• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

? Not signing Dragic to that contract was incredibly smart. How can you guys bemoan all the dumb GMs handing out dumb contracts and then crap on the guy who won't? Asik deal obviously is in play in that argument but from what I've read it's not really ridiculous

I'm not saying he should have signed Dragic, but if you're not going to re-sign dragic, don't alienate your OTHER PG. Your ONLY other PG.

But if you're going to give the player the salary he wants anyway. not giving a PO is just dumb.

i thought it was cuz they wouldn't give the player option in the 4th year.

But yeah, he took a lower price from Suns.

lol rockets.

Rockets gave him the money he wanted (10M per) but wouldn't give him the PO. So he never signed with them.

Then took a discount with the suns.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@dwightjaynes said:
They met and told Batum no sign-and-trades and that they'd match. And they did this because he wants to come back here? LOL

LOL he says!

DIRECT FLIGHT TO PARIS

squicken

4/30 for Goran isn't so bad. Not even $8 mil a year.

He traded Lowry, a great contract, for what could be the 13th pick in a draft.

Asik was terrible.

Rockets still have martin, Scola and yet no actual team.

I imagine Scola will be gone soon. Martin seems like the perfect guy for a tanking team. As I said, Asik is in play on the dumb move.

There are 4 elite PGs and about 10 guys who are interchangeable. Dragic is not elite, and $8m/yr on something so easy to find is bad resource allocation. Morey got Brooks, Lowry, Dragic, and even Lin. He can find another middling PG.

The pick could also be a 2 or a 3. The quality of that trade depends on what you think of Toronto's prospects going forward. Placing a bet against Brain Colangelo's ability to build a team is something I'd also consider incredibly smart.

giri

I imagine Scola will be gone soon. Martin seems like the perfect guy for a tanking team. As I said, Asik is in play on the dumb move.

There are 4 elite PGs and about 10 guys who are interchangeable. Dragic is not elite, and $8m/yr on something so easy to find is bad resource allocation. Morey got Brooks, Lowry, Dragic, and even Lin. He can find another middling PG.

The pick could also be a 2 or a 3. The quality of that trade depends on what you think of Toronto's prospects going forward. Placing a bet against Brain Colangelo's ability to build a team is something I'd also consider incredibly smart.

top 3 protected.

And there's a big difference between the telfair/sessions of the world, and the dragic/conleys.

thekad

Banned
Only on nbagaf would a below average team paying an average point guard 8 million a year be considered a good move.

Tank or Win.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Only on nbagaf would a below average team paying an average point guard 8 million a year be considered a good move.

Tank or Win.

I won't argue against that... tank or win... being a 42 win team is just about the worst thing a team could possibly do, from the viewpoint of developing a championship level team. That said, as a basketball fan, I'd take a 42 win team, provided the guys getting the 42 wins are not 35 years old. That's why I thought the Suns were idiots last year.

giri

I won't argue against that... tank or win... being a 42 win team is just about the worst thing a team could possibly do, from the viewpoint of developing a championship level team. That said, as a basketball fan, I'd take a 42 win team, provided the guys getting the 42 wins are not 35 years old. That's why I thought the Suns were idiots last year.

Yeah, sort of. The suns can still lose a lot of games this season while getting their young guys experience / playing time, as long as they don't get Gordon.

They get Gordon and they're sort of stuck in7th - 10th hell.

Mxrz

Happy enough with Jameer and Redick coming back. I wouldn't have minded them going to better teams though. Trading everyone but Dwight would've been funny, or getting Carter and Lewis and remaking the 2010 Magic, but with Bynum.

commish

Yeah, sort of. The suns can still lose a lot of games this season while getting their young guys experience / playing time, as long as they don't get Gordon.

They get Gordon and they're sort of stuck in7th - 10th hell.

I posted about this earlier. I DON'T WANT GORDON. Luckily NOH basically MUST match, considering how they got him.

I wonder how much of the Suns' desire for him has to do with the fact that they KNOW their medical staff can get 80 games a season out of him?

Barrage

While the Shitburger Entree of Davis/Demar/Calderon (Only one I would miss is Davis) should be enough to nab Iguodala, oh god would I love it if Memphis would give Toronto Gay for it. He's the '"Gimme the fucking ball" guy that the Raptors need. Noone could stop our Gay-Euro glory.

giri

I posted about this earlier. I DON'T WANT GORDON. Luckily NOH basically MUST match, considering how they got him.

I wonder how much of the Suns' desire for him has to do with the fact that they KNOW their medical staff can get 80 games a season out of him?

I know you don't want gordon.

But he's a top 5 at his position. At a very important position historically in the NBA.

And if anyone is going to get 82 games out of him, it's Aaron Nelson.

The only reason i saw you state you don't want him is health, is that it, or you don't like his game?

I want Gordon, but i want to tank this year too, i feel you need another legit all star to go with him, as all players do.

thekad

Banned
Not if Derrick Williams is still on the team.

9500988-large.jpg

commish

I know you don't want gordon.

But he's a top 5 at his position. At a very important position historically in the NBA.

And if anyone is going to get 82 games out of him, it's Aaron Nelson.

The only reason i saw you state you don't want him is health, is that it, or you don't like his game?

I want Gordon, but i want to tank this year too, i feel you need another legit all star to go with him, as all players do.

Yeah, it goes beyond his health, although that's a big issue. But I'm also not sold on him as a player for that kind of money. His size/skillset do not remind me of the great SGs like Kobe or DWade, but more along the lines of Steve Francis/Monta (?!)/etc. I do not question Gordon's talent - he's a solid player that I'd love to have on my team - but not as the "best player" on my team. I don't know. Maybe I'm selling him short. I like the direction we are moving and the pickups we've made so far, so maybe I should have faith.

Not if Derrick Williams is still on the team.

People are seriously underestimating his ability to make the transition to SF. I think he's going to shock people.

Also, I think I've become obsessed with the idea of trading DJ to Houston for one of their PFs. I'm looking up emails and twitter handles to get the idea in people's heads.

SUPREME1

Banned
Yeah, it goes beyond his health, although that's a big issue. But I'm also not sold on him as a player for that kind of money. His size/skillset do not remind me of the great SGs like Kobe or DWade, but more along the lines of Steve Francis/Monta (?!)/etc. I do not question Gordon's talent - he's a solid player that I'd love to have on my team - but not as the "best player" on my team. I don't know. Maybe I'm selling him short. I like the direction we are moving and the pickups we've made so far, so maybe I should have faith.

Gordon is Joe-Johnson-4-years-ago-lite...

Mxrz

If some other team signs Humphries, that completely fucks the Nets right?

C'mon Houston. You know you want another pf.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Buddinger or Williams?

Williams.

I said at the end of season, I want to see what the guy has given a real offseason/training camp and the Kevin Love regiment. And the dude literally hired Kevin Love's trainer and has already lost a bunch of weight.

squicken

No terms on Lin deal? He won't hinder the tanking and could mitigate revenue losses from being terrible, so as long as it doesn't cripple their ability to make moves, it's fine by me. Academic probably as Knicks will undoubtedly match

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
@WojYahooNBA
Lin offer sheet will be a three year deal, with team option for the fourth, league source tells Y!

@ESPNSteinLine
Source with knowledge of Knicks' thinking: "They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars"

Cipherr

Im probably late at the pace that NBA GAF moves, but is it true that Kidd left the Mavs too?

Is there an achievement or something for the most available cap space or some shit?

squicken

So no player option on 4th year I guess was the deal breaker/maker. Wonder how a club option affects the poison pill pro-rations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom