• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
That, i agree with.

What is Batum's contract up to now?

TBH, he's probably worth 10M per... but much more.... i dunno.

The Wolves offer is 4 years, $45M, but I think Hollinger said they couldn't actually offer that much. So I don't know what's up.

IF he pulls off the dwight deal... then... it forgives. A lot.
especially if it can get JJ excited about winning bball again. And not just running around at a fitness camp.

a starting 5 of williams, johnson, wallace, ilyasova, and howard would be pretty nasty on paper. but I honestly wouldn't trust that team to stay healthy

a starting 5 of williams, johnson, wallace, ilyasova, and howard would be pretty nasty on paper. but I honestly wouldn't trust that team to stay healthy

ilyasova agreed to stay with Bucks.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
New York and Brooklyn are frontrunners in sign-and-trade talks to acquire Houston's Marcus Camby, league sources tell Y!

If Nets do this, they're out of it for Howard, I'd imagine.

As @KBergCBS reports, Cleveland's legit 3rd-team scenario for Kris Humphries. Cavs want draft pick sweetener to take him on, sources tell Y!

giri

didn't ilyasova end up with the bucks?

if he's on the nets, with the others.

jesus christ, chicago are all of a sudden, a very long way behind.

squicken

I get the feeling nothing is happening soon.

Max Lopez or 1 year rental for Bynum in a tankmode season? It feels like hes trying to get the Rockets or some other team to step up an offer under the pretense that they're going to miss out if they don't.

I don't understand why Orlando fans would want any part of a Nets trade. The ideal trade is Bynum assuming he extends. And even if he doesn't, bank on him not walking away from an extra $20m

After that, why wouldn't you want the HOU deal with all the young players and a multitude of picks, plus getting rid of a bunch of contracts?

linsivvi

Kobe Bryant has never seen a shot opportunity he hasn't liked. You don't even have to look at the stats to see that. It's like you've never watched him play basketball.

Yeah he's never passed the ball back. Do I need to post a montage of his passing? Nah, I won't even bother.

Keep posting your Ryan Anderson advanced stats pictures. It's hilarious.

I still think Ryan Anderson is a really good player even though he's a choker.

But, if you're the Magic, might as well get as bad as possible and get a top 3 pick.

SamuraiX-

Isaiah Thomas ‏@Isaiah_Thomas2
I hope we resign @TheRealTWill #KingsAllDay

Me too, IT. Me too. :3

I'd honestly be content with this free agency signing period if we could just resign JT and T-Will. Fuck all these horrible contracts.

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agency-diary
07/08/2012 7:05 PM EST Eric Pincus:

Sources say both the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets have clear paths lined up to trade for Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic. While it’s been long presumed the Magic would just naturally want a center like Andrew Bynum or Brook Lopez in return, that’s not necessarily a given.

The Magic are going through the rebuilding process and the notion of signing players to long-term maximum (or near-max) contracts isn’t especially appealing. Perhaps the model of what Orlando is looking for would be the haul the Denver Nuggets got for Carmelo Anthony – young players, picks, etc.

The Lakers and Nets both have third teams involved. They’re also not the only teams pursuing Howard. Nothing is imminent to speak of.

At some point Orlando is going to need to make a decision. Extended delay will take the Nets out of the picture as free agents Kris Humphries, Lopez and others won’t wait all summer.

When they say Bynum is giving no indication, they mean his AGENT is giving no indication.

You think someone contacted Bynum? Rr he told one of his friends and they said something?

This is his agent trying to pull leverage or whatever. Agents do this all the time. With the exception of a scenario like Dwight, where he's been explicit, it's the agents talking because they want to make as much money as possible. This doesn't mean Bynum actually won't sign an extension or that he's said as much.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Many speculating that Cavs are team that would take Kris Humphries as part of DH12 deal 2 Nets. But told "nothing substantive" with Cavs now

lol

edit: Lakers have a 3rd team involved? hmm..maybe jRich going somewhere else?

07/08/2012 7:05 PM EST Eric Pincus:

Sources say both the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets have clear paths lined up to trade for Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic. While it’s been long presumed the Magic would just naturally want a center like Andrew Bynum or Brook Lopez in return, that’s not necessarily a given.

The Magic are going through the rebuilding process and the notion of signing players to long-term maximum (or near-max) contracts isn’t especially appealing. Perhaps the model of what Orlando is looking for would be the haul the Denver Nuggets got for Carmelo Anthony – young players, picks, etc.

The Lakers and Nets both have third teams involved. They’re also not the only teams pursuing Howard. Nothing is imminent to speak of.

At some point Orlando is going to need to make a decision. Extended delay will take the Nets out of the picture as free agents Kris Humphries, Lopez and others won’t wait all summer.

Orlando doesn't need to make any decision Eric, Dwight taking the season off to "rehab" his back and then walking next summer is their best course of action.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
When they say Bynum is giving no indication, they mean his AGENT is giving no indication.

You think someone contacted Bynum? Rr he told one of his friends and they said something?

This is his agent trying to pull leverage or whatever. Agents do this all the time. With the exception of a scenario like Dwight, where he's been explicit, it's the agents talking because they want to make as much money as possible. This doesn't mean Bynum actually won't sign an extension or that he's said as much.

Feel like I'm missing something here. Don't agents make a percentage of whatever their client gets and wouldn't the Magic be able to offer Bynum more money and do it right now (before a potentially blown out knee or whatever) instead of waiting for a deal in the offseason. Why wouldn't an agent want that?

SamuraiX-

Many speculating that Cavs are team that would take Kris Humphries as part of DH12 deal 2 Nets. But told "nothing substantive" with Cavs now
Nets are reaching out to "any team with room," I'm told. But Cavs do make sense; they have 7 first rounders in next three years.
Cleveland has its own firsts from 2013-15, Miami's firsts in '13 and '15, and the Lakers' and Kings' firsts next year (all w/protections).

First round picks for Humphries?

Why the fuck not?

Feel like I'm missing something here. Don't agents make a percentage of whatever their client gets and wouldn't the Magic be able to offer Bynum more money and do it right now (before a potentially blown out knee or whatever) instead of waiting for a deal in the offseason. Why wouldn't an agent want that?

Bynum would make more with a UFA deal than an extension with the Magic.

Also, could be he wants to keep bynum in LA so he's bluffing (or Bynum wants to stay).

I don't know if he has the same agent, but his last agent tried to get a max from Lakers last time and was holding out. Bynum told him to STFU and just get some kind of deal done, which is why he got less than max. Pretty sure he changed agents, though.

First round picks for Humphries?

Why the fuck not?

Lakers/Miami picks will be like 28+. At that spot, does it matter?

Don't get why so many are balking at Jeff Green making more money than Ryan Garrity, 10 million per year is only reserved for people who have shot over 40% in a playoff series before

SamuraiX-

Cleveland's interest with Humphries is exclusively to use him as a means to stockpile further draft picks and assets, league source says.

rofl

Nothing like the feeling of getting thrown around the league like a used dish rag.

Emwitus

christmas-cat-008.jpg

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Just spoke with a source that tells me that Billy King is "very close" to getting Dwight Howard. And deal could be completed "very soon."

Real GM Columnist.

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
During my interview on @WFAN660 I said I thought the deal would be done by Tuesday. Looks like, as of now, I was right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom