• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TBH, the blazers having to come straight out and say "no S&T's" is indicative he was looking to move on.
Jason Quick said:
Had a good off-the-record talk with @nicolas88batum in downtown Portland on Thursday. He leaves for France on Friday. http://pic.twitter.com/qpq8MyYj
Jason Quick said:
I think I'm safe in saying this: Report of @nicolas88batum saying he never wanted to play for Portland again was inaccurate

Sources say that Dwight for Bynum might be close.

Talking to Bynum right now. Says he likes the color Blue.
dwight.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It really didnt have anything to do with Ryan Anderson.

Just that Jeff Green is a scrub. Jeff Gomes is a very apt moniker. 4/40 for Gomes would be the worst move this offseason. Green is not an "okay" player. He is bad, always has been.

Maybe so... I still think Jeff has a bunch of upside.. he is very much throwback player.. like McKey, Det (he will never be that good tho) or AK47.. If you have other great players around him he will be an asset.. if you are asking him to carry the load he will suck badly..

But regardless.. instead of saying this is a horrible contract you quickly inject your manlove Ryan Anderson into the conversation lol..

Blackace

I'd rather pay Ryno the max than give Fields that 20 mil deal, or give Jeff green that 40.

I would rather not have any of those contracts.. but if I had to take a BAD contract it would be JJ's max..

Blackace

I liked him as a person, loathed him as a player.

He had some nice moments, but he was a mediocre SF and a flat-out bad PF.

he isn't a good PF.. wish he would work on his handles more

squicken

we're almost to the promised land laker age!
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3629/victoryj.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

The whole thing with Dwight to LA I've never understood is why Bynum would sign and extension to play in a place that Shaq, T-Mac, and now Dwight all hate. It's not like it's the only way he can get a max deal.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The whole thing with Dwight to LA I've never understood is why Bynum would sign and extension to play in a place that Shaq, T-Mac, and now Dwight all hate. It's not like it's the only way he can get a max deal.

He wants be the #1 guy and the franchise player. In Orlando he'll get that.

$10 million for Jeff Green? He's one of the 20 worst players in the NBA. Does Ainge not realize this. Who else was giving him anything at all?

What. The. Fuck.

With Bynum's injury issues, I think he just wants his max extension and worry about everything else, later.

Blackace

I don't think Shaq hated Orl.. Not really sure about T-Mac, but didn't feel he hated it as well.. just they lost so many games after that great season before..

By retaining Lin The Knicks are basically waving the white flag for the next 3 or so years right?

The team is a mess, expensive and is about as good as they were last season. Cant even amnesty Amare.

Blackace

He's too small and not assertive enough to be a PF. I remember many times that he would play 30+ minutes and only snag 1 or 2 rebounds.

Yeah he is a bad PF... With better handles he could be a decent SF..

but not worth 10 per year..

I wonder why the Cz didn't offer Beaz..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Shaq doesn't hate the city. He still lives here. But yeah all 3 guys had issues with management.

Its a new front office now though. And Bynum likes money and will be the #1 guy on the team which is something he will never get in LA. Money solves lots of problems too.

Blackace

That's fine. He can give up on another team. I'm still so salty the way he acted when he got benched.

Also, if this trade goes through, does this mean D12 wants to stay with the Lakers?

I think the Lakers are fine with renting D12 for a season with Kobe and Nash on the roster...

Blackace

Shaq doesn't hate the city. He still lives here. But yeah all 3 guys had issues with management.

Its a new front office now though. And Bynum likes money and will be the #1 guy on the team which is something he will never get in LA. Money solves lots of problems too.

Shaq left as a free agent.. the only issue he had was he felt they "lowballed" him

Nelo Ice

Banned
It won't be a rental. Dwight won't leave LA for Atlanta.

Also, Green played most of his minutes in Boston as a SF. he still blew chunks.

He'll also have like 100 million reasons not lot leave unless he wants to form his own superteam with potentially CP3 and Smith in Atlanta :lol.

thekad

Banned
The Los Angeles Lakers are considering an offer from the Orlando Magic that would send Dwight Howard to L.A. in exchange for Andrew Bynum, a source close to the situation tells PepperOnSports.com.

I know, I know. You’ve heard it all before. Here’s the fun part:

The source says the Lakers have informed one player that he might be part of the package deal and that he could be traded at any moment.

The Lakers are “very interested” in acquiring Howard, according to the source.

Depending on which hour you inquire about a Bynum-for-Howard swap dictates the type of news you’ll get regarding the topic, so your guess is as good as mine. But as of Thursday afternoon pacific time, the Lakers front office phones were blazing hot with.

Whether or not the trade happens, it sure is courteous of the Lakers to give players with trade-potential a heads up in hopes of making a tough transition smoother. Stay classy, L.A.

So it's pretty much inevitable now, right?

Nash, Pau, Dwight. Unbelievable.

Cannot find the link so take it with giant grains of salt...

So the news I got from a very credible source was what most called and as I said was leaked all day.. Dwight to LA for Bynum.

The deal was contingent upon Dwight signing an extension was the only way LA would do the deal to make Dwight the new face as Kobe ages.

After the Nash deal went down.. Dwight agreed to extend with LA realizing Magic didn't want him in NJ.

LA spoke with Bynum and Bynum agreed he would sign long term with Orlando.

Today LA insisted before making it public they wanted their back specializest to re evaluate Dwights back.. Current, State and future injuries he could get.

LA got very concerned when their Dr today said although his back is recovering well, he feels there could be some concerns long term.

LA is still not turned off but it caused them to sit back for a few and re evaluate the trade.

Orlando is scared for them to wait and wants this done now! They do not want to put Dwight in the locker room nor do they want to let Bynum even play with Nash and give LA hope and leverage in a trade.

Jameers extension was linked because he really was fed up with Dwight and when he heard the trade was going down.. He put his butt in the seat he was waiting for.

Look at the rumors all day and you will see how people are hinting all over this.

One thing is for sure.. Dwight will not be goin to NJ no matter what people say or promise.. The magic want him out the East.

Nelo Ice

Banned
ATL? I thought he wanted to go to Nets

The Net's can't give him the $$ unless he wants the midlevel and they're going to have to get incredibly creative to trade their shit for him. So really his only option is LA or Atlanta with the cap space they'll have next season.

squicken

Yeah shouldn't have included Shaq on that. His thing was Penny and acting career. Still, can't Bynum get max money and be the #1 guy for most teams he would go to? The injury thing makes sense, but it seems silly to waste his leverage in choosing his destination just to help the Lakers

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would Dwight sign an extension? Doesn't he lose a ton of money if he resigns instead of becoming a FA?

Also wonder who the throw in player is. Not like anybody on the Lakers bench is worth shit.

Mothman91

Apparently Nash would not take too kindly to Jrich coming to us. Instead lets get Hill and see if we come out of nowhere to get Ray Ray since we always seem to get players out of of thin air.

??? what did he say exactly? or does it have to do with something that happened back when he was part of the Suns?

If Dwight is traded to anyone but the Nets, he cannot go to the Nets for anything but $3mil a season. Seriously.

I'd love to hear about where those rumors are from regarding the Bynum-Howard swap.

Can;t get there unless they trade him there.....

So yeah he's kinda at their mercy with that.

The Net's can't give him the $$ unless he wants the midlevel and they're going to have to get incredibly creative to trade their shit for him. So really his only option is LA or Atlanta with the cap space they'll have next season.

Totally forgot about caps...

But either way, if the trade goes down...

kobe-bryant-lakers-celebrate.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
If Dwight is traded to anyone but the Nets, he cannot go to the Nets for anything but $3mil a season. Seriously.

I'd love to hear about where those rumors are from regarding the Bynum-Howard swap.

From some poster on a magic forum. Normally I wouldnt believe it but after being on a Laker forum and hearing the news that Ariza was Laker long before anyone in the media got a hold of it anything is possible lol. Of course the poster who broke that news was Ariza's freaking agent in disguise.

edit:and from googling one of the lines I found a thread on LG which led me to this.
https://twitter.com/Jackie_Pepper/status/221062732164763648
Source tells me #Lakers notify player he might be sent to #Magic as part of Bynum-for-Howard deal. Full story: http://www.pepperonsports.com/

If its happening again would not be surprised since Mitch and co are gods are keeping this shit under wraps.

LuchaShaq

Banned
He wants be the #1 guy and the franchise player. In Orlando he'll get that.

? He is already the best player in LA he just is held down by a rich man's nick young jacking too many bad shots and not fitting well with Pau.

I'm 90% serious.

Chris Paul is the best player in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom