• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not buying the Dwight rumors. If the Lakers were really worried about Dwight's back they'd axe the deal without second thought. And also Howard and the Magic would be insane to allow the Lakers FO access to that information. If they got it anyway through illicit means I'd sue the heck out of the Lakers if I were the Magic.

I'm not buying the Dwight rumors. If the Lakers were really worried about Dwight's back they'd axe the deal without second thought. And also Howard and the Magic would be insane to allow the Lakers FO access to that information. If they got it anyway through illicit means I'd sue the heck out of the Lakers if I were the Magic.

Unless... you know... there is a deal going on.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Minny is not gonna roll without a backup center next year. Batum is staying in Portland.

Darko should be amnestied, but Batum never got an official offer. So we can just move on to other targets.

still 2 years for a guy that can't play anymore ...

They'd have to let the Lakers check it out otherwise the Lakers can rescind the trade after their own evaluation. Like what happened to Chandler.

Kennedy is like some 19 year old who goes to community college in Daytona Beach

he just retweets other people's shit

Who cares? He's built up sources and is accurate. And works with hoopsworld. Other reporters follow him, including NBA ones.

squicken

No trade ever happens without full medical disclosure by the players and teams.

giga

Another major change for Nash comes in the systems run by former coach Alvin Gentry in Phoenix and new coach Mike Brown in Los Angeles. Brown's teams typically have featured more structure and set play calling.

Nash believes with time, he and Brown can find the right balance.

"First of all, he's the coach and I want to do what he asks. But I spoke to him and I think he'll be open to ideas and thoughts, and working together. That's the great part about the job, is that we all get to work together and find a way to make each other better and find a way to put each other in position to succeed," he said. "I look forward to working with him with the offense, and seeing how I can hopefully help the offense run more efficiently and help those guys maybe get a little more space on the floor, maybe get a few more opportunities to get easy baskets and put pressure on the defense."
Lol Mike Brown ain't calling shit with Nash and Kobe now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"clutchfans Yes. RT @ARankin11 Do you believe Morey is going all in for Dwight Howard? "

wut lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Can't wait for Kobe to blame Dwight, and Nash for his 6 - 24 performance..

Also will Nash hit on Kobe's wife?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Here you go Red Blaster since you distrust Kennedy for some crazy reason.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Reporting in real time, folks: impeccable source just texted of Brandon Roy, "It's minn". @jwquick had it first. Deal is 2 yrs, $10.4M.

I love the Lowry trade. If the Raps make the playoffs the next five seasons (Valanciunas era, believe ) the Rockets get nothing. Even if the Raps give up the pick, next year's draft is trash and they'll probably be in the 10-14 range if they fall short. Lowry would be the best case scenario for a pick in that territory anyway.

But more importantly, it shows the Raps are finally serious about ditching the sissyball and fielding a team of guys who can actually rebound and defend. If Colangelo makes magic happen and pulls off that Igoudala trade, I love what this lineup looks like:

Lowry/ Bayless
Fields/ Ross
Iggy/Johnson
Bargnani/ ADVANCED STAT
Valanciunas the destroyer

I could totally watch that team.
Do it, Philly!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
For 2/10 they ain't asking him to play starters minutes.

He'll probably come off the bench for 20ish minutes a night. Anything more than that is crazy.

Either way overpaid or not just happy to see Roy back in the league.

NomarTyme

Kogepan

I love the Lowry trade. If the Raps make the playoffs the next five seasons (Valanciunas era, believe ) the Rockets get nothing. Even if the Raps give up the pick, next year's draft is trash and they'll probably be in the 10-14 range if they fall short. Lowry would be the best case scenario for a pick in that territory anyway.

But more importantly, it shows the Raps are finally serious about ditching the sissyball and fielding a team of guys who can actually rebound and defend. If Colangelo makes magic happen and pulls off that Igoudala trade, I love what this lineup looks like:

Lowry/ Bayless
Fields/ Ross
Iggy/Johnson
Bargnani/ ADVANCED STAT
Valanciunas the destroyer

I could totally watch that team.
Do it, Philly!

Lowry is better than all the FA PG getting tossed around, so yeah, thats a nice get. But Fields is totally overpriced...you could get much better players for 8+ million/year this FA summer.

But why would Philly do this trade? Makes no sense for them.

Sanjuro

Sounds like we are about to sign Jeff Green. Having a nice little offseason here.

Chiming in on the Lakers deal. I don't think it's a great deal, but it's business as usual for the Lakers. That is the type of signing they are known to make.

...then there is the Knicks...

JoeFu

Banned
Derek Fisher had also been in talks with the Knicks, but he is now expected to look elsewhere.

The Nets are now among the front-runners to sign Fisher, along with the Mavericks, the Chicago Bulls, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Fisher, who won five titles with the Lakers, joined the Thunder in February and was a key part of the rotation for Oklahoma City, which lost to the Miami Heat in the finals.

nonononononononononononononnononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

Derek Fisher had also been in talks with the Knicks, but he is now expected to look elsewhere.

The Nets are now among the front-runners to sign Fisher, along with the Mavericks, the Chicago Bulls, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Fisher, who won five titles with the Lakers, joined the Thunder in February and was a key part of the rotation for Oklahoma City, which lost to the Miami Heat in the finals.

just develop our young players, what would be the point of signing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom