• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's not a game?

53057_o.gif

TylerD

Got the Thunder text about Harden making the team. A little unexpected but very cool to have 3 Thunderers repping the USA.

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Eric Gordon was hurt by the fact that USA's roster is overloaded with seven guards and they thought he was a little rusty, source said.

Jeez, who knew this little Nancy was so sensitive?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SpearsNBAYahoo
Jerry Colangelo said @SacramentoKings DeMarcus Cousins has some growing up to do if he wants to be a part of @usabasketball in the future.

Vire

qJxyh.jpg

Why does nobody look like they give a fuck besides Paul and Chandler? lol

I watched the press conference, Blake was pretty giddy, as was Westbrook.

I guess the younger guys, or the new ones are obviously more excited.

Iggy looks like someone shit in his breakfast though...

i actually think Favors would have been really good on the team

I think Millsap would have been interesting because he seems to destroy thin forwards when matched up against them (and he could face a lot of those in the Olympics) and his long twos would become threes. He's also so great all-around on offense that I think he could fit with any personnel (though especially Deron because of the chemistry). He also plays Pau pretty good...Too bad none of the guys on the team are high-profile enough, meh.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8jjcJUkco&feature=related

Please watch this performance against LA in the playoffs. Garnett has always been a superb mid range jump shooter plus has a far superior post game to love. Super-tier mid range shooter if you ask me. He carried minnesota ALOT offensively and defensively.

EDIT: And younger garnett was explosive too. Had a quick step and could take the ball to the rim off the dribble far more than older garnett.

KG was a superb mid range jump shooter, but you rarely had to worry about him going off for 35 points on you.

He'd get 15-25 almost every night, and he'd probably do it by scoring 5-8 points every quarter. But a 30 point performance wasn't that common (only 84 30+ point games and 4 40+ point games in 1255 regular season games).

Edit: Just checked basketball-reference, and KG has 726 games with 15-25 points, which is more than anyone else. (550 with MN, and 176 with boston)

Love has 24 30 point games and 4 40 point games (and 1 50 point game, which KG never did). KG is undoubtedly the better passer, and I think both Love and KG are about the same on the defensive glass, though I might give the edge to Love. Offensive rebounds go to Love, steals and blocks go to KG, and defense goes to KG.

On offense, KG is basically Karl Malone with his range moved out 3-5 feet, less ability to get to the free throw line, but more active without the ball, as well.

Love is... well, I'm not sure what he is. Sometimes he's a stretch PF, other times he's a "pound the ball inside and grind it out" type. It's a play by play thing :p

Vire

Serious question, with all that fucking money, there is nothing LeBron can do to fix his hair situation artificially?

If you ain't coming on home mang, upgrade the current venue.

I think he's waiting till he's out of the media spotlight to do the hair transplant. (AKA after the Olympics).

I believe he said as much.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Cp3 - Deron
Kobe - Westbrook
Durant - Melo
Lebron - Griffin
Chandler - Love

With Harden and Iggy as the other 2 players is my guess as to what the team will be.

Just don't see Davis making it without the committee panicking about not having a 2nd 7 footer.

I don't see Gordon getting it over Harden with his injury history and well, he sucked balls in international play last time. Gay has a shot, but I think they will value Iggy's defense.

edit: Of course the AP breaks the story as I post that, lol.

I think it should be cp3, Melo, Lebron, Love, Chandler.

Love goes without saying, but Melo is perfect for international basketball.

Kobe really, really shouldn't be on this team, at all. Let alone starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom