• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had the financial stock/revenue numbers for MSG from last time...

You don't understand, we all KNOW from a basketball standpoint Lin will be overpaid in the backloaded years. There isn't a single Knick fan arguing this. But the money MSG will make/inroads marketing to the Asian community will be so huge any future luxury tax hit the Knicks will take will be paid off just by the marketing on Lin himself. It's that simple; Lin being on the Knicks gives the Knicks a Luxury tax cushion.

He also gives everybody else a "the Knicks are over the cap for eternity and can never sign anybody ever again" threshold.

Best 3 weeks ever.

I would take The Dream in his prime as well!! But that isn't the point is it?

they have a black hole at center too... Dwight will pass out of double teams at least and is a game changer on D..

I'm one of those weird fans where a guy's likability and personality matter to me and i dont want dwight on my team. He's Dwyane-tier. Not to say that Bynum is much better but he's at least been here for a minute.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah I would do Dwight for Bynum and filler. Might even be worth it to take one of their bad contracts who's a shooter. With Nash on the team, it's all PnR. We saw how he didn't fit with a guy like Shaq who just wants to camp the lane

Shaq in his prime was a different player than Phx Shaq.. if Nash had prime Shaq he would have averaged 15 ast per game

Blackace

I'm one of those weird fans where a guy's likability and personality matter to me and i dont want dwight on my team. He's Dwyane-tier. Not to say that Bynum is much better but he's at least been here for a minute.

If you don't like him you don't like him.. but you don't have to make up stuff that isn't true about his game to say that.. I hated Karl Malone... but I can't pretend like he wasn't one of the greatest players to play the game..

Omega

Banned
We saw Shaq... it was a train wreck with those two.. and GP and Malone to the mix and it was worse..

It is not easy to average 20 plus in the NBA... he scores at about 60% while bosh is about 50%.. that's 1 more bucket per 10 shots that D12 drops and Bosh doesn't...

The Dwight has no offensive game shit is so stupid.

The only legit knock is his horrendous free throw shooting. He shot under 50% from the FT line last year. You really can't have him on the court for offense in late game situations.

He didn't even average 20 this season. He put up 18. Normally players improve..

And you guys are seriously going to FG% to defend your argument? I'm not even going to bother. With that shit logic Tyson Chandler is a better offensive player than Bosh. Any 7 foot bum can have a 60% FG when majority of their points come from within 5 feet.

filler

Banned
He didn't even average 20 this season. He put up 18. Normally players improve..

And you guys are seriously going to FG% to defend your argument? I'm not even going to bother. With that shit logic Tyson Chandler is a better offensive player than Bosh. Any 7 foot bum can have a 60% FG when majority of their points come from within 5 feet.

Center

Dwight Howard's post game is embarrassing. He either bullies his way to the basket or he dunks. Lebron has a more sophisticated post game than Dwight and that is terrible.

Yeah I would do Dwight for Bynum and filler. Might even be worth it to take one of their bad contracts who's a shooter. With Nash on the team, it's all PnR. We saw how he didn't fit with a guy like Shaq who just wants to camp the lane

With Nash absorbing the TPE, Lakers can't take back any bad contracts, unless Metta is part of the deal.(which would defeat the purpose)

Dwight Howard's post game is embarrassing. He either bullies his way to the basket or he dunks. Lebron has a more sophisticated post game than Dwight and that is terrible.

Yet it works. You're really faulting him for being too strong and too athletic?

charsace

Greedy ass $tarver stay hungry for the green. He trades Nash to a team that is basically the rival of half the western conference, including the Suns. $tarver would trade his anal virginity for a buck.

pilonv1

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT

Cruel twist for Knicks: That trade exception L.A. used to obtain Nash? It was created in Tyson Chandler trade, then sent to LA in Odom deal.

This is too delicious

Greedy ass $tarver stay hungry for the green. He trades Nash to a team that is basically the rival of half the western conference, including the Suns. $tarver would trade his anal virginity for a buck.

Howard Beck: Cruel twist for Knicks: That trade exception L.A. used to obtain Nash? It was created in Tyson Chandler trade, then sent to LA in Odom deal. 1 minute ago
ha

With Nash absorbing the TPE, Lakers can't take back any bad contracts, unless Metta is part of the deal.(which would defeat the purpose)

Yet it works. You're really faulting him for being too strong and too athletic?

Dwight could average 25 points a game if he developed something as simple as a baby hook. His offensive game is as raw as it was when he joined the league. Now he has back problems. So you're looking at a player that could be potentially injury prone on top of not progressing.

I also don't think that Nash makes LA any sort of favorite. Westbrook would eat him alive and I still don't think LA could beat Miami in a series.

you literally have Bynum and Kobe as its main cogs
Kobe is a very likable dude, he's not some thug that parties every night and gets into fights at the club. He lives and breathes basketball, he's enigmatic, his background is unique, he speaks Italian, he's charismatic and a good interview, he doesn't fake flop all over like Dwyane (someone post "The Gif" plz), there's no one like him in the league and never has been and never will be. Yes he takes too many shots sometimes and tries to carry the team on his back in the 4th when maybe he should pass it up but the guy is a warrior and all he wants to do is win, basketball is in his veins. He plays through more injruies than anyone since AI, he's charismatic but still has a killer instinct that very few players in the league have, there's no one like him. He has his faults but he's likable, far more so than guys like dwyane and lebron who are all about the spotlight and prima donnas. Kobe just wants more rings, that;'s all he eats sleeps and dreams about and I respect that more than some thug who parties every night and 10 illegitmate children. Kobe is weird, he's strange, he's enigmatic, he's one-of-a-kind, and I fucking love that about him.

filler

Banned
This is too delicious

JvBHQ.gif

pilonv1

It's like every dumb move the Knicks made from 2009-2011 will forever be linked to them missing out on players for the next 5 years.

Kobe is a very likable dude, he's not some thug that parties every night and gets into fights at the club. He lives and breathes basketball, he's enigmatic, his background is unique, he speaks Italian, he's charismatic and a good interview, he doesn't fake flop all over like Dwyane (someone post "The Gif" plz), there's no one like him in the league and never has been and never will be. Yes he takes too many shots sometimes and tries to carry the team on his back in the 4th when maybe he should pass it up but the guy is a warrior and all he wants to do is win, basketball is in his veins. He plays through more injruies than anyone since AI, he's charismatic but still has a killer instinct that very few players in the league have, there's no one like him. He has his faults but he's likable, far more so than guys like dwyane and lebron who are all about the spotlight and prima donnas. Kobe just wants more rings, that;'s all he eats sleeps and dreams about and I respect that more than some thug who parties every night and 10 illegitmate children. Kobe is weird, he's strange, he's enigmatic, he's one-of-a-kind, and I fucking love that about him.

The way the Lakers are constructed right now, they're second round fodder. I rather a team of assholes that can win.

rando14

Holy fuck Lakers fans blow my mind.

Emwitus

wadefalldown.gif

I love wade tho LOL

Blackace

It's like he was never raping women in Colorado..

benjipwns

Banned
untitled-10x3mdm.gif

I admit the divorce and Kobe probably cheating on Vanessa regularly was a huge disappointment but i feel there must be more to that story, or maybe not. That definitely brought him down a notch for me because cheating on your wife with kids and ruining the marriage isn't a good look (esp after what went down in CO) but i still love him.

Emwitus

You know all in all, i'd rather they amnesty blake and try and develop morris. Especially his defensive game and outside shooting. Nash needs a really solid backup to give him some rest and blake ain't it. His had enough time to prove himself and he failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom