• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
@Jonathan_Feigen
As @WojYahooNBA reported, Lin offer sheet for 4 years, the 4th at team option. Similar to deal Goran Dragic turned down.

So yeah Knicks probably already matched.

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Kings coach Keith Smart worked out Jimmer Fredette in Denver. Said Fredette wants to improve at managing game. Also worked on defense.

It's nice to want things, Jimmer.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Source with knowledge of Knicks' thinking: "They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars"

teeheehee

giri

Yeah, it goes beyond his health, although that's a big issue. But I'm also not sold on him as a player for that kind of money. His size/skillset do not remind me of the great SGs like Kobe or DWade, but more along the lines of Steve Francis/Monta (?!)/etc. I do not question Gordon's talent - he's a solid player that I'd love to have on my team - but not as the "best player" on my team. I don't know. Maybe I'm selling him short. I like the direction we are moving and the pickups we've made so far, so maybe I should have faith.

All of his %'s are far better than those guys, and he is actually a good catch and shoot guy. Good foil along side dragic.

Not seeing him for a full season obviously tarnishes everything. I'm sold on him though. But getting him may just prevent us getting the complimentary player we need.

Well, it's probably worth the risk anyway.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Again, every indication I've gotten is that Knicks will match, even though offer is backloaded in a way to make it harder. Yahoo! first

How would they pull this off? I wonder how creative Wizard got here.

RBH

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Source with knowledge of Knicks' thinking: "They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars"
200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

teeheehee
Shit, Knicks will make a billion off Lin next season alone.
Again, every indication I've gotten is that Knicks will match, even though offer is backloaded in a way to make it harder. Yahoo! first

How would they pull this off? I wonder how creative Wizard got here.
4 for 30? 5/5/10/10.

And really, you're still calling him The Wizard? Even Rockets-GAF has forsaken him.

SamuraiX-

League source says Utah forward Jeremy Evans will stay with Jazz on a three-year deal worth around $5.5 million.

I believe he's a fan favorite, so I'll assume JazzAge is ecstatic about this news.

Jonm1010

Banned
Just heard the Gordon news. That's fine, I dont want people here who don't want to be here.

It's just weird hearing him whine about us drafting a guard. The guy sat in on the workouts and even highly complimented rivers.

Such a bizarre offseason in New Orleans. Just when I thought we were on the up and up our best player wants to bolt.......to the suns no less. No offense to the suns but it's just such a bizarre situation and rationale Gordon has going on right now. The way Gordon is making it sound is like Phoenix is a soon to be contender because of beasley and dragic and the hornets aren't shit despite a great coach and what many scouts think is a once in a decade type talent.

cacophony

Offer sheet for Lin will pay him $5M in year one, $5.2M in year two and $9.3M in years three and again in team option year four, source says.

thekad

Banned
That's actually a decent contract for a starting point guard of Jarrett Jack's caliber. Only overpaid in one year of the deal then the Knicks could cut him loose (lol).

Plus all that Chinese dough.

giri

Just heard the Gordon news. That's fine, I dont want people here who don't want to be here.

It's just weird hearing him whine about us drafting a guard. The guy sat in on the workouts and even highly complimented rivers.

Such a bizarre offseason in New Orleans. Just when I thought we were on the up and up our best player wants to bolt.......to the suns no less. No offense to the suns but it's just such a bizarre situation and rationale Gordon has going on right now. The way Gordon is making it sound is like Phoenix is a soon to be contender because of beasley and dragic and the hornets aren't shit despite a great coach and what many scouts think is a once in a decade type talent.

I don't disagree, i think the hornets, if they kept Gordon are done with the bottoming out of their Rebuild, and are looking only to win from here on out. Assuming their draft picks work out anyway.

Jonm1010

Banned
I don't disagree, i think the hornets, if they kept Gordon are done with the bottoming out of their Rebuild, and are looking only to win from here on out. Assuming their draft picks work out anyway.

I feel we're still about a year away from making any real noise for the playoffs but were not far off.

Oh well, top three pick here we come again!

The silver lining is that trading him will at least net you an asset or two, you'll also likely be drafting in the top 7 again next year if he isn't on the roster.

giri

I feel we're still about a year away from making any real noise for the playoffs but were not far off.

Oh well, top three pick here we come again!

Oh yeah, you weren't play off ready, but a year, and another couple solid mid 1st round picks. If you're lucky maybe another top 5 to round out the roster.

Now? maybe 2 years.

It's so odd about how much he wants out of NOH.

I can only assume there is a lot more to it thats not coming out.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I can't tell who's had a worst offseason the Rockets with their army of forwards and well whatever the hell else they're doing or the Mavs who are wait how many guys are under contract? :lol.

squicken

That's a perfectly reasonable contract for Lin, but why even bother? He did the Knicks' work for them and kind of screwed Lin by driving a hard bargain. Weak showing, Wizard

Jonm1010

Banned
The silver lining is that trading him will at least net you an asset or two, you'll also likely be drafting in the top 7 again next year if he isn't on the roster.

I'd love another first rounder and a decent player or two but I wonder what we can realistically get for a sign and trade.

Smokey

No, the trade would have set the franchise back a long time had it gone through.

Not really. With the assumption that they also got nene they could've had a top 4 team in west and good

Lowry
Lee
Bud/parsons
Vagina
Nene

The fallout from that trade not going through? You're seeing it now. Morey would've satisfied his hard on for a star and this bs wouldn't be happening.

thekad

Banned
Not really. With the assumption that they also got nene they could've had a top 4 team in west and good

Lowry
Lee
Bud/parsons
Vagina
Nene

The fallout from that trade not going through? You're seeing it now. Morey would've satisfied his hard on for a star and this bs wouldn't be happening.

That team wouldn't have won shit and would be capped out for forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom