• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens if Dwight gets to Brooklyn and finds out he hates it?

I'm not sure why he's so hellbent on signing an extension only with this team, a team and organization he has never played for.

Do that, and I really won't be a Bulls fan, anymore. They can't be that stupid, they just can't.

You are welcome to the Evil Empire

SamuraiX-

A future duo of D-Will and Howard would be amazing to watch... except that JJ and Crash are gonna suck any other potential life that team will have of going anywhere.

Whos part of Hornets-GAF anyway? Does this even exist?

Jonm1010. Very exclusive club.

There may be others, but Jonm is the only guy who posts here with any regularity.

So the speculation is that Humphries at the extension he would have been signed at for this trade to work would have no value and a team would have to be bribed to take him.

So...why would the Magic be interested in a trade that would just be Bropez on a max contract for Dwight? It makes no sense. They'll probably get a top 5 pick even with him and be looking at taking a center who will probably be better than him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So the speculation is that Humphries at the extension he would have been signed at for this trade to work would have no value and a team would have to be bribed to take him.

So...why would the Magic be interested in a trade that would just be Bropez on a max contract for Dwight? It makes no sense. They'll probably get a top 5 pick even with him and be looking at taking a center who will probably be better than him.

You're expecting a level of competency from an organization that has never had a competent front office.

Hell no! I'll be joining either the Lakers or the Nets, depending on who gets Howard.

Kiss my ass, I want a team with a good FO, damn it!!!!

nba_g_rileyring_gb1_576.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Have a hard time seeing this getting done unless Fegan sells out Humphries to get deal for Dwight --> 1 yr guaranteed at 9 mil.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Cleveland has cap space to sign Hump outright and showed no interest in doing so. Nets need some serious sweeteners.

So how exactly are the Nets going to dump Humphries when no one wants him without picks...that need to be used for a Dwight trade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So basically Dan Fegan has to fuck over Humphries in order to get a deal with Dwight. I'd like to think Humphries is smart enough to realize this but he dated a Kardashian.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hello everyone, I'm the King of Games.

Soulplaya said I could join, and be a Bulls fan. I'm new to this sport.
You can take my spot on BullsGAF, depending on whether they resign Asik or not. I'm sorry, KOG. When I invited you to join a few days ago, I had no idea that they could be this stupid!

I don't know. I wouldn't feel right joining after they won their first title as a unit. They're the clear favorites to repeat, so where would be the fun in rooting for them?

The fun comes from the hate and bitter tears. No other team can get you this, but the Lakers come close.

G-Fex

You can take my spot on BullsGAF, depending on whether they resign Asik or not. I'm sorry, KOG. When I invited you to join a few days ago, I had no idea that they could be this stupid!

O....k.

I'm going to be playing NBA 2k11 I bought today. I hope I like it.

pilonv1

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

As @tribjazz reports, Raja Bell finalizing buyout w/ Jazz. Bell has interest in returning to his hometown to play for Heat, source tells Y!

What is it with the Heat having 1000 wing players?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Another possibility for Raja Bell: The Lakers. Kobe Bryant recruited Bell hard a year ago, and still fits as defensive-minded guard w/ Nash.

Almost as good as getting Dwight!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Soulplaya are you being sarcastic or are you actually thinking about switching teams
I seriously am. I'm sick and tired of being a sucker. It's one thing to support a team who is trying, but just can't attract free agents for whatever reason, or crumbles due to unfair injuries. The Bulls, however, are seated in a major market, have been the most profitable NBA team for a decade, and continue to be cheap and make horrendous FO mistakes. The only good thing they've done in a decade is being gifted a #1 pick by Stern. It's one thing to not be able to get a true viable 2nd option, but while other teams are improving, and the best you can do is get fucking Kirk Hinrich? It's shameful. No, I don't want to hear about Rose's injury making this a wasted year, anyway. Hinrich is being signed to a multi-year deal, and if you agree to pay your back up center $15 mil in one year, then you're completely idiotic, and I can't stand it.

As long as people keep supporting this team, Reinsdorf knows he'll get away with it, so I say fuck it.

Don't do this to me, damn it!!

Oh man. . . . . . .

This is like the fusion of greatness. I can't believe it!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They're only going to be a top 3 seed in the East next year and are going to pay a promising big man a bit too much which won't affect anything other than the owner's bottomline, it's a horrific situation.
A bit too much? $15 mil in one year for Asik is a bit too much? And he isn't promising. He's hit his ceiling.

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Spoke w/ Geoff Petrie, who could not go into detail but said he is "pleased" w/ negotiations w/ JT, looking forward to signing him July 11

RWDgH.gif

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Petrie said #NBAKings will continue to try to upgrade via trades and free agency

lolololool

Good one, Petrie. It's okay, we accept you for what you are.

the Asik contract sucks cause they've already got a starter at his position

And Raja Bell isn't coming to Miami. He's basically whored himself to the Heat for like 3 years straight and I'm pretty sure we've never called him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom