• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHA WTF. Cuban so salty?

mark-cuban.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
? He is already the best player in LA he just is held down by a rich man's nick young jacking too many bad shots and not fitting well with Pau.

I'm 90% serious.

I agree with you but when they win a title he's just a guy. He's also treated as a villain for being a bitch (and to be honest rightfully so) but I'm sure he doesn't appreciate that either.

He can go to Orlando and do what neither Shaq nor Dwight ever did. Win a title. I'm sure somebody in the Magic FO would be telling him that.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah I wanna see what Cuban said as well. I mean it seems like nobody is doing anything different after the lockout, actually it seems like it's getting worse...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
A reporter with actual sources other than agents trying to play games through the media? Interesting.

Quick has been a breath of fresh air this past year now that he is not doing the Oregonian beat anymore. He has made (on his own will) a promise not to report a story unless he can name who the source is in public. He very very rarely comments on a subject without naming his source. It makes his job more difficult, but you know exactly where his opinion lies and where he got his information from.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't believe Jordan didn't have dinner with a fellow Tar Heel.

SpearsNBAYahoo
Jamison has also been talking to @warriors GM Bob Myers, his old agent, in recent days. The ex-Warrior to talk to coach Mark Jackson soon.

Pants down, Man down!

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Jamison is intrigued by veteran role with Bobcats, but he works out in off-season with @StephenCurry30 and loves @warriors improving roster.

Why is Jamison under the false impression that he actually matters anymore?

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
According to The Oregonian's @jwquick, Brandon Roy has picked the Wolves. Just filed a story quoting Roy's agent saying he hasn't decided...

ruh roh.

Has anyone else even talked to Roy, though?

Talked with agent earlier tonight. He said finalists are Dallas, GS, Minny, Indy & Cleveland. Chicago out. Up soon on http://NBA.com.

Don't doubt Quick's reporting for a second. He obviously knows Brandon & family. Just telling you what agent said, & reiterated minutes ago

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
If Roy deal is for >~$3M, Wolves would have to amnesty Manna From Heaven to give Batum his $11M/yr

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I guess Mitch isn't worried about Howard staying long term it's his back.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-lakers-afraid-of-howards-back

Sources close to the Lakers say they are not bothered by Howard’s reluctance to commit long-term to the team. They understand that Howard stands to make significantly more money as a free agent after this season, signing a five-year deal versus adding on just three years to his current contract.

The Lakers are confident that once in Los Angeles, and in possession of his Bird Rights, Howard would ultimately re-sign with the team.

So what’s the hurdle?

The Lakers biggest concern is the status of Howard’s back, which the source indicates they believe has been healing “very slowly.”

Howard’s surgeon Dr. Robert Watkins, out of Los Angeles, is affiliated with the Lakers. Under normal privacy laws, a doctor cannot reveal the status of his patient to an outside party but if the Lakers were doing their due diligence at the permission of the Magic and Howard, perhaps there’s something they saw to scare them off.

Pkaz01

I'm still frustrated suns didnt even look at roy. Worst case scenario was he gets injured again and the tank goes on. But why minnesota?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
Brandon Roy has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to sources. Link coming.

Well worth the risk.

Lillard
Matthews
Batum
LMA
Hibbert

That could be pretty good if Lillard doesn't play the worst player in the NBA.

edit: Not fully buying Kennedy but that would be a terrible move from the Wolves

JoeFu

Banned
And the Mavs still can't sign anybody. This is stupid. I hope we don't get stuck with Sessions or anyone like that and just gain more financial flexibility, the front office sure loves financial flexibility!!!

About MLE level. Does this take them out of the Batum sweepstakes?

They can still get him by amnestying Darko.

2 years, $10 mil ain't bad. I'd prefer $3 per year, but it's a low risk, high reward move. And Batum will be matched, so it's not like there were many other places to look other than Courtney Lee.

edit: Not fully buying Kennedy but that would be a terrible move from the Wolves

I've yet to see Kennedy report incorrectly. he's pretty on target. Not sure why it's terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom