• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

What you're proposing is dumb anyway Black Sancha, Bynumbskull (thankfully) isn't interested in re-upping with the Magic so they gain nothing but some draft picks that'll likely be in the high teens because KMart and Scalewy aren't terrible enough players to properly tank in the east. You're betting on Dwight to stick in a place he doesn't want to be on the basis that he loses 30 million dollars if he doesn't, the Magic have that same card to play if they don't trade Dwight and tank the season while he rehabs his back; even if he leaves the 19 million dollars in cap freedom beats the shit sandwich offers anyday.

Bynum will re-up. The dude is just looking for a big pay day, nothing else.

I remember his response at the All-Star game regarding being traded was..."Every city has a bank".

Meier

Sigh @ the Magic. The only consistent performer last year outside of Dwight.. gone too. This fucking team..

I mean I guess it's good getting something, but what's the point? He won't be on the team for long.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Your nicknames are about as garbage as your posts.

Fair enough. I like the Wolves chances assuming they get some more pieces and their unhealthy guys can stay healthy but thats a lot of assumptions.

Broken down Roy and overpaid Batum will help, right?

NervousXtian

I know this is a Yahoo Contributor link.. but really?

During the 2010-2011 season, Brandon Roy, who played for the Oregon Trail Blazers, began to have severe knee problems. He was told that permanent damage would result if he continued to play. He was forced to retire. After doing therapy and working hard to stay in shape, he is attempting to return to his sport. On Thursday, July 5, 2012, it was announced that Roy had a verbal agreement to join the Minnesota Timberwolves. Though this is not an unheard of phenomenon in sports, it seems almost common for NBA players. Generally, the idea of an attempted comeback doesn't get very far, but occasionally, an NBA player will hit the court once again. Here is a look at four other NBA players that went back on the court.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brando...ayers-returned-retirement-053300632--nba.html

giri

Brandon Rush would be big for them, Batum might end up being overpaid but he's still really good and I'd like to hope Roy can still play at all. Wishful thinking more than likely though.

I'm almost tempted to say Rush would be more useful than batum, unless they have no fait in williams playing the 3 (he's a 3).

Cause Rush is pretty good.

pilonv1

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

Wanted David Lee & if got, was ready to give Love away to Washington/others. RT @talkhoops: Kahn is the same guy that tried to trade Love.

SEE IF HE STILL WANTS IT JERRY

I love the Cole train... but you don't think?

Although... we'd lose the championship van...

Cole was one of the worst players in the league last season. Lucas was pretty decent in limited time last year.

You really would rather see Cole?

I would agree that Cole was shitty often but he was a rookie and I think he has some good things to offer to the Heat. Also, this is for JOHN LUCAS III. I need say no more.

Mxrz

What the hell is a Gustavo Ayon.

Sure, I'd welcome Dwight staying too. The Fans would jump back on board by game two. I could think of all sorts of reasons that it would work for the team and for him, but it all comes back down to him (and his agent) and that probably not going to change. The Magic have done just about everything they can short of signing Paul or Deron, and it wasn't enough.

Don't mind hoping, but yeah.

NervousXtian

Cole was one of the worst players in the league last season. Lucas was pretty decent in limited time last year.

Someone takes Hollinger ratings a bit too much as gospel.

Cole just ate up some minutes at the point.

Also, rookie.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It's a dumb point because the NBA pimps the shit out of its mega-stars already in China. I don't know about Adidas, but i also know Nike pimps the shit out of its players in China. Yao might have got the rockets exposure, and some lingering fan base. But lets not all of a sudden make the Rockets out as the great yellow hope of NBA Basketball. The Cavs are part owned (or were in a deal to be) by chinesse companies also.

With Lin on the Knicks, there are more Chinese/Taiwanese now following him and the Knicks than the Rockets.

It's not about the franchise at all, as much as about the players nationality.

Now, if the rockets got both Lin AND howard, i could understand the point.

It's like saying EG should play for the suns to get the racist white people money. It's silly.

I'm totally not getting into any race shit with you. You're the one who said "Dwight wasn't asian" in a reply to me which was either sarcasm or you just trying to be rude. All I was implying was he could make just as much/or more playing in Houston (yes China factors into that when it comes to Houston) as Brooklyn and would be leaving behind more money no matter what .... which is dumb as shit.

He hates Houston... the end.

Your nicknames are about as garbage as your posts.

I want what's best for this team, the same team as yours. The only counter to my claim is that Dwight's caused supposedly irreparable harm to his relationship with Orlando, well so what? Almost every other week over the course of last season we heard that Dwight was for sure gone before the deadline yet he's still on the team; shit can always change. The team will suck either way and as far as I can see it's a win-win situation just tanking as he "rehabs" as either Dwight will leave and free up a ton of caps pace or he can't resist walking away from $30 million.

Mr. Heroball though

I'm okay with him being more of a heroball/iso player with the second unit, as long as he isn't being a total ass. hopefully the offseason working with the staff and having more nba-level facilities/trainers will improve him. Like i said it adds a different dimension to the team

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Someone takes Hollinger ratings a bit too much as gospel.

Cole just ate up some minutes at the point.

Also, rookie.

He was a shoot first point guard who couldn't shoot the damn ball on a team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh. He was a poor man's Toney Douglas last season.

The Heat don't have to wait around for rookies to possibly get serviceable. They just need a backup point guard who can provide 10-15 minutes a night without fucking everything up the way Cole has tended to do.

What the hell is a Gustavo Ayon.

Sure, I'd welcome Dwight staying too. The Fans would jump back on board by game two. I could think of all sorts of reasons that it would work for the team and for him, but it all comes back down to him (and his agent) and that probably not going to change. The Magic have done just about everything they can short of signing Paul or Deron, and it wasn't enough.

Don't mind hoping, but yeah.

Ayon is a pretty good pick-and-roll player.

Pimpwerx

Cole's a rookie with probably the fewest practices in the league and little time with the coach. He hit the rookie wall hard, that's all. He'll have a chance to improve this season. His ceiling is higher than JLIII's who is currently playing the role he'll play the rest of his life. That and Cole actually helped us win a Finals game. I don't want to lose Cole World. PEACE.

LuchaShaq

Banned
KAHN giving Love the opt out instead of giving him the full five year max is hilarious.

If I was Kevin Love I wouldn't want to be in that shithole either considering the only two other guys with potential either play the same position or just blew out their knee.

PBY

Banned
Cole's a rookie with probably the fewest practices in the league and little time with the coach. He hit the rookie wall hard, that's all. He'll have a chance to improve this season. His ceiling is higher than JLIII's who is currently playing the role he'll play the rest of his life. That and Cole actually helped us win a Finals game. I don't want to lose Cole World. PEACE.

AND THE VAN!

I'm okay with him being more of a heroball/iso player with the second unit, as long as he isn't being a total ass. hopefully the offseason working with the staff and having more nba-level facilities/trainers will improve him. Like i said it adds a different dimension to the team

I would love to see how he'd react to Bron and Wade yelling at him Chalmers style.

giri

I'm totally not getting into any race shit with you. You're the one who said "Dwight wasn't asian" in a reply to me which was either sarcasm or you just trying to be rude. All I was implying was he could make just as much/or more playing in Houston (yes China factors into that when it comes to Houston) as Brooklyn and would be leaving behind more money no matter what .... which is dumb as shit.

He hates Houston... the end.

It was pure sarcasm. Of course, you could stick wit the sarcastic comment or reply logically. Glad to see you've just conceded though.

And he doesn't make more playing in houston. The "China Connection" as i pointed out, that you're relying on, is a fallacy.

KAHN giving Love the opt out instead of giving him the full five year max is hilarious.

If I was Kevin Love I wouldn't want to be in that shithole either considering the only two other guys with potential either play the same position or just blew out their knee.

I'm pretty sure that Pekovic is a center and hasn't blown out his knee.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I want what's best for this team, the same team as yours. The only counter to my claim is that Dwight's caused supposedly irreparable harm to his relationship with Orlando, well so what? Almost every other week over the course of last season we heard that Dwight was for sure gone before the deadline yet he's still on the team; shit can always change. The team will suck either way and as far as I can see it's a win-win situation just tanking as he "rehabs" as either Dwight will leave and free up a ton of caps pace or he can't resist walking away from $30 million.

I get what you're saying and I suppose its true, Dwight can't decide on anything for shit. But I don't think anybody in the Magic organization wants to deal with this shit any more and the worst thing that can happen from a PR perspective is that he simply walks away for nothing ala Shaq.

I don't want Brook Lopez and Bynum hasn't given any indication he wants to stay. Best case scenario is they rip off Morey, get some nice picks including Toronto, the Rockets implode and the Magic end up with 3 top 10 picks next season (and more in the years to come), some young players and a ton of cap space.

Woj said:
There have been three-team scenarios discussed where Orlando gets Lopez, and others where he could go elsewhere and the Magic would be compensated with as many as four future first-round draft picks, sources said. Nevertheless, the Magic are likely to take Lopez for themselves should they trade Howard to the Nets.

Getting a boatload of picks back is so much more appealing than Brook Lopez for 4 years / 58 million.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It was pure sarcasm. Of course, you could stick wit the sarcastic comment or reply logically. Glad to see you've just conceded though.

And he doesn't make more playing in houston. The "China Connection" as i pointed out, that you're relying on, is a fallacy.

Glad to see Ive conceded? what are you five? Is this a game for you? I simply don't want to have an argument that's just going to go around in circles cause we don't agree with each other.

You believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JRudolphSports
Sources: Magic, Nets and Cavaliers near completion of Dwight Howard trade. Deal will include 11 players, cash and multiple draft picks. Magic will complete one last sweep before completing the trade, sources say. They want to make sure they’re accepting best offer.

AlexKennedyNBA
Orlando is still weighing options. Magic brass will meet tomorrow morning to decide if this is best deal. A trade could be completed Monday.

JRudolphSports
Sources: Magic, Nets and Cavaliers near completion of Dwight Howard trade. Deal will include 11 players, cash and multiple draft picks. Magic will complete one last sweep before completing the trade, sources say. They want to make sure they’re accepting best offer.

AlexKennedyNBA
Orlando is still weighing options. Magic brass will meet tomorrow morning to decide if this is best deal. A trade could be completed Monday.

If they seriously go through with this im gonna befuckin amazed..

Matrix

JRudolphSports

AlexKennedyNBA

NBA... where stupid shit happens.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
JRudolphSports

AlexKennedyNBA
WHAT?!?!!?!

Howard to the Nets???? But, I thought he was coming to . . . . . . . . DAMN IT!!!!

What you're proposing is dumb anyway Black Sancha, Bynumbskull (thankfully) isn't interested in re-upping with the Magic so they gain nothing but some draft picks that'll likely be in the high teens because KMart and Scalewy aren't terrible enough players to properly tank in the east. You're betting on Dwight to stick in a place he doesn't want to be on the basis that he loses 30 million dollars if he doesn't, the Magic have that same card to play if they don't trade Dwight and tank the season while he rehabs his back; even if he leaves the 19 million dollars in cap freedom beats the shit sandwich offers anyday.

I copy wrote that.

Pay dis man his money!

Nelo Ice

Banned
it could be LA that doesn't want to trade Bynum. Jim's man crush is biting us in the ass.
adfljljad. If that's the case I'd be honestly surprised he isn't going for the kill shot.

He gets Marshawn Brooks for taking Humphries on for a year, that's not exactly the worse deal.

It's being reported that Bynum isn't willing to commit to an extension in Orlando, else Howard would probably be a Laker already.

Damnit! Drew just take the extension!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom