• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

Just heard the Gordon news. That's fine, I dont want people here who don't want to be here.

It's just weird hearing him whine about us drafting a guard. The guy sat in on the workouts and even highly complimented rivers.

Such a bizarre offseason in New Orleans. Just when I thought we were on the up and up our best player wants to bolt.......to the suns no less. No offense to the suns but it's just such a bizarre situation and rationale Gordon has going on right now. The way Gordon is making it sound is like Phoenix is a soon to be contender because of beasley and dragic and the hornets aren't shit despite a great coach and what many scouts think is a once in a decade type talent.

I think the X factor in phoenix is the medical staff and the fact the he will be the star of that team and not play batman anymore like he did for blake and will eventually do for davis

If it does come down to a sign n trade though the package is going to involve brooks or marshall, lopez, and picks.

Not really. With the assumption that they also got nene they could've had a top 4 team in west and good

Lowry
Lee
Bud/parsons
Vagina
Nene

The fallout from that trade not going through? You're seeing it now. Morey would've satisfied his hard on for a star and this bs wouldn't be happening.

That team wouldn't have been top 4...

Shit, I don't even know if they'd be top 6.

Smokey

That team wouldn't have been top 4...

Shit, I don't even know if they'd be top 6.

They got as high as 5th seed with that average roster they had this year before self destructing the last week. Vag is better than scola and nene better than camby and dalembert.

So yes..imo they could have

SamuraiX-

Just heard the Gordon news. That's fine, I dont want people here who don't want to be here.

It's just weird hearing him whine about us drafting a guard. The guy sat in on the workouts and even highly complimented rivers.

Such a bizarre offseason in New Orleans. Just when I thought we were on the up and up our best player wants to bolt.......to the suns no less. No offense to the suns but it's just such a bizarre situation and rationale Gordon has going on right now. The way Gordon is making it sound is like Phoenix is a soon to be contender because of beasley and dragic and the hornets aren't shit despite a great coach and what many scouts think is a once in a decade type talent.

Your team matched Gordon's max offer from Phoenix.

The Asik offer seems pretty strange now if Houston wants to tank.

Like, he's going to be a pretty bad trade asset next year since his contract escalates quickly, he'll actually help win games for the Rockets via fuckball, and there's a lot of size in next year's draft so they could be drafting his replacement if they get a top 5 pick.

cacophony

Morey is just fucking around now. he knew NY would match, now they have to pay more for Lin. that sure showed that team that isnt even in our conference

giri

The result of that trade veto is morey going batshit insane in the pursuit of a star that he would've got with Vag. That plan fell through so now he's in straight fuck it mode

So it's sterns fault your GM went batshit insane and made a ton of bad trades/signings?

Naw.

It's his own fault for making all the stupid moves. the other teams got over it and moved on just fine.

Zach Lowe: Thought briefly entered mind: "So many deals already, we might even have a real weekend." Watch: Dwight trade will come Sat afternoon. 2 minutes ago
omg, my body is ready.

nash's chest is ready.
steve-nash-phoenix-suns-drunk-pictures1.jpg

Morey is just fucking around now. he knew NY would match, now they have to pay more for Lin. that sure showed that team that isnt even in our conference
Except he could've offered a helluva lot more, could've offered 4/40. Basically, his fucking around may really hurt the team if they can't land a halfway decent PG.

Pkaz01

wait

didnt no match?

everyone is saying on twitter that league sources claim they will but I dont think they can officially match until he actual signs the offer sheet on the 11th and then they get 3 days to match or sign n trade. At least I think thats what it is.

I don't see a situation where they don't match because it would be stupid not to get anything back but at the same time I don't think they can just hope he will come around to NO. Gordon for some reason really doesnt like it there.

Tom Penny

This shit better be lies. I was pretty happy with the C'z offeseason so far

On the Celtics front, agent David Falk continues to say he thinks a deal gets done with Boston for free agent forward Jeff Green. One source with knowledge of the talks says it may be in the four years, $40 million neighborhood, but it is not done.

giri

everyone is saying on twitter that league sources claim they will but I dont think they can officially match until he actual signs the offer sheet on the 11th and then they get 3 days to match or sign n trade. At least I think thats what it is.

Yep.

Smokey

So it's sterns fault your GM went batshit insane and made a ton of bad trades/signings?

Naw.

It's his own fault for making all the stupid moves. the other teams got over it and moved on just fine.

I ain't disagreein bruh. Morey is still the dumb fuck but that veto sucked more for rockets than anybody else.

But whatever we free fallin right now and that's ok. Now to see if they can even tank properly

Mrbob

Reading this from Yahoo Sports:

The Bulls' brass is also mulling whether or not to match Omer Asik's $25 million offer from the Houston Rockets. Based on various media reports and Tweets from the past couple of days, it sounds like management is leaning toward matching. What a tough decision - let Omer walk, which would give the Bulls a full MLE to work with, or pay $8 million a year for a backup center. Either way, management will be heavily criticized.

If Garpax matches the terrible Asik deal they will get roasted. Let him go. But maybe it won't matter when their big off season acquisition is the return of Captain Kirk. Horrible.

Pkaz01

Oh and I can't wait to see the game next week. Get to see davis and gordon hell yea.

And then we have lakers preseason game to look forward too as well. Seeing nash for the first time fuck yea I gotta get those tickets.

If Garpax matches the terrible Asik deal they will get roasted. Let him go. But maybe it won't matter when their big off season acquisition is the return of Captain Kirk. Horrible.
Oh my God no. NO NO NO. DO NOT SAVE MOREY FROM HIMSELF.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

If they match it, I'll seriously consider not being a Bulls fan anymore. I'll be a free agent, and go to the highest Best-GAF team bidder.

Derrick01

Banned

Such is the pain of being a Bulls fan in the post-Jordan era. This is like the easiest decision they could ever make and they're thinking about fucking it up :lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not really. With the assumption that they also got nene they could've had a top 4 team in west and good

Lowry
Lee
Bud/parsons
Vagina
Nene

The fallout from that trade not going through? You're seeing it now. Morey would've satisfied his hard on for a star and this bs wouldn't be happening.

this team top 4?

thunder would still be one

cp3 lakers would still 2 or 3

spurs 2 or 3

Griz would still be 4th..

now maybe you make 5 or 6 with that lineup..

thekad

Banned
This was just posted on a Rockets message board. Shit's getting real :lol

Nope. [Morey] always has and always will be a loser. He has no idea how to build a winning team - he just makes lateral moves based on the inane deviations and correlations his excel spreadsheet shows him. That's what you get from guys who grow up couped up in basements in front of computers with no real understanding of the game.

I'm happy the Rockets are finally getting rid of all the players who make them #14 instead of #1-5 - but it's not because of some grand scheme. It's because Morey tinkered and tinkered himself into a hole while putting out the delusion that a superstar would want to come to a place run by a robotic geek who treats every player like a 1 and 0 on a computer and watches Moneyball every night thinking he's Brad Pitt, when he's really Andy Dick. And all along, everyone was laughing their ass off at the idea a team with as much turnover and lack of talent as the Rockets had these huge ambitions.

Not only that, he's fat and has body image issues. All the good GM's in this league are slick and confident - Sam Presti, Mitch Kupchak, Pat Riley, RC Buford, etc.

He can't scout talent or understand athletes to save his life. He thinks multimillionaires with swag and athletic abilities give a **** about twitter campaigns a free ipods. He's beyond clueless and anyone who thinks he knows what he's doing isn't far behind.

Reminds me of the Emperor's Magic Robe story. Emperor was a crazy guy. Pretended to have a majestic robe made when he was really broke and couldn't afford material. At the big town gathering, he was buck naked and said only the truly intelligent citizens could see the robe. naturally, not wanting to be thought of as stupid, all the idiots praised his new robe and said the craftsmanship was exquisite. But then one guy spoke up and said, hey your majesty, you're not wearing anything. You're naked and coming off as a gay who's batting way out of his league.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I love how people were blaming Mac 10 for the mess Portland is in when it is clearly the front office's fault

Also Jamal in Clipper land..

shit just got real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom