• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Son...I am disa...this is who he's married to?!

Amelia%20vega%205.jpeg

5034532494_d8e726c189.jpg

Go on home, son.
Al+Horford+con+Amelia+Vega.jpg

SamuraiX-

Team USA might have some better competition this time around:

• Great Britain
  • Tunisia
  • Australia
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Spain
  • France
  • China
  • Lithuania
  • Russia
  • Nigeria

Or maybe I'm remembering these guys as being better than they really are from the 2010 FIBAs...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If Dwight wanted a shoe deal in China now, he could get it. He doesn't need to be on the rockets to get one. It's a turrible selling point. He's a big enough brand in and of himself ATM that he can get deals anywhere.

It's not a terrible selling point ( I didn't mean he needed a shoe deal... I was giving example of scrubs who got deals cause of Yao just for being a Rocket). Becoming a bigger global superstar than you already are (he could pass Kobe, Rose, Bron in China if he became a Rocket) brings in even more money into his bank account and also helps out your team in the long run. He could make as much money or more playing in Houston cause of China/no state income tax as he could in Brooklyn. Rockets and Chinese fans don't have a Rockets superstar to root for any longer and this has nothing to do with being Asian or not. I mean your response to my comment saying "he's dumb for leaving extra money from overseas" was originally "Dwights not asian." That's why I brought up the shoe deals to the scrub Rocket players who are not Asian.

I keep saying he will still leave the Rockets any way if we got him despite all of that (leaving extra money). His brain has checked out and is already in Brooklyn.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dwight is already big in China.

Yea and he passes everyone if he becomes a Rocket. I think he sell's like 4/ or 5th in jerseys. He becomes a Rocket, he becomes massive over there all because of the built in Rockets/Yao fanbase that still exists.

Then again this is Howard, I'm really not sure wtf he cares about anymore other than Brooklyn and Deron. He clearly fucked himself over by not accepting the trade to Houston at the deadline. His ass would already have signed with the Nets.

Lakers get:

Dwight Howard, Chris Duhon

Orlando gets:

Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, bunch of current rookies and 1st rounders

Houston gets:

Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson, Steve Blake, Glen Davis

Orlando sheds their salaries and gets rookies and draft picks. Lakers get their man. Houston gets a star big man they've been looking for and will stay there.

Matrix

Lakers get:

Dwight Howard, Chris Duhon

Orlando gets:

Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, bunch of current rookies and 1st rounders

Houston gets:

Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson, Steve Blake, Glen Davis

Orlando sheds their salaries and gets rookies and draft picks. Lakers get their man. Houston gets a star big man they've been looking for and will stay there.

And then Howard walks away from the Lakers after the season is over *thumbs up*

Matrix

I guess aaron brooks is better than any other pg we have right now. Better be cheap and short deal.

what? for real? I was right haha

Oh well Smokey should have fun chucking up 3's in 2k.

What you're proposing is dumb anyway Black Sancha, Bynumbskull (thankfully) isn't interested in re-upping with the Magic so they gain nothing but some draft picks that'll likely be in the high teens because KMart and Scalewy aren't terrible enough players to properly tank in the east. You're betting on Dwight to stick in a place he doesn't want to be on the basis that he loses 30 million dollars if he doesn't, the Magic have that same card to play if they don't trade Dwight and tank the season while he rehabs his back; even if he leaves the 19 million dollars in cap freedom beats the shit sandwich offers anyday.

What you're proposing is dumb anyway Black Sancha, Bynumbskull (thankfully) isn't interested in re-upping with the Magic so they gain nothing but some draft picks that'll likely be in the high teens because KMart and Scalewy aren't terrible enough players to properly tank in the east. You're betting on Dwight to stick in a place he doesn't want to be on the basis that he loses 30 million dollars if he doesn't, the Magic have that same card to play if they don't trade Dwight and tank the season while he rehabs his back; even if he leaves the 19 million dollars in cap freedom beats the shit sandwich offers anyday.

Bynum will re-up in Orlando. Dude can't afford not to do it. For all we know, it's New Jersey leaking out the Bynum stuff.

As for Dwight, there won't be anywhere to go, regardless. As I keep reminding people, sign and trades to cap teams are gone after this offseason. Dwight can't walk to Brooklyn or New York or whatever. He ain't leaving the Lakers (with nash, kobe, Pau) and the money to play somewhere else like Detroit. If he's traded to LA, he's here for a long time. Period.

IMO, orlando is simply trying to figure out a way to unload as many contracts as possible. They're smart to do this and are taking their time to see which way will be best. We might not see a deal for a few days.

lol @ Baby on Iron Chef here trying to describe what he is eating.

"My patience is not high," Love said. "Would yours be, especially when I'm a big proponent of greatness surrounding itself with greatness? All these [Team USA] guys seem to have great players around them.

"It's tough seeing all these guys that are young and older who have all played in the playoffs. When they start talking about that, I have nothing to talk about. If I don’t make the playoffs next year I don’t know what will happen."

"At this point, I’m not afraid to go on the record," Love said. "Being around these [USA] guys, they know the situation I’m in and how competitive I am. I want to win. All the players on the Timberwolves feel the same way, as well. The coaching staff is awesome. They want to win and win now. Hopefully, we can make some stuff happen.

"I would say it's coming down to it for sure [next season]. It's no secret I was willing to commit to Minnesota for five years. I'm very happy with my contract. I'd love to be in Minnesota. But like anybody else, I want to win."

"I don't know if we will blow up the team again, if I'll be moved," Love said. "I don’t know.

"But something has to happen in Minnesota."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-losing-patience-with-timberwolves--losing.html

Nothing surprising here. Lakers-GAF and Bulls-GAF, my PF is impatient. You may be able to help him in a few years. Just keep it in mind.

Bynum will re-up in Orlando. Dude can't afford not to do it. For all we know, it's New Jersey leaking out the Bynum stuff.

As for Dwight, there won't be anywhere to go, regardless. As I keep reminding people, sign and trades to cap teams are gone after this offseason. Dwight can't walk to Brooklyn or New York or whatever. He ain't leaving the Lakers (with nash, kobe, Pau) and the money to play somewhere else like Detroit. If he's traded to LA, he's here for a long time. Period.

IMO, orlando is simply trying to figure out a way to unload as many contracts as possible. They're smart to do this and are taking their time to see which way will be best. We might not see a deal for a few days.

But if he can't go anywhere else in the summer then why should the Magic trade him? They obviously would prefer to keep Dwight above all else.

But if he can't go anywhere else in the summer then why should the Magic trade him? They obviously would prefer to keep Dwight above all else.

I didn't say he can't go anywhere, I said he can't go to New Jersey, New York, LAL.

Dwight doesn't want to be in Orlando. He'll leave them for Atlanta/Houston etc. There's a big difference there.

But he won't leave LA with the players they have for those teams. One year in LA and I guarantee you he changes his tune. Especially given how impressionable he is. And everyone forgets LA was one of his supposed 3 teams last season. Once Brooklyn is out of the picture, LAL will be #1.

giri

It's not a terrible selling point ( I didn't mean he needed a shoe deal... I was giving example of scrubs who got deals cause of Yao just for being a Rocket). Becoming a bigger global superstar than you already are (he could pass Kobe, Rose, Bron in China if he became a Rocket) brings in even more money into his bank account and also helps out your team in the long run. He could make as much money or more playing in Houston cause of China/no state income tax as he could in Brooklyn. Rockets and Chinese fans don't have a Rockets superstar to root for any longer and this has nothing to do with being Asian or not. I mean your response to my comment saying "he's dumb for leaving extra money from overseas" was originally "Dwights not asian." That's why I brought up the shoe deals to the scrub Rocket players who are not Asian.

I keep saying he will still leave the Rockets any way if we got him despite all of that (leaving extra money). His brain has checked out and is already in Brooklyn.

It's a dumb point because the NBA pimps the shit out of its mega-stars already in China. I don't know about Adidas, but i also know Nike pimps the shit out of its players in China. Yao might have got the rockets exposure, and some lingering fan base. But lets not all of a sudden make the Rockets out as the great yellow hope of NBA Basketball. The Cavs are part owned (or were in a deal to be) by chinesse companies also.

With Lin on the Knicks, there are more Chinese/Taiwanese now following him and the Knicks than the Rockets.

It's not about the franchise at all, as much as about the players nationality.

Now, if the rockets got both Lin AND howard, i could understand the point.

It's like saying EG should play for the suns to get the racist white people money. It's silly.

I didn't say he can't go anywhere, I said he can't go to New Jersey, New York, LAL.

Dwight doesn't want to be in Orlando. He'll leave them for Atlanta/Houston etc. There's a big difference there.

But he won't leave LA with the players they have for those teams. One year in LA and I guarantee you he changes his tune. Especially given how impressionable he is. And everyone forgets LA was one of his supposed 3 teams last season. Once Brooklyn is out of the picture, LAL will be #1.

But Dwight doesn't want to go to Atlanta or Houston either so why not take a stab at keeping him in Orlando instead of potentially handing the Lakers a new dynasty. And Dwight never wanted to go to LA, his choice was always and only Brooklyn.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Wolves aren't going to make the playoffs.

Don't see why you'd write them off so soon. Wes Johnson probably won't even make the team so they're already several wins better than last season.

But Dwight doesn't want to go to Atlanta or Houston either so why not take a stab at keeping him in Orlando instead of potentially handing the Lakers a new dynasty. And Dwight never wanted to go to LA, his choice was always and only Brooklyn.

He's not fucking staying in Orlando. Every single bridge has been burned to the ground. Just stop that shit.

giri

Until in 2 or 3 years when kobe, nash and pau retire, and he demands a trade to a new contender?

It's fickle to say you can read howards motives or predict his decisions because not even he knows whether or not he's going to take his next breath.

That said, you're better off with him than with out him.

Branduil

Exactly. Dwight can no longer join the Nets in free agency. Orlando can offer him more money than anyone else. When all of the offers are crap anyway, you might as well roll the dice. It's not like anyone is offering a Melo-type haul.

Don't see why you'd write them off so soon. Wes Johnson probably won't even make the team so they're already several wins better than last season.

Most of the teams that finished ahead of near them in the West got better as well. Blazers don't have Raymond Felton or Jamal Crawford on the roster anymore, Jazz don't have Josh Howard or Raja Bell, etc.

He's not fucking staying in Orlando. Every single bridge has been burned to the ground. Just stop that shit.

I'm speaking in hypotheticals RyKonex, I don't give a damn either way as we'll be really bad next season regardless.

I think the orlando situation is irreparable. He'll walk to Houston or Atlanta. Last season I agreed with you. Now, not so much.

Brooklyn won't be an option if he isn't traded there now, so it won't matter if it was his only choice. LAL will be his new #1 if he's traded here.

Until in 2 or 3 years when kobe, nash and pau retire, and he demands a trade to a new contender?

It's fickle to say you can read howards motives or predict his decisions because not even he knows whether or not he's going to take his next breath.

That said, you're better off with him than with out him.

Kobe is not retiring for a long time, IMO. Let Dwight demand to be traded in 3 or 4 years, I don't give a shit about then.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm speaking in hypotheticals RyKonex, I don't give a damn either way as we'll be really bad next season regardless.

Your nicknames are about as garbage as your posts.

Most of the teams that finished ahead of near them in the West got better as well. Blazers don't have Raymond Felton or Jamal Crawford on the roster anymore, Jazz don't have Josh Howard or Raja Bell, etc.

Fair enough. I like the Wolves chances assuming they get some more pieces and their unhealthy guys can stay healthy but thats a lot of assumptions.

giri

I don't think you can keep Dwight, because, by the sounds of it, he's really alienated him self from his team mates. I think he has to go. I mean, Jameer apparently on re-signed because Dwight WAS going.

That said, you'd be better off just getting rid of Jameer.

I Let Dwight demand to be traded in 3 or 4 years, I don't give a shit about then.

I expect when his current contract is done, so is he. I mean, last season wasn't that pretty to watch. He's obviously dropped off, and isn't going to get it back. He's got so many minutes on those knee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom