• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he was guarded. He had a 35.67 usage %. Teams would be stupid to not guard him.

The stat I care about was his shooting percentage on open catch and shoots. 11th best in the NBA. Nash will increase those at the expense of a bunch of poor iso shots by Kobe.

Nick Friedell ‏@ESPNChiBulls
LeBron on Bulls addition of Hinrich: "He's a good player ... a guy that can shoot the ball, can defend as well, so he'll be good for them."
I like how Lebron has become the go to guy for Bulls questions somehow.

The stat I care about was his shooting percentage on open catch and shoots. 11th best in the NBA. Nash will increase those at the expense of a bunch of poor iso shots by Kobe.

And if he does get too much pressure on the catch he has Nash to dish it back to, can't wait for this season to start.

And if he does get too much pressure on the catch he has Nash to dish it back to, can't wait for this season to start.

Nash passed the ball on 62 percent of his pick-and-roll plays last season and his teammates shot 51 percent on those passes. He passed the ball on 54 percent of his isolation plays last season and his teammates shot 51 percent on those passes.

Nash passed the ball to spot-up shooters 389 times on pick-and-roll plays last season, the most such passes in the league.

Also this.

I remember when the Kobe-Pau PnR worked well and led to bynum lobs. Now a Nash-Pau PnR will have that + Kobe spotting up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

qKg4b.gif

Come on even Nash knows once Kobe gets the ball it's not going to come back.

squicken

“When you’re close and have a foundational piece, you should be willing to give up picks and overpay players, whatever it takes while you have that precious foundation to get better,” Morey said. “When you don’t have a foundational piece to build around, you should do every move in reverse, which is how does each move get us closer to getting a star, how does it get us more cap room, how does it get us more high picks and how does it get us more players with potential.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/07/rockets’-efforts-to-obtain-star-take-inward-direction/

S&Ts for Lee and Camby could bring more picks and PFs. There's no way NJ can match what HOU would offer, but it all depends on whether the Lakers will part with Bynum I guess

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read that. What's up with resigning Jordan Hill though, is that still in the cards?

I hope so, he was great in his limited time with the lakers. Gritty rebounder who can back up Pau and Bynum. Works pretty well with both. Sometimes he thinks taking a jumper is a better option than passing out though. I can see him looking like complete ass with team who needs scoring and dirty work. IF he joins the cats he'll go into full give not a fuck mode and probably throw up a ton of bad Js.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
KBergCBS
Magic and reps for Fran Vasquez remain undecided on whether the Spaniard will come to Orlando next season, league sources say. Vasquez, Orlando's '05 lottery pick, is at the end of Spanish League deal. There's been optimism that he'll finally join Magic next season.

The savior is here! Finally!

I hope so, he was great in his limited time with the lakers. Gritty rebounder who can back up Pau and Bynum. Works pretty well with both. Sometimes he thinks taking a jumper is a better option than passing out though. I can see him looking like complete ass with team who needs scoring and dirty work. IF he joins the cats he'll go into full give not a fuck mode and probably throw up a ton of bad Js.

If that's his attitude he'll never be a starter in the league. If he bought in he would likely get starter's minutes with us, any player with the balls to do something in the league would jump at that opportunity when he's never had it before.
Is he a UFA? Cho needs a PF to love since #savetrob failed.

Yeah, he's an UFA. But if Morris right, I'd rather not have him. He's talented and hasn't got a lot of burn yet in the NBA, but he plays the deepest position in the NBA so I think we should be patient and see how things play out.

He's limited offensively but he could grow into a solid PF. But if he's throwing up junk with kobe and Pau/Bynum on the court with him, he's gonna try and get his, inefficiently, on the Cats. If he can be convinced to stay in his lane; put backs, dunks and rebounding he's a nice piece to have and he goes all out every play.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
pretty much.

both are relatively useless with out a dominant inside presence.

Ryno scored more points and put up a better shooting percentage during his time with Orlando when Dwight was off the court and not on it. His rebounding stats were much better as well.

Obviously playing with Dwight benefited him, it'd benefit anyone, but the notion that he's useless without Dwight is just factually incorrect.

KBergCBS
Nets "making progress" on finding a third team to take Kris Humphries in a scenario that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, source says.
One possible destination for Humphries is Cleveland, who would get the forward in a sign-and-trade arrangement, source says.

giri

Ryno scored more points and put up a better shooting percentage during his time with Orlando when Dwight was off the court and not on it. His rebounding stats were much better as well.

Obviously playing with Dwight benefited him, it'd benefit anyone, but the notion that he's useless without Dwight is just factually incorrect.

KBergCBS
Nets "making progress" on finding a third team to take Kris Humphries in a scenario that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn, source says.
One possible destination for Humphries is Cleveland, who would get the forward in a sign-and-trade arrangement, source says.

So you're saying his rebounding numbers went up, when the best rebounder in the game went off the court?

you don't say.

And he got more shots when dwight was off the floor too?

amazing.

totally unexplicable.

Frankly, i'm surprised someone didn't max him!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So you're saying his rebounding numbers went up, when the best rebounder in the game went off the court?

you don't say.

And he got more shots when dwight was off the floor too?

amazing.

totally unexplicable.

Frankly, i'm surprised someone didn't max him!

I guess you missed the part about his efficiency not dropping off without Dwight.

Honestly this is getting old. Before last season Ryan Anderson was a bum (according to you folks), then he somehow ended up winning most improved player of the year, he had one of the best on-court/off-court numbers in the entire league, but nope he's still shit and he's barely as good as Jeff Green and Channing Frye.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Bynum has shown no inclination to agree to an immediate extension if sent to Orlando as part of a Dwight Howard package, sources tell Y!

Brook Lopez Max is Orlando's future.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is it a numbers thing why Lopez has to be a Max player?

Was referencing a Berger piece from earlier.

The Nets have begun talks with Lopez's representatives on a contract extension, a step that one person close to Lopez described as "a formality." It is understood that Lopez would garner close to a max extension to be the starting center in Brooklyn or Orlando, depending on how the Nets' pursuit of Howard plays out.

Basically seems like he's going to get a near max extension (if not actually max) regardless if he stays in Brooklyn or gets traded to Orlando.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I guess you missed the part about his efficiency not dropping off without Dwight.

Honestly this is getting old. Before last season Ryan Anderson was a bum (according to you folks), then he somehow ended up winning most improved player of the year, he had one of the best on-court/off-court numbers in the entire league, but nope he's still shit and he's barely as good as Jeff Green and Channing Frye.

Its because you call him Ryno

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Dallas and Cleveland are among teams with cap space that would interest Bynum in 2013 as a free agent, sources tell Y!

Cheer up Brandy!

giri

U Mad not everyone else is in love with a role player too?

Your insane love affair with the guy is completely bizzare. That's what is getting old.

squicken

why the fuck would the magic even take him? It's better to not get Lopez and just let Howard walk.

Exactly. If somehow the Rockets got Howard in a trade but he refused to re-sign, they should never do a S&T. It's better to get nothing than to get $.40. Same with Orlando. Unless someone throw a bunch of picks at them and takes back some bad contracts, just let him walk.

Exactly. If somehow the Rockets got Howard in a trade but he refused to re-sign, they should never do a S&T. It's better to get nothing than to get $.40. Same with Orlando. Unless someone throw a bunch of picks at them and takes back some bad contracts, just let him walk.

Rockets can't sign and trade him, regardless.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
If Magic and Lakers want to do a deal, each may need to call the bluff on Howard and Bynum stated unwillingness to accept extensions.

FWIW, If Orlando is willing to let him walk over Nets offer, might as well trade him for Bynum and get 1 full season of him and then let him walk. Or give yourself a year to figure out what to do.

I'd be surprised if andrew didn't take the money, though

It boggles my mind that Dwight isn't a rocket yet. Even though we're not giving a superstar back its between. Brook Lopez and three picks in the 20s or Bynum who won't stay either and would rather go to Cleveland. To Cleveland!

Edit: Not giving*

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'd rather pay Andersen 9 mil a year than Landry fields 7 (who should get minimum if anything), pay jeff green 10, Gerald wallace 10, or Lin 7-10 etc etc.

giri

It boggles my mind that Dwight isn't a rocket yet. Even though we're giving a superstar back its between. Brook Lopez and three picks in the 20s or Bynum who won't stay either and would rather go to Cleveland. To Cleveland!

wait

what superstar are the rockets giving up for dwight?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It boggles my mind that Dwight isn't a rocket yet. Even though we're giving a superstar back its between. Brook Lopez and three picks in the 20s or Bynum who won't stay either and would rather go to Cleveland. To Cleveland!

Yeah. Doesn't look like Drew has any interest in sticking around for a rebuild in Orlando.

Rockets will have have nice draft picks to offer and have a plethora of young talent. If they are interested I just can't fathom why Orlando wouldn't take their offer. That ship might have sailed though.

wait

what superstar are the rockets giving up for dwight?

Believe he meant that Dwight is the superstar being shipped out for the likes of a return of Brook Lopez. Not that the Rockets have a superstar.

LuchaShaq

Banned

What superstar? Lowry was your best player by leaps and bounds and got what will be a low lottery pick for him in a shit draft.

Reave

So, Cleveland's willing to take Kris Humphries so Orlando can get this Dwight Howard shit over with?

We owe you one, Cavs.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

So you get cap room, and end up signing shit like Roy Hibbert for for 14.5/yr or Anderson for 9.3 or G.Wallace for 10m/yr?

Lopez is better than those guys.

Cap space doesn't guarantee you shit, and Orlando ain't Miami, Brooklyn, NY or LA. Guys aren't flocking there, so better a max Lopez than signing a couple scrubs for the same cash.

Is that a new rule? Seems odd, though it wouldn't really matter to them I guess

This is the last off-season you can sign + trade into over the cap teams.

you can still sign + trade to a team under the cap if the player's salary will fit in, but there's no benefit to the player for it. Can't add the extra year or raises. Only benefit is if the team receiving him wants to dump a player in the process.

Which is why when Dwight gets traded, he has no way of getting to teams like LAL, BKN, etc without being traded to them right now.

So you get cap room, and end up signing shit like Roy Hibbert for for 14.5/yr or Anderson for 9.3 or G.Wallace for 10m/yr?

Lopez is better than those guys.

Cap space doesn't guarantee you shit, and Orlando ain't Miami, Brooklyn, NY or LA. Guys aren't flocking there, so better a max Lopez than signing a couple scrubs for the same cash.

Lopez has done what to make you think that contract won't kill your franchise?

How much money will Bynum leave on the table if he leaves The Magic after being traded?

Little bit less than Dwight in the same situation. Probably like $20-23 mil

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Cle would have a nice young core if AB joined that team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom