 3. Because that'll totally work.

I just hope we can get JT back and resign Terrence Williams and drop this Ryan Anderson bull shit.

Oh, and for everyone who doesn't know: Kings are done with Donte Greene. No QO, just let him walk. So he's up for grabs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Really have no idea why Kings fans would rather have JT back instead of getting Ryno.

The Kings were the worst 3 point shooting NBA team last season. They have absolute nobodies. Getting Ryno would actually free up some room for Cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom