• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He isn't allowed a 4 year, $25 mil deal. MLE is $5 mil with 4% raises. That comes out to about 4 years, $21.2 mil or so. Not sure how Broussard got $25.

LA Times is reporting 3/$15.7. Maybe there's a player option. More likely, multiple sources.

Bonuses.

Babalu.

oh yes nash! and hill off the bench...and dwight maayybeeee

rnh7q.jpg

charsace

Right now I agree. Parity is definately at an all time low. In a couple years I don't know.

Without a doubt a few teams are going to hit the jackpot with a couple young superstars and give those teams a challenge eventually. And some young teams are going to develop and add the right pieces.

Wade is already on the decline and their salary cap in a few years after the new penalties kick in is going to be horrible from what I understand, and the Thunder aren't going to be able to retain everyone.

I feel like more than anything the league is comprised of some really shitty owners and some even worse general managers.
I've been saying this for a long time. Baseball and Football have better owners and gm's.

They didn't sign jamal crawford? which crawford did they sign then?
... I remember Crawful as a Knick and I never saw him flop on D. Unless he said "fuck it" the last 2 years he's not a flopper. Let's not confuse flopping with bad defense; the two can be independent of one another.
He does on three attempts, ala Reggie.
Oh yeah, defensive flopping is more egregious IMHO. But that 3-point flop I'm pretty sure he learned from watching Reggie.

giri

... I remember Crawful as a Knick and I never saw him flop on D. Unless he said "fuck it" the last 2 years he's not a flopper. Let's not confuse flopping with bad defense; the two can be independent of one another.

Oh yeah, defensive flopping is more egregious IMHO. But that 3-point flop I'm pretty sure he learned from watching Reggie.

He's a floppy bitch on offense, which means he's a floppy bitch.

He'd actually have to play defense at all to be able to flop on D.

reilo

Most of the egregious flops come on offense anyway.

reilo

Jason Quick said:
Blazers just complete meeting w/Batum and agent in downtown Portland and say they will match any offer and will not engage in sign-and-trade

Eric Gordon is in Las Vegas vying for one of the final spots on the U.S. national team that will play in this summer's Olympics. He wants to go to London. But he doesn't want to come back to New Orleans.

Gordon, a restricted free agent who has a four-year, $58 million offer sheet from the Phoenix Suns, believes they are more committed to his future than the New Orleans Hornets. The Hornets acquired Gordon from the Los Angeles Clippers last season in the deal that sent point guard Chris Paul to the Clippers.

Paul didn't want to be in New Orleans any longer, either, and Gordon suggested if the Hornets match the Suns' offer and retain him, they'd be looking at a similar situation. The four-year offer from the Suns, a source said, includes a player option on the fourth year.

Poor form, Gordon, poor form.

reilo

He's going to be overpaid, buuuut if they are getting Hibbert, you gotta cash in all your chips.

Lillard
Wes Matthews
Batum
LMA
Hibbert

that's a pretty good team. Man, West is going to be so tough, again.

It better be :-\

Wow the Mavs have no roster. We could have kept Chandler and made a run but nooooo we had to blow it up on a gamble. Now there's nothing. So uh...how's the lottery looking next year?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Awesome, now the Wolves can move on to players that actually fill the most pressing need.

*That aren't Brandon Roy, preferably.

NomarTyme

Wow the Mavs have no roster. We could have kept Chandler and made a run but nooooo we had to blow it up on a gamble. Now there's nothing. So uh...how's the lottery looking next year?

High school players are rated the highest from what I heard.... your team is completely boned.

squicken

does it matter? regardless of player its dumb.

? Not signing Dragic to that contract was incredibly smart. How can you guys bemoan all the dumb GMs handing out dumb contracts and then crap on the guy who won't? Asik deal obviously is in play in that argument but from what I've read it's not really ridiculous

reilo

Chris Broussard said:
While u wasting energy hatin' on me, I'm enjoying time with me family. If I can't relate to that I feel sorry for u.

Chris Broussard said:
For all the haters, I was off yesterday too. Any work done was bonus. We get days off just like u. I got a life beyond the NBA.

LOLOL

? Not signing Dragic to that contract was incredibly smart. How can you guys bemoan all the dumb GMs handing out dumb contracts and then crap on the guy who won't? Asik deal obviously is in play in that argument but from what I've read it's not really ridiculous

4/30 for Goran isn't so bad. Not even $8 mil a year.

He traded Lowry, a great contract, for what could be the 13th pick in a draft.

Asik was terrible.

Rockets still have martin, Scola and yet no actual team.

reilo

Let's all take a moment to remember that during this time of the year, the silliest people aren't the GMs and FOs making these weird ass head scratching decisions, but the people covering them:

@dwightjaynes said:
Rubio and location. Direct flights to Paris from Minn RT @matthewwasinger: why does he want out? Management? Style of play? Location?

DIRECT FLIGHT TO PARIS.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Almost as good as my favorite fuck the haters quote from last year.

"At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."

giri

4/30 for Goran isn't so bad. Not even $8 mil a year.

He traded Lowry, a great contract, for what could be the 13th pick in a draft.

Asik was terrible.

Rockets still have martin, Scola and yet no actual team.

Goran wanted 10M Per from the rockets.

Gave the suns a discount.

Yes, that REALLY happened.

Dragic
Gordon
Beasley
Morris
Gortat

Along with their draft picks, they've got some nice pieces in place. Phoenix is going to be interesting in the coming years. mhm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom