• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman M

Brandon Roy will play a game for every 3pt shot that John Wall makes

image.php

Piecake

I thought they were planning on using him as a bench guy or something, 20 minutes a game or so

Seems like a lot

We need a real 2 guard to play in front of him...

I like the signing. Its definitely a gamble, but 5 mil isnt so bad. Thats basically Webster, and Roy on no knees is still better than him with about the same amount of injury concerns. I am pretty much banking on that no man would want to play in pain and ruin their life after basketball further just to make a bit more money

I think this means that we are probably not going to be getting Batum though (for whatever reason). I would be perfectly fine with Lee or Sved

^^ I might even prefer Lee. We might have to give up a player or pick to get him if they do budge.

When they met with him last week, the team's head trainer was there. If they were worried about his knees holding up to a physical, I don't think they sign him.

I don't trust our medical staff

Only staff I trust less would be POR

Hopefully he holds up

Ric Bucher confirmed on ESPN Kidd said he chose NY because he viewed more of a role for himself with a better roster around him. He also said he was interested in mentoring Jeremy Lin.

"I think I can help," Kidd told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, adding that he felt the Knicks have more "pieces to work with."

With the Mavericks confident they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

The contract can't be signed until July 11, which is the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source said, that Kidd ultimately could move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

Sources briefed on the matter told ESPN.com that Kidd ultimately was swayed to take the Knicks' offer to go to New York, and take on the challenge of trying to help the Knicks move into the Eastern Conference elite and mentor fans' darling Jeremy Lin.
Also looks like the Knicks are trying to S&T with the Mavs for Kidd so they can save their mini MLE.
... didn't I say that 3-4 hours ago?
what the fuck did Roy do to you?
Did Roy play for Duke and I wasn't aware of it?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ric Bucher confirmed on ESPN Kidd said he chose NY because he viewed more of a role for himself with a better roster around him. He also said he was interested in mentoring Jeremy Lin.

I love Kidd's game... Prime Kidd was sooooooo damn good. He is easily one of the top 5 PGs to play the game.

If Lin could learn from him it would be nuts...

But really Kidd is still a better PG than Lin and needs mins to really do something..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Dunno guess I must have missed it.

Also the Mavs won a title 2 years ago. Kidd saying the Knicks have a better chance of competing is just god damn. Sadly true but still crazy.

Blackace

Dunno guess I must have missed it.

Also the Mavs won a title 2 years ago. Kidd saying the Knicks have a better chance of competing is just god damn. Sadly true but still crazy.

If Kidd was 5 years younger and joined the Knicks roster today I would say it would be a show down in the east between the Heat and Knicks.. They have so much firepower just no one to channel it...

I love Kidd's game... Prime Kidd was sooooooo damn good. He is easily one of the top 5 PGs to play the game.

If Lin could learn from him it would be nuts...

But really Kidd is still a better PG than Lin and needs mins to really do something..
Play Lin and Kidd at the same time. It's not like the Knicks have a great option at the 2.

Blackace

How much is Kidd going to cost them? Seems like an absolute waste to me.

Again... it depends if they plan to use him 25 to 30 mins a game or really try to split his time with Lin..

If they are splitting his time it is a waste.. if they are rolling the dice on a playoff run with Kidd steering the ship it might be worth it..

Play Lin and Kidd at the same time. It's not like the Knicks have a great option at the 2.
Kidd can't play 35 minutes a night anymore, he'd be done by February.

I figure he plays 24-28 a night, keep in mind during Linsanity Lin was playing almost 40 a night. It wasn't until Carmelo and STAT came back they really tried to cap his minutes at 34 max.
How much is Kidd going to cost them? Seems like an absolute waste to me.
3 years $9 mill total. Same contract Dallas offered.

Sanjuro

Again... it depends if they plan to use him 25 to 30 mins a game or really try to split his time with Lin..

If they are splitting his time it is a waste.. if they are rolling the dice on a playoff run with Kidd steering the ship it might be worth it..

There is still a pretty good chance that the Knicks don't even try and match Lin's offer.

3 years $9 mill total. Same contract Dallas offered.

Oh, wow.

Blackace

I figure he plays 24-28 a night, keep in mind during Linsanity Lin was playing almost 40 a night. It wasn't until Carmelo and STAT came back they really tried to cap his minutes at 34 max.

still 28 mins is a large chunk of the game..

JR is going to be the 6th man and Shump will be back in January. I'm not saying to play Kidd more than 25mins but somebody has to play with Lin in the backcourt.

giri

I'm still frustrated suns didnt even look at roy. Worst case scenario was he gets injured again and the tank goes on. But why minnesota?

wtf

want no part of roy.

I assume the wolves did it to save on tax, they'll claims roys salary as a charitable donation to a cripples fund.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You can pay Lin the max and still get the money back

Its just that you won't actually win shit

Nelo Ice

Banned
From beyond the grave heres some info from Clovingwestbrook.
edit:Guy may be a fake damnit Cloving!
https://twitter.com/#!/WiessD

David Wiess ‏@WiessD
To be clear this is not a done deal yet, but source tells me @DwightHoward could become a Laker sometime over the weekend.

David Wiess ‏@WiessD
Source: After speaking w/ Kobe & Nash and liking what he heard, @DwightHoward has told the @Lakers he'll sign contract extension with them.

Sanjuro

According to ESPN, sounds like the Knicks have matched.

The New York Knicks will match the Houston Rockets' offer to Jeremy Lin, if only because they might lose half their fan base to Brooklyn if they don't.

Oh, fuck this article.

Blackace

If Lin is worth the max then Ryan Anderson is worth the max plus more multiple sources told me personally

... why do you have such hatred in your heart?

Embrace Linsanity and everything in you life will fall into place. You'll get a girlfriend who doesn't want to kill you, Army people won't be screwing you over, even your taste in videogames will improve and you'll play good ones instead of the shitty anime ones you play now.

jeremy-lin-linsanity.jpg

giri

People get that the knicks can't not match Lin, right?

I don't think he's a great PG or anything, but that team needs A PG. And he's their only option.

And he may just help them pay for Amare's knee's.

People get that the knicks can't not match Lin, right?

I don't think he's a great PG or anything, but that team needs A PG. And he's their only option.

And he may just help them pay for Amare's knee's.
Never mind the fact that by inking Kidd is like getting an Offensive Coach, dude knows more on running an offense than anyone on the Knicks sidelines.

Blackace

... why do you have such hatred in your heart?

Embrace Linsanity and everything in you life will fall into place. You'll get a girlfriend who doesn't want to kill you, Army people won't be screwing you over, even your taste in videogames will improve and you'll play good ones instead of the shitty anime ones you play now.

jeremy-lin-linsanity.jpg

never listen to Frankman..

Lin-Ipad-fans.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom