• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
knicks had a worse record before melo.they made the playoffs because of him.

No, they made the playoffs because of Lin.

If Lin didn't reel of that win streak by himself, then the NY media comes back around after the Superbowl win and eats Carmelo alive. The Knicks were dead in the water until Lin came around and you know it.

Darkman M

Denver walked away like a bandit in that Anthony trade. Period. They'll be a playoff team for years to come and they're extremely young whereas Carmelo is a financial blackhole on top of being a ballstopper.

Denver did very well in that trade no argument there, but Denver will be stuck with being a good team with alot of good players and not a championship contender until they get a superstar.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Melo was pretty bad most of the year last year, and came on strong towards then end. I don't think Melo has a winners mentality or great work ethic, but Josh Smith is not a better basketball player and never will be, this is getting ridiculous. If Melo ever decides to give a shit he has the talent josh smith could never dream of having.

All Carmelo has ever been able to do is score. That's it. But he can't even do that without completely killing his team's offense. He's a bigger assclown than JAX when it comes to that and that should get you your own segment on Dateline.

Josh Smith might be dumbass, but he balls the fuck out on the boards and on defense. This is like comparing Chuckbrick to Monta Ellis.
I like where this discussion is going. Can we turn the "Carlie A is holding back Knick superstar Jeremy Lin" meme into a commonly held assumption by the time the season starts?

I'm saying yes.
I still can't believe the Knicks traded their franchise player for Carmelo Anthony

I like this.

masud

Banned
aqkOVo.gif

Say it ain't so Ray Ray...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
@KBergCBS
The Celtics and Jeff Green have agreed to the framework of a deal, his agent, David Falk, told @CBSSports.

This should be good.

The same old argument that still stands. The Knicks are at best a second round exit and will be for years to come. He isn't winning a chip with either, but at least Denver can rebuild. NY is stuck with him.

They've won 1 playoff game in the Carlie A era. Where are you getting this "second round" stuff?

Godslay

Banned
yea but they had a better chance with him.wcf 09 btw.

I like our team much better now. Melo wasn't going to get it done. They built a pretty solid team around him that year and came close.

Moving forward though, I'm personally glad we got rid of Melo, Swish, and KMart. They were the core of the "thuggets". They had zero mental toughness, and when the going got tough they would collapse. Look at the year that followed the 09' WCF. Great regular season, Karl goes down with cancer, Denver proceeds to get destroyed by the Jazz because Dantley couldn't work Karl's magic with the team. We even had Billups who by all accounts is a damn good leader, and couldn't get these jokers to fight back.

With the readdition of Chandler, the emergence of Faried, and solid contributions from Lawson, Gallo, and the like we are a solid and balanced team. If someone can rise out of these guys on a consistent basis then we have a solid playoff team. I'm still curious if a consistent, balanced team can win deep in the playoffs and if everyone is healthy we might get a chance to find out this year.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Got any updates on Rubio?

That's only the first part of the movie.

It ends with Roy teaching Willie B everything he knows and then riding his wheelchair off into the sunset.

Doctors are happy with his progress, but you know how this ACL stuff is ... Since his game is not based on explosiveness he'll look like himself earlier than other ACL cases but its a tough injury and my guess is that the biggest change will be his shot taking. His set shot is good but its his motion jumpers that are broken, so he cant work on that while hurt.

Hes walking around without crutches though, hell be running around soon, last I heard.

SamuraiX-

Joe Maloof ‏@JoeMaloof
Cousins, Tyreke & Thornton are all working very hard this summer. Isaiah is getting everybody together.
Joe Maloof ‏@JoeMaloof
I’m very positive about our team’s work ethic this summer.

I could never have imagined how much Isaiah Thomas could've meant to this team when we picked him @ #60. I love the kid.

shira

Doctors are happy with his progress, but you know how this ACL stuff is ... Since his game is not based on explosiveness he'll look like himself earlier than other ACL cases but its a tough injury and my guess is that the biggest change will be his shot taking. His set shot is good but its his motion jumpers that are broken, so he cant work on that while hurt.

Hes walking around without crutches though, hell be running around soon, last I heard.
He WAS one of the fastest players based on those on court cameras.
I don't see him getting half as many steals

When you use some made up advanced stats matrix, PFs will always score higher than guards. They tend to shoot at a higher percentage, rebound more, block more shots and turn over the ball less.

But then maybe that's why Morey the Wizard keeps stockpiling PFs because according to his magical formulas, PFs are better than guards.
It's as if great big men are more impactful than great guards.

He WAS one of the fastest players based on those on court cameras.
I don't see him getting half as many steals
Good point...

I'm not banking on him being effective this year. Year after next is the real test.

charsace

When Melo isn't going 3-15 or taking 29 shots in a game, what is he doing?

He doesn't help you in anyway. The best the Knicks ever looked last year was when Melo was gone completely. I don't even think the Knicks have a winning record with Carmelo yet. They're supposed to be a super team, but they're the biggest failure at such a thing in a decade. Even the Wizards Big 3 was a better team.

Last year Melo played good man defense and he's always been an effective rebounder.

SamuraiX-

The final 12 roster spots for Team USA will be announced today @ 4pm PST on NBA TV:

TurnerSportsPR ‏@TurnerSportsPR
NBA TV’s Olympic coverage is just beginning –watch the USAB Selection Show presented by Burger King at 7pm ET w/@matt_winer & @steve21smith

Brian Windhorst ESPN 4:04PM

Camby's current starting point for salary, sources said, is $3 million per season on a multiyear deal. The only way for the Heat to make that work is a sign-and-trade with the Houston Rockets, who own Camby's rights. The Rockets, however, are interested in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks but not with the Heat, sources told ESPN.com.

The Knicks, sources said, have had discussions with the Rockets about Camby and the Dallas Mavericks about a sign-and-trade for free agent Jason Kidd, who agreed to join the Knicks earlier this week. The Knicks are hoping to make a sign-and-trade deal for one of them and use their $3.09 mid-level exception to sign the other
Knicks should send Jerome Jordan to Houston, he's a C/PF.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
he would get paid more than Rondo?

Rondo made 10 mil this year, looking at 11 next season.

I really can't believe Danny Ainge would be so stupid to give a guy whos never been any good for any team and is coming off a major health condition 10 million a year. It's still rumored to be that afaik, I can't find anything concrete on the deal anywhere but it'd be beyond moronic.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
KBergCBS
Also, there is another team entering the Camby mix: The Nets. Sources say Brooklyn GM Billy King is pursuing Camby "pretty hard."

Knicks gonna miss out again

squicken

I hope Morey accommodates Camby. He really wanted to come to HOU last year. He was campaigning for Dragic to come back. To stay with "us" as he said.

masud

Banned
We cant do a sign and trade for Camby and Kidd right? That would put us over the hard cap apron I think. Idk I'd take Foye over Camby with this roster, but I sure as fuck dont want Camby going to the Nets or Heat...

masud

Banned
KBergCBS
Also, there is another team entering the Camby mix: The Nets. Sources say Brooklyn GM Billy King is pursuing Camby "pretty hard."

Knicks gonna miss out again

The Nets have used their MLE and anyone they could use in a s&t is being reserved for a Dwight trade.

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Nets, San Antonio and maybe Dallas also in mix for Camby. Told that Knicks as "frontrunner" too strong a term.

Hopefully he stays out west and we sign Foye.

He wants picks or PFs
Trade Camby for Jordan.
after December 15 trade Camby back to Houston for a 1st
Both teams win
We cant do a sign and trade for Camby and Kidd right? That would put us over the hard cap apron I think. Idk I'd take Foye over Camby with this roster, but I sure as fuck dont want Camby going to the Nets or Heat...
Hell, I'd take Lee over Camby. KNICKS DO NOT NEED ANOTHER BENCH PF. They need a SG who can hit a jumper and I daresay Foye and Lee can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom