• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
believe2xuhr.jpg

BELIEVE

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Lottery team veterans, how does it feel to watch a season full of tank? Is it still exciting?

The basketball is bad, but it makes the good performances and wins stick out that much more. Example: I have really weird, vivid memories of Jonny Flynn leading a 4th quarter comeback against Philadelphia 2 years ago.

In general, it's a numbing experience. The games come to mean less and less, you spend less and less time following the league, etc. Though there is something to be said for rock bottom, when you're not even checking box scores in the morning.

I've been in a fighting game cave since the finals ended, but man, this Nash stuff is crazy for some reason to me. I never thought he would ever be a Laker. Good shit. Should be fun times.

O yea, lttp welcome home Lamar!

Give Lin the max Morey.
C'mon Morey, give Lin a huge offer.
I wish I had the financial stock/revenue numbers for MSG from last time...

You don't understand, we all KNOW from a basketball standpoint Lin will be overpaid in the backloaded years. There isn't a single Knick fan arguing this. But the money MSG will make/inroads marketing to the Asian community will be so huge any future luxury tax hit the Knicks will take will be paid off just by the marketing on Lin himself. It's that simple; Lin being on the Knicks gives the Knicks a Luxury tax cushion.

Puddles

Banned
Wow. Steve Nash? I never imagined anything like that. I just hope he has a few good years left in the tank.

Also, we are not going to draft a player again for awhile, are we?

Spurs, Thunders, and Lakers could all challenge for 60+ wins next year, West's regular season is going to be crazy.

edit: How the fuck did SuperCool get that much money? I'd rather play Fields $20 million than Beasley $18 million and I don't think Fields is even a decent bench player, WTF.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
@SpearsNBAYahoo
7-3 center Hasheem Thabeet agrees to two-year deal with @okcthunder, source tells Y! Second overall pick in 2009 draft joining his 4th team.

hahaha

Now that the Knicks can match, gotta step up your game. Morey knows that to get big-time FAs like Omer Asik, you've gotta come correct.

Also, the lols to be had will be plentiful. I want to see if the Knicks really mean they'll match "any offer."

Call their bluff, Daryl!
Yes, because we all know Morey has had a FANTASTIC FA period this year. Also Rockets have to offer and Lin has to agree to it, we're not even at the offer yet.

Going by this thread, yes. I'm guessing people haven't actually watched him play.

Why do you want Dwight? He's a liability and stagnates the offense. He's a more athletic Mutombo, that's what he is. Worse FT shooter and shot blocker than Dikembe as well. I'd take Dikembe in his prime over Dwight in his all day.

Kobe, Nash, Bynum, Pau, Hill, Artest... this is more than enough to win it next year. No need for an unlikable d-bag like D12 on this team.

Canuck76

Banned
Spurs, Thunders, and Lakers could all challenge for 60+ wins next year, West's regular season is going to be crazy.

And those young teams all seem to be getting better as well. Kings will be better with a offseason and Robinson. blazers should be much better. Golden State could dominate if Bogut and Steph stay healhty. New Orleans probably won't make the playoffs but will be a tougher out.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Has Dwight hate lead to straight up ignorance?
yup and...
Theres some slight truth to this. Typical PF with Dwight on the court has never really worked all that well. Big Baby + Dwight on the court last year was a disaster.

He's still great though regardless of who else is on the court.

But he wouldn't have to worry about that with Pau. Pau doesn't play inside.

First of all... Pau and Baby both shoot outside a lot but Pau is much more effective inside..

SamuraiX-

RT @DwyaneWade: 2morrow is a big day for #HeatNation..(Absolutely!! #HeatNation Stand Up

Heat ready to drop a bomb.
Jason Thompson ‏@jtthekid
Back to the East Coast Tomm......Had a Nice Time in Cali.

It's just a coincidence, right guyz!?

That's all it is. Yeah.

Totally.

Coincidence.

:(

Jason Jones
Latest word is the Kings' multi-year offer to Jason Thompson would start with a salary of about $6 million in the first year. As I expected, more than Chuck Hayes, less than Marcus Thornton. Still working on the specifics of the deal. Well maybe I'm full and I'll take a nap instead.

Heat couldn't offer him more than that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why do you want Dwight? He's a liability and stagnates the offense. He's a more athletic Mutombo, that's what he is. Worse FT shooter and shot blocker than Dikembe as well. I'd take Dikembe in his prime over Dwight in his all day.

Kobe, Nash, Bynum, Pau, Hill, Artest... this is more than enough to win it next year. No need for an unlikable d-bag like D12 on this team.

I would take The Dream in his prime as well!! But that isn't the point is it?

they have a black hole at center too... Dwight will pass out of double teams at least and is a game changer on D..

It's just a coincidence, right guyz!?

That's all it is. Yeah.

Totally.

Coincidence.

:(

Oh man, JT in Miami? He'd be a nice fit :(

Edit:

Jason Jones said:
Latest word is the Kings' multi-year offer to Jason Thompson would start with a salary of about $6 million in the first year. As I expected, more than Chuck Hayes, less than Marcus Thornton. Still working on the specifics of the deal. Well maybe I'm full and I'll take a nap instead.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

they have a black hole at center too... Dwight will pass out of double teams at least and is a game changer on D..

I'd take Kareem in his prime over Dwight ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Cloudy

Banned

Yeah I would do Dwight for Bynum and filler. Might even be worth it to take one of their bad contracts who's a shooter. With Nash on the team, it's all PnR. We saw how he didn't fit with a guy like Shaq who just wants to camp the lane

Can't even count how many different ways this post is wrong.

Teams need to not resign their role players in free agency.

Only go with draft picks for role players unless the team is a title team, otherwise they all get massively overpaid and then their cap sucks.

benjipwns

Banned
Teams need to not resign their role players in free agency.

Only go with draft picks for role players unless the team is a title team, otherwise they all get massively overpaid and then their cap sucks.
He's not a role player, he's an up and coming future star! Can't let him develop elsewhere!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
via ESPNLosAngeles: Lakers no longer interested in pursuing Ramon Sessions

Hahahahahaha come back to Cleveland bro, you can back up Waiters for the MLE

What happened Lakers'ager? Didn't I tell you he was garbage? What now?

Cloudy

Banned
What happened Lakers'ager? Didn't I tell you he was garbage? What now?

He was pretty arrogant to opt out after that shitastic playoff performance. He's a nice player but he was exposed pretty quickly in the playoffs cos of our lack of shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom