• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

If he was trash why are you mad he didn't resign with you? Would you only be happy if he signed with the fuckin Bobcats? It would have been like Laker fans getting mad at Fisher for signing with the Thunder. I didn't give a shit, Fisher was toast and we didn't want him back, so more power to him. Maybe this is why Boston can't get any good free agents to sign with the Celtics. "Hey come to Boston! Help us win a title, and when you leave, we'll have the Boston Globe throw you under the bus and our fans will call you a traitor!"

That happens primarily for the Red Sox, it's been a problem for years. Most people don't buy into it. Some will get caught up in the sports radio discussions.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
The "team concept" that traded Perkins? The "team concept" that tried to ship Ray's own ass out a few times? The "team concept" that even tried to trade Rondo on a couple of occasions? The "team concept" that had Avery Bradley starting and signed Jason Terry, leaving Ray with no real place on the team? Everyone's out for themselves, including Ainge and the Celtics, except for whatever reason people think players are selfish assholes when they do it.

Just end this stupid debate now because Scooter just wrote a response that is bulletproof. Get over it cry babies. He went to a team that wanted him more and that will give him an opportunity to compete for rings.

charsace

By losing at home to the worst team of all-time?

tS3Hq.jpg

kj3k9.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ahahaha...I forgot Pringles was one of the coaches for Team USA. Him and Melo under one roof yet again? For the entire summer? Glorious.

Dun dun dun........LOL. I think you meant he can shoot the 3, right? RIGHT?
Having watched both, he is far more versatile and explosive. He always wants the ball at end game, as well. Better jumpshooter, looks for contact more, and yes he has a little post game. Hes also a better offensive rebounder.

KG is a better distributor no doubt, but Love trumps him in scoring.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Is this the part where some fans jump to the fervent defense of Allen's honor, as if they've loved him since long before he signed with their favorite team?

But seriously, fuck the concept of loyalty. The franchises don't care about these players at all.

Were there any Heat fans bitching about Nash going to the Lakers?

I'm loving how the "class act" guy is being revised into this fame hungry and jealous, piece of shit prima dona.

I know I never gave a shit. I was actually glad that Nash proved the armchair experts here who know all about him and his mind wrong.

As far as your second sentence, I've come to expect this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Is this the part where some fans jump to the fervent defense of Allen's honor, as if they've loved him since long before he signed with their favorite team?

There's no such thing as a Bucks fan.

linsivvi

Wait, did our resident advanced stats expert just called KG a better player than Kobe and top 10 in the NBA?

That must go hand in hand with his Josh Smith top 10 claim.

Emwitus

Having watched both, he is far more versatile and explosive. He always wants the ball at end game, as well. Better jumpshooter, looks for contact more, and yes he has a little post game. Hes also a better offensive rebounder.

KG is a better distributor no doubt, but Love trumps him in scoring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8jjcJUkco&feature=related

Please watch this performance against LA in the playoffs. Garnett has always been a superb mid range jump shooter plus has a far superior post game to love. Super-tier mid range shooter if you ask me. He carried minnesota ALOT offensively and defensively.

EDIT: And younger garnett was explosive too. Had a quick step and could take the ball to the rim off the dribble far more than older garnett.

Nawl its the part where people call out the clowns who use bullshit narratives and weak ass "he wasn't a team player" excuses to shit on a guy that not only helped them win a ring but was constantly tried to be gotten rid of.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't understand why people are mad at Ray Allen? It's 2012, and "loyalty" is dead. The Celtics would have had no problem trading him, if it meant making their team better, and he responded with the same attitude. I also don't understand the idea people had that Ray was some great guy who wouldn't do this shit.

Hell, Steve Nash pushed for a trade to the Lakers just a week or so after he said he wouldn't because he was "old school". The Heat are the favorites to repeat anyway, so this doesn't change much.

I don't understand why people are mad at Ray Allen? It's 2012, and "loyalty" is dead. The Celtics would have had no problem trading him, if it meant making their team better, and he responded with the same attitude. I also don't understand the idea people had that Ray was some great guy who wouldn't do this shit.

Hell, Steve Nash pushed for a trade to the Lakers just a week or so after he said he wouldn't because he was "old school". The Heat are the favorites to repeat anyway, so this doesn't change much.
Steve Nash also thinks he's Batman.

Also considering your Kane obsession I don't think you're qualified to speak about this matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8jjcJUkco&feature=related

Please watch this performance against LA in the playoffs. Garnett has always been a superb mid range jump shooter plus has a far superior post game to love. Super-tier mid range shooter if you ask me. He carried minnesota ALOT offensively and defensively.

EDIT: And younger garnett was explosive too. Had a quick step and could take the ball to the rim off the dribble far more than older garnett.
You're telling me this like I'm not a Wolves fan. Love is a more explosive scorer than Garnett.

I already said he destroys Love defensively.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Who cares about this stupid Garnett vs Live argument?

If you had to pick one of them TODAY you would pick Love because hes not 397545687 years old.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Roy plans to move his wife and two young children to Minnesota, planning that it will be his future beyond the contract's two years. When asked by the Wolves at the meeting about the prospect of living in the frozen north, Roy answered that he wants his kids to experience a white Christmas.

This is going to be so heartbreaking when it doesn't work.

DY_nasty

Who cares about this stupid Garnett vs Live argument?

If you had to pick one of them TODAY you would pick Love because hes not 397545687 years old.
Got any updates on Rubio?
This is going to be so heartbreaking when it doesn't work.

That's only the first part of the movie.

It ends with Roy teaching Willie B everything he knows and then riding his wheelchair off into the sunset.

Wait, did our resident advanced stats expert just called KG a better player than Kobe and top 10 in the NBA?

That must go hand in hand with his Josh Smith top 10 claim.

Why not? KG plays excellent D, rebounds well and can still score pretty efficiently whereas Kobe these days just takes a ton of shots at pretty average efficiency.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
That's only the first part of the movie.

It ends with Roy teaching Willie B everything he knows and then riding his wheelchair off into the sunset.

But he looked awesome working out against Yi's chair.
Bayno worked Roy out in the spring and said Roy looked almost like the old player that was a three-time All-Star for the Blazers, though he didn’t have quite the lift or explosiveness he had before.
“What the doctors have told us is he’s cleared without restrictions,” Lawrence said earlier Thursday, before Roy’s decision was finalized and made public. “He feels really good. I wouldn’t say that him working out replicates the grind of a season … but one of the things he’s adamant about is, I don’t want to come back and be just another player. He’s not coming back to be a 10, 15-minute guy. He wants to help a team. He’s not going to be chasing a ring.”

He feels really good!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Larry Miller has quit as Portland Trail Blazers president, and will return to Nike, team says in statement.

Guess he doesn't want any part of Roy Hibbert Max.

linsivvi

Why not? KG plays excellent D, rebounds well and can still score pretty efficiently whereas Kobe these days just takes a ton of shots at pretty average efficiency.

When you use some made up advanced stats matrix, PFs will always score higher than guards. They tend to shoot at a higher percentage, rebound more, block more shots and turn over the ball less.

But then maybe that's why Morey the Wizard keeps stockpiling PFs because according to his magical formulas, PFs are better than guards.

DY_nasty

I guess the cats can't really be considered an nba team, so yeah.

If you want to play that game - We weren't the team loaning out the company jet so that our franchise player could stand trial for rape and get back in time to play.

If you don't - Knicks, Hawks, Hornets, Rockets, Nets, Kings, Warriors

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If you want to play that game - We weren't the team loaning out the company jet so that our franchise player could stand trial for rape and get back in time to play.

If you don't - Knicks, Hawks, Hornets, Rockets, Nets, Kings, Warriors
Shit, I totally forgot about the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom