• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Really have no idea why Kings fans would rather have JT back instead of getting Ryno.

The Kings were the worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA last season. They have absolutely nobodies. Getting Ryno would actually free up some room for Cousins.

I wouldn't want Anderson.. not as a starter

His eFG and TS numbers are pretty good for a chucker.

He's a bench player. His numbers aren't phenomenal but as a scoring option of the bench he's great. Especially in today's NBA where most teams are lacking off the bench.

If by "pretty good" you mean well below league average, sure.

Add in the shit defense, nothing else positive, etc, I'd say no one really wants him on their team. He's had a single good year in all these years. He's Monta Ellis lite.

SamuraiX-

Really have no idea why Kings fans would rather have JT back instead of getting Ryno.

The Kings were the worst 3 point shooting NBA team last season. They have absolutely nobodies. Getting Ryno would actually free up some room for Cousins.

JT's a better rebounder isn't afraid to get close to the basket.

And I'd rather not improve our 3-point shooting at the expense of our defense.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JT's a better rebounder isn't afraid to get close to the basket.

And I'd rather not improve our 3-point shooting at the expense of our defense.

Except he really isn't a better rebounder. Ryno put up pretty much the same numbers even while he was playing next to the best rebounder in the entire league.

Not really even knocking JT, it's just that Ryno is absolutely a better fit for that team given their weaknesses.

Blackace

Except he really isn't a better rebounder. Ryno put up pretty much the same numbers even while he was playing next to the best rebounder in the entire league.

Not really even knocking JT, it's just that Ryno is absolutely a better fit for that team given their weaknesses.

Ryan gets killed as a PF or SF on D...and that was on a team with D12..

Why don't you post the other (more telling) parts of the article?

Or from this article?

and according to McMillan

Oh wow, that is shocking news McMillan said something to take the blame off himself.

You want more telling?

Throughout the close losses, the players felt like McMillan never had their back, never absorbed blame, instead choosing to point out that the plays were there to be made, but the players weren't making them.

Yet 23 days later, Felton directly blamed McMillan for his poor play, telling CSNNW.com "It's hard to perform the way you know how when you know they don't have confidence in you. Never in my days playing basketball have I felt like a coach wasn't confident in my abilities. It's hard to play knowing that. Coming in and out of games is throwing my rhythm off ..."

And the FO obviously thought that Nate was a problem so they let him go. Again, blaming the shit on Crawford is just bitch-made. NATE loss the players.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ryan gets killed as a PF or SF on D

Then he'll fit right in with everybody else on the Kings.

He'll be a huge asset to their outside shooting and their rebounding especially for offensive boards. The reasons they're interested are quite apparent and make tons of sense. Yeah he has some limitations but he's also got a pretty unique skill set. I am not advocating the Kings should pay him like a franchise savior type of guy, all I'm saying is he would be a big addition to their team.

If by "pretty good" you mean well below league average, sure.

Add in the shit defense, nothing else positive, etc, I'd say no one really wants him on their team. He's had a single good year in all these years. He's Monta Ellis lite.

He's a good scorer and makes the team's bench stronger.

Blackace

Then he'll fit right in with everybody else on the Kings.

He'll be a huge asset to their outside shooting and their rebounding especially for offensive boards. The reasons they're interested are quite apparent and make tons of sense. Yeah he has some limitations but he's also got a pretty unique skill set. I am not advocating the Kings should pay him like a franchise savior type of guy, all I'm saying is he would be a big addition to their team.

DMC won't see as many double teams meaning less easy offensive rebounds for him..
and I think outside shooting should come from the 3 or 2 not the 4..

giri

I'm not saying that at all, you are literally making shit up to support this weak ass argument that crawford is to blame for the trailblazers internal problems. Just because the shit finally boiled out of the pot doesn't mean it was crawfords fault. Crawford was always getting props for his professionalism and when he got to that shit-hole in oregon he suddenly is a locker-room problem? Please. He got fed up and didn't want to take the bs anymore. No one did.

I'm not making shit up, you are. And i'm not putting words in your mouth, they're words you said. I"m just calling them what they are.

But please, try and argue something you have been quoted as directly saying.

You can just admit you're wrong and it all goes away.

Here's "the facts" of the "complete professional" crawford

Signs on knowing that his minutes will be behind Wes Matthews
Shoots below .400 every month except one.
Turns the ball over, a lot.
Stops worrying about the team, starts worrying about his $tat$
Stops worrying about how bad his stats actually are, and looking at himself for improvement, starts blaming the coach.
Is one of the main instigators in a locker room uprising (IN HIS FIRST YEAR ON THE TEAM) and delivers ultimatum, he goes or the coach goes.
Is untradable. No team wants him.
Gets coach fired
Play doesn't improve after the coach is fired, amazingly.
Still hasn't played any defense in the 2012 calendar year.

His year ending stats reading .38 from the field, .308 from 3.

Again. Which part of that story isn't true? Which part of that story should he not be held accountable for, for his own actions?

Or was all of that Nates fault?

try again.

giri

Oh wow, that is shocking news McMillan said something to take the blame off himself.

You want more telling?

And the FO obviously thought that Nate was a problem so they let him go. Again, blaming the shit on Crawford is just bitch-made. NATE loss the players.

Did you WATCH the blazers? at all? Nate was doing what a coach is MEANT TO DO. He called "Senior" players out on playing poorly. These aren't god damn rookies that need to be nursed. Felton and crawford both played abysmally. Felton turned up overweight and out of shape and NEVER recovered. And being out of shape meant felton couldn't do the one thing he's actually good at, play defense at the PG spot.

aznpxdd

Did you WATCH the blazers? at all? Nate was doing what a coach is MEANT TO DO. He called "Senior" players out on playing poorly. These aren't god damn rookies that need to be nursed. Felton and crawford both played abysmally. Felton turned up overweight and out of shape and NEVER recovered. And being out of shape meant felton couldn't do the one thing he's actually good at, play defense at the PG spot.

Come on, he barely watches the Heat.

Blackace

I hope Mac 10 gets work soon..

I'm not making shit up, you are. And i'm not putting words in your mouth, they're words you said. I"m just calling them what they are.

But please, try and argue something you have been quoted as directly saying.

You can just admit you're wrong and it all goes away.

Where did I say it then? You surely would have quoted me literally saying what you say I said if I really said it. The fact that you haven't yet lets me know you are trying your best to spin words to make your weak ass point stick.

You can just admit that you are full of shit and this all goes away
Giri said:
Here's "the facts" of the "complete professional" crawford

Signs on knowing that his minutes will be behind Wes Matthews
Shoots below .400 every month except one.
Turns the ball over, a lot.
Stops worrying about the team, starts worrying about his $tat$
Stops worrying about how bad his stats actually are, and looking at himself for improvement, starts blaming the coach.
Is one of the main instigators in a locker room uprising (IN HIS FIRST YEAR ON THE TEAM) and delivers ultimatum, he goes or the coach goes.
Is untradable. No team wants him.
Gets coach fired
Play doesn't improve after the coach is fired, amazingly.
Still hasn't played any defense in the 2012 calendar year
You don't know what the word fact means do you?

He had a poor year last year, what does that have to do with the fact that the majority of the players hated Nate and quit on him on their own accord ?

Again, I posted proof of the players hating Nate and you post a list of "facts" that have nothing to do with the conversation, mostly because the accusations you are making are shallow as a puddle and you can't support your piss poor argument.

Do I need to post more quotes of the player voicing out at Nate, so you can READ what was going on behind the cameras? Or will you just admit that the players got tired of his bullshit and wanted him out, which had nothing to do with Crawford? I really don't see how you think you know everything going on when all you do is watch games. Jamal wasn't a big part of it at all he was just the first to blow, Nate was the problem which is why he is jobless right now. He helped get them back relevant so he gets credit there , but he fucked up.

linsivvi

Crawford is 32 and played 12 seasons. It doesn't matter if he was semi-non-terrible at one point of his career, he's not going to get any better.

Broussard lulz I know, but whatever
Chris Broussard said:
Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Briik Lopez, Kris Humphies, Marshon Brooks...(con't) and the Nets' first-round picks in 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018....move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson

Mxrz

Those 1st rounders might as well be 2nd rounders at that point. Seems horrible to me too. Rather wait and see what the Clips, Rockets, Mavs, etc. can pull together. Not like the Magic need to rush anything.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah anytime you can get a bunch of decent players and 3 first rounders, you'd rather take nothing for the sake of internet emphasis.

Those first rounders are jack shit.

And a bunch of garbage role players. Magic would be way, way, way, better off trading Dwight for Bynum straight up then that garbage package. I'm sure there are a fair amount of other deals on the table too.

Those 1st rounders might as well be 2nd rounders at that point. Seems horrible to me too. Rather wait and see what the Clips, Rockets, Mavs, etc. can pull together. Not like the Magic need to rush anything.

You do know those teams are gonna move on right? Multiple draft picks are way better than nothing especially considering Magic will be in the lottery before long. Don't let gaf convince you otherwise. This team doesn't have a real shot at getting enough players to contend solely off a Dwight trade, its way better to get rid of contracts and try to rebuild. Your gm should throw one of your bad contracts in a trade.

giri

Where did I say it then? You surely would have quoted me literally saying what you say I said if I really said it. The fact that you haven't yet lets me know you are trying your best to spin words to make your weak ass point stick.

You can just admit that you are full of shit and this all goes away

You don't know what the word fact means do you?

He had a poor year last year, what does that have to do with the fact that the majority of the players hated Nate and quit on him on their own accord ?

Again, I posted proof of the players hating Nate and you post a list of "facts" that have nothing to do with the conversation, mostly because the accusations you are making are shallow as a puddle and you can't support your piss poor argument.

Do I need to post more quotes of the player voicing out at Nate, so you can READ what was going on behind the cameras? Or will you just admit that the players got tired of his bullshit and wanted him out, which had nothing to do with Crawford? I really don't see how you think you know everything going on when all you do is watch games. Jamal wasn't a big part of it at all he was just the first to blow, Nate was the problem which is why he is jobless right now. He helped get them back relevant so he gets credit there , but he fucked up.

you live in an alternate reality.

Mxrz

Except the Nets can't take anything else back cause, hey, Joe Johnson.

This does nothing to help the Magic rebuild. Roleplayers? Yeeeah. Late 1st rounders every other year? Yeehaw. Let Billy King and the Nets enjoy Joe Johnson this summer. Cause the only chance they have of getting Dwight now is if the Magic are somehow feeling generous, or if Dwight is suddenly okay making 5 mil a year just to play with Deron. The whole "GOTTA DO IT NOW" stuff is silly beyond belief.

The weirdest bit is the Nets didn't have to rush and grab that horrible contract either. Whatever leverage they had should've died with that.

you live in an alternate reality.
Yeah ok cool. Thought so.
Except the Nets can't take anything else back cause, hey, Joe Johnson.

This does nothing to help the Magic rebuild. Roleplayers? Yeeeah. Late 1st rounders every other year? Yeehaw. Let Billy King and the Nets enjoy Joe Johnson this summer. Cause the only chance they have of getting Dwight now is if the Magic are somehow feeling generous, or if Dwight is suddenly okay making 5 mil a year just to play with Deron. The whole "GOTTA DO IT NOW" stuff is silly beyond belief.

Its not like you can throw some of your dead weight onto them. Naw letting him walk and getting nothin is so much better. Gotta have that pride.

Mxrz

Yet letting him walk and getting nothin is so much better. Gotta have that pride.

When its nothing vs seemingly bad contracts for injury-prone players. Sure. The Nets still have to match on Lopez, and there's no telling how much he'll get after the Asik stuff.

And we already see Dwight backtracking on the Mavs. Is there any doubt he wouldn't resign with the Lakers after playing with them?

Blackace

Naw he is kinda right... Mac 10 should have had more input in the roster.. I am pretty sure he didn't fully have control of the roster moves..

If one coach today should have been the next Jerry Sloan it should have been Mac 10

Brinbe

Those first rounders are jack shit.

And a bunch of garbage role players. Magic would be way, way, way, better off trading Dwight for Bynum straight up then that garbage package. I'm sure there are a fair amount of other deals on the table too.

Easily. Just because the Nets are offering doesn't mean Hennigan is listening. He has zero incentive to placate Dwight by taking that shit or creating another "superteam" in his conference.

Like you said, just wait on the Lakers cracking with Bynum, and at worst, there'll be better offers out there.

Naw he is kinda right... Mac 10 should have had more input in the roster.. I am pretty sure he didn't fully have control of the roster moves..

If one coach today should have been the next Jerry Sloan it should have been Mac 10

Maybe he should've had more control? IDK, but you gotta coach what you have. I still don't see how you can pin the players getting pissed off at him on crawford. Players get made at coaches all the time, if its most of the locker room then the Coach is most likely the problem.

Easily. Just because the Nets are offering doesn't mean Hennigan is listening. He has zero incentive to placate Dwight by taking that shit or creating another "superteam" in his conference.

Like you said, just wait on the Lakers cracking with Bynum, and at worst, there'll be better offers out there.

Ok,

I don't understand, why do magic fans want bynum? What is he gonna do besides keep you one spot above the lottery?

Laker fans are probably eating this shit up.

h3ro

From Chris Mannix of SI:
In a potential deal with Orlando, source says Nets would be willing to take back Hedo Turkoglu
Those asking how Nets can afford this: Can exceed the cap to re-sign Lopez and Humphries (Bird rights) and then flip them for Dwight/Hedo

Brinbe

Maybe he should've had more control? IDK, but you gotta coach what you have. I still don't see how you can pin the players getting pissed off at him on crawford. Players get made at coaches all the time, if its most of the locker room then the Coach is most likely the problem.

Ok,

I don't understand, why do magic fans want bynum? What is he gonna do besides keep you one spot above the lottery?

Laker fans are probably eating this shit up.

Not a Magic fan, but it's all about quality/quantity in this league, and if you're trading a star, you should try your damn hardest to get one in return. The Nets aren't offering anything special with that package and Bynum (if he's eventually made available) is clearly a fine replacement for Howard.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You know what fuck it.

Enjoy your Bynum first option future, I don't give a shit.

Dude you said Orlando needs to get Hedo off the books. But there isn't anything to actually get off the books. He has no contract after this season.

If Orlando actually wanted to shed bad contracts they'd be looking to dump Jason Richardson. Not Hedo.

giri

Not of the sane world. Really.

Blackace

Most the lockerroom? The gunner, the fat PG and the frustrated PF?

Not being able to bench players is a problem in the NBA... GMs drop money and expect them played or they look foolish.. With the FO having a revolving door and injuries by the ton. I don't know how much blame he should have gotten...

giri

This is so freaking irrelevant, Hedo's contract is not guaranteed after this season. There is nothing to get off the books.

Yah, getting rid of hedo last year, would have been nice. But this year? it's an expiring, it should get you something in and of it self.

pilonv1

Still wouldn't do that trade for the Magic, unless Lopez and Humphries have short deals. So they end up with 3 draft picks? Probably will be in the 15-20 range. They'll end up as Houston east.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Still wouldn't do that trade for the Magic, unless Lopez and Humphries have short deals. So they end up with 3 draft picks? Probably will be in the 15-20 range. They'll end up as Houston east.

Picks won't even be that good. The Nets are already better than the Knicks, those picks will probably fall in between the 20-25 range.

Not of the sane world. Really.
I love what you turn to when you have nothing to actually counter with.
Most the lockerroom? The gunner, the fat PG and the frustrated PF?

Not being able to bench players is a problem in the NBA... GMs drop money and expect them played or they look foolish.. With the FO having a revolving door and injuries by the ton. I don't know how much blame he should have gotten...

http://www.cbssports.com/print/nba/...some-blazers-players-want-nate-mcmillan-fired
Sources close to the situation believe that McMillan has lost the locker room. According to one source, there's a growing number of players who would like to see McMillan fired, with assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff taking over as interim head coach. Bickerstaff has coached the Seattle SuperSonics, Denver Nuggets, Washington Wizards and Charlotte Bobcats, accumulating 414 wins throughout his career.
The players aren't the only ones who are questioning McMillan. Sources within the organization have criticized the coach's rotations and in-game adjustments.

It wasn't just the locker room it was the FO too. But I guess this is still on Crawford huh?

Blackace

Next draft seems a bit weak too..

Blackace

It wasn't just the locker room it was the FO too. But I guess this is still on Crawford huh?

Basically the HC is always at fault.. The FO was and still is shaky as hell.. The organization has zero foundation.. So of course they will blame the coach. Once the players found out they can lay down on the coach and avoid blame for their loses they did it..

Like I said his hands were tied with how many mins he had to play players he didn't want to play.... I never blamed Crawford for their issues so you can stop trying to pop smart with me

Basically the HC is always at fault.. The FO was and still is shaky as hell.. The organization has zero foundation. So of course they will blame the coach. Once the players found out they can lay down on the coach and avoid blame for their loses they did it..

Like I said his hands were tied with how many mins he had to play players he didn't want to play.... I never blamed Crawford for their issues so you can stop trying to pop smart with me

Oh.

Well whatever then.

The organization has zero foundation..
The bolded sums up the Blazers problems in one sentence. How one can try to put Jamal at fault is beyond me...

Mxrz

Dude you said Orlando needs to get Hedo off the books. But there isn't anything to actually get off the books. He has no contract after this season..

After having the Otis contracts/trades hanging overhead for so long, it was easy to forget there was an end in sight. Having some space next year and beyond is the one thing I really don't want Hennigan to mess up. This Nets deal seems the perfect way to kill that.

I wonder if this is the junk Otis was rejecting too.

Blackace

The bolded sums up the Blazers problems in one sentence. How one can try to put Jamal at fault is beyond me...

Jamal is a gunner and quite selfish... Plus he played like ass...

I like Crawford.. He went to Rainer Beach in Seattle...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Sources confirm discussions have resumed between the Magic and Nets about a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn. The complicated scenario would involve the signing/trading of Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries, along with MarShon Brooks and 1st-round picks.

Henny has to be smarter than this. He has to be. This is just a way to get other teams to speed up the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom