• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

THe cheating and ruining the marriage was terrible yes but he has many more good and unique traits, the good outweighs the bad..despite how bad the bad was. He doesn't get into trouble, getting arrested, caught doing drugs, fights in the club, He stays in his room and doesn't go out all the time, he's unique, he's ARTICULATE, he's smart, h'es charismatic, he's cerebral, there's no one like him. Does this stuff not matter to you when you think about likability? He's one of a kind, some bad things but more good than bad. The biggest reason people hate Kobe is because he's on the Lakers. If he was on the grizzlies or something it would be a different story. What happens when a popular player goes to the Yankees, he becomes an enemy to everyone outside of NY.

To steal a Bill Simmons joke

"Man it's really fun to just talk and hang out with Kobe" -nobody ever

And I don't mean to imply you have to be articulate and speak 5 languages to be likable, not at all, but that's one of Kobe's charms and adds to his mystique...why he's so unique, strange, enigmatic,polarizing, I love him. I don't understand how people can hate Kobe (other than the fact that he's on the Lakers) with how unique and interesting he is.

benjipwns

Banned
adds to his mystique..
QK4YK.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
THe cheating and ruining the marriage was terrible yes but he has many more good and unique traits, the good outweighs the bad..despite how bad the bad was. He doesn't get into trouble, getting arrested, caught doing drugs, fights in the club, He stays in his room and doesn't go out all the time, he's unique, he's ARTICULATE, he's smart, h'es charismatic, he's cerebral, there's no one like him. Does this stuff not matter to you when you think about likability? He's one of a kind, some bad things but more good than bad. The biggest reason people hate Kobe is because he's on the Lakers. If he was on the grizzlies or something it would be a different story. What happens when a popular player goes to the Yankees, he becomes an enemy to everyone outside of NY.

what. the. fuck.

Did you really, really, just drop the "he speaks so well" compliment?

First of all... most stars don't do any of that stuff you speak of....

I won't even list a lot of the things I don't like about him because they really aren't tangible. The dude is an incredible basketball player for sure....

Obviously adding Nash is an upgrade, a huge, huge upgrade. Having someone else on the team other than Kobe that can create offense is great. And I think he will do wonders to snap Pau out of his funk. The problem is the same thing I said when the Knicks were going to get Nash: It makes us better, much funner to watch, but I don't necessarily think it makes us contenders. Defense and bench will still be an issue, and we will be relying on old man Nash, old man Kobe and Bynum (if he's still on the team) to stay healthy. I also have reservations about this move for two other reasons:

1) Those 1st round picks, however late, gives us less ammo for a Dwight trade

2) I really hope this isn't Jim's way of appeasing the fan base crying out for some significant change, thinking he can now leave the rest of the team as-is. Even if we don't trade for Dwight, I wouldn't mind moving Bynum someplace else for some depth. I really think Pau will have a resurgence playing with Nash.

what. the. fuck.

Did you really, really, just drop the "he speaks so well" compliment?

First of all... most stars don't do any of that stuff you speak of....

I won't even list a lot of the things I don't like about him because they really aren't tangible. The dude is an incredible basketball player for sure....

Have you missed Joakim Noah interviews?? Being articulate and interesting and having some substance when you're talking certainly adds to likability IMO but it's not a requirement like i said in the las tpost.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ha that kid looks just like Nash. Odd timing for a divorce, though. Maybe she was sweating the delivery and confessed

They were separated for months before that. And 'filings' aren't official until they are processed. You can fill out the paper work weeks in advance, but until that paper work is filed in the system, it doesn't mean anything. The filing was simply a coincidence.

The kid looks exactly like Nash, down to the face and the doofy hair.

Blackace

And I don't mean to imply you have to be articulate and speak 5 languages to be likable, not at all, but that's one of Kobe's charms and adds to his mystique...why he's so unique, strange, enigmatic,polarizing, I love him. I don't understand how people can hate Kobe (other than the fact that he's on the Lakers) with how unique and interesting he is.

I loved the Lakers when they had a likable star like Magic..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
pics? even hotter than the ex wife?

still think lakers need to get d12 to compete with okc

Not going to fill the thread with hot womenz picks, but a quick google search will provide you answers

Blackace

Have you missed Joakim Noah interviews?? Being articulate and interesting and having some substance when you're talking certainly adds to likability IMO but it's not a requirement like i said in the las tpost.

Noah isn't exactly a star now is he...

Most stars take public speech classes.. Kemp was a great interview..

Dwight is a good interview...

LBJ

KD

Blackace

Obviously adding Nash is an upgrade, a huge, huge upgrade. Having someone else on the team other than Kobe that can create offense is great. And I think he will do wonders to snap Pau out of his funk. The problem is the same thing I said when the Knicks were going to get Nash: It makes us better, much funner to watch, but I don't necessarily think it makes us contenders. Defense and bench will still be an issue, and we will be relying on old man Nash, old man Kobe and Bynum (if he's still on the team) to stay healthy. I also have reservations about this move for two other reasons:

2) I really hope this isn't Jim's way of appeasing the fan base crying out for some significant change, thinking he can now leave the rest of the team as-is. Even if we don't trade for Dwight, I wouldn't mind moving Bynum someplace else for some depth. I really think Pau will have a resurgence playing with Nash.

Adding Nash is huge.. and could make Pau into a man again.. Depends on the O Mike Brown will run tho..

Cloudy

Banned

I really don't see how Nash fits with Pau AND Bynum. His specialty is finding shooters and we have 1 or 2 of them who won't get big minutes. One of those bigs has to go IMO. I think Pau fits with Nash better (cos he can shoot) but it seems this FO won't trade Bynum for anyone but Dwight

Blackace

I really don't see how Nash fits with Pau AND Bynum. His specialty is finding shooters so one of those guys has to go IMO. I think Pau fits with Nash better (cos he can shoot) but it seems this FO won't trade Bynum for anyone but Dwight

Yeah because Amar'e and Matrix were serious shooters....

Noah isn't exactly a star now is he...

Most stars take public speech classes.. Kemp was a great interview..

Dwight is a good interview...

LBJ

KD

IMO the only other big star on Kobe's level in that regard is Dirk, who more often than not gives detailed, honest, smart answers in a likable manner. Probably even moreso than Kobe. Dirk is awesome...he's super likable but a different kind of likable compared to Kobe. Dirk is a 'awesome guy' likable, while Kobe has this interesting mystique with his background and personality along with a fire for the game that makes you like him and glued to the screen.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm not one to gossip....

but

I heard something about an eastern conference team in talks to trade for

Raymond Felton

Vandiger

Lakers always trading up and reloading, main reason I love this franchise. Can't wait for the 2012-2013 season, despite Mike Clown.

Branduil

IMO the only other big star on Kobe's level in that regard is Dirk, who more often than not gives detailed, honest, smart answers in a likable manner. Probably even moreso than Kobe. Dirk is awesome...he's super likable but a different kind of likable compared to Kobe. Dirk is a 'awesome guy' likable, while Kobe has this interesting mystique with his background and personality along with a fire for the game that makes you like him and glued to the screen.

Are you literally admitting that you view Kobe as a Magical Negro

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
After seeing interviews with the top 5 picks in this year's draft, I don't think it's out of line.
MKG has a speech impediment. Davis is bout dat cash. TRob was too busy making America cry. And nobody knows who the fuck Waiters is so they didn't know how to interview him.
Are you literally admitting that you view Kobe as a Magical Negro
LOL

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah because Amar'e and Matrix were serious shooters....

Matrix can hit open 3s and Amare has a nice mid-range game. Thing is, they are a threat.

Bynum is not a jumpshooter and Artest isn't reliable. If Nash is gonna be the PG, we need a deadeye shooter at 3 and a stretch 4. Only way to do that is trade Bynum and maybe send Artest with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom