• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

JRudolphSports
Sources: Magic, Nets and Cavaliers near completion of Dwight Howard trade. Deal will include 11 players, cash and multiple draft picks. Magic will complete one last sweep before completing the trade, sources say. They want to make sure they’re accepting best offer.

AlexKennedyNBA
Orlando is still weighing options. Magic brass will meet tomorrow morning to decide if this is best deal. A trade could be completed Monday.

image.php

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I almost wonder if there is something about Dwight's back that they're afraid of coming out. But even so that's still dumb. The Houston deal is better.

Well to be honest, Bynum, Howard, and Lopez all have injury issues respectively.

Bynum seems to be injured all the time, back injuries are hard to get over, and ankle injuries on big men.. yeah.

You are rolling the dice on any of these guys.

Emwitus

JRudolphSports
Sources: Magic, Nets and Cavaliers near completion of Dwight Howard trade. Deal will include 11 players, cash and multiple draft picks. Magic will complete one last sweep before completing the trade, sources say. They want to make sure they’re accepting best offer.

AlexKennedyNBA
Orlando is still weighing options. Magic brass will meet tomorrow morning to decide if this is best deal. A trade could be completed Monday.

tumblr_m6qa50OWeV1qi6d7ao1_250.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Damnit! Drew just take the extension!
I can't believe after all of this that it could honestly be Bynum that holds this all back because of a damn extension that he should be signing (going to Cleveland, wtf?). Bynum is playing this slyly, I'll say that. We want Howard, damn it!

I can understand why the Magic would be hesitant but there is zero doubt in my mind that when that extension is placed in front of Drew he will sign it, even if he waits he'll resign for the big bucks after the season and not leave money on the table to go sign somewhere else.

Bwah ha ha Hennigen is a joke if he's giving Brook Lopez max dollars. This makes the Asik deal look okay. I also don't get how there are 11 players in this deal. NJ can't take anyone back besides Dwight.

Dwight
Lopez
Humphries
Brooks
????
????
????
????
????
????
????
????

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I almost wonder if there is something about Dwight's back that they're afraid of coming out. But even so that's still dumb. The Houston deal is better.

Something is seriously odd about the whole thing. I'm over Howard and all his fucking drama, but Orlando is so stupid to pass up what Morey has to offer.

Mxrz

i think that the Nets would be another one of those teams that are fun to watch, a la the Heatles
I'll be too bitter and disgusted to watch. The NY/BK bandwagon would be unbearable.

if they can get something good it'd be one thing. I think I'd rather have cap space than Brook.

Honestly, yeah. I didn't think Hennigan would do this. Wonder if the Owners are involved.

And its Bynum, that won't sign an extension? Mr. "They got banks everywhere?" bullshit. He'd give up money (tax free money) to go sign else where? That doesn't make any sense. And fuck, one season of Bynum is better than fucking 4 years of paying Lopez.

I'm gonna cognitive dissonance this bitch

There's no way we're trading for the worst possible shit sandwich out of all the shit sandwiches out there, for crying out loud Otis was blocked by ownership or trying to trade Dwight for Crash + Lopez + 4 1st rounders...this current package is worse than the blocked one.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What is Houston's current offer?

As far as I know everything is on the table to trade... future picks, all their young talent, contracts that will expire etc

No one has come out and actually said what the Rockets are offering, but Morey and Les want him badly.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I sadly think its true.

I pray that Kris Humphries refuses to take a shitty 1 year deal with the Cavs and literally blows the entire trade up.

I'll be too bitter and disgusted to watch. The NY/BK bandwagon would be unbearable.

Honestly, yeah. I didn't think Hennigan would do this. Wonder if the Owners are involved.

And its Bynum, that won't sign an extension? Mr. "They got banks everywhere?" bullshit. He'd give up money (tax free money) to go sign else where? That doesn't make any sense. And fuck, one season of Bynum is better than fucking 4 years of paying Lopez.

if anything, Bynum not wanting to sign the extension right away might be an advantage to Orlando. let him play another trial year. See if he can stay healthy again. See if he can be an all-star again. Then if he is, you can give him a max deal and more money than anyone else.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I sadly think its true.

I pray that Kris Humphries refuses to take a shitty 1 year deal with the Cavs and literally blows the entire trade up.
I don't get why Kris doesn't get more attention. He's not a bad player, and considering the other players getting deals, he should be signed for bigger money.

giri

Glad to see Ive conceded? what are you five? Is this a game for you? I simply don't want to have an argument that's just going to go around in circles cause we don't agree with each other.

You believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to.

I'm the one whose five yet you just want to make statements and not defend them.

Way to go, Mr Maturity.

Matrix

Impossible? No. It always depended on the Magic doing something fucking stupid. It is impossible for the Nets to land him otherwise.

*cough*Stern*cough* maybe he's controlling everything for the good of the league...

you know basketball reasons part deux

Feels like some conspiracy shit going on.

Knicks fans didn't even bandwagon when we went to two Finals in a row. Brooklyn might be different but it's not like Deron and Broadway Joe have star power. Dwight would be the draw but I doubt it'd be any bigger than his 60 win teams in Orlando.

Knicks got more heat from Linsanity than teaming up Stat/Melo/Chandler, casuals gonna casual.

Edit: Humphries took a 1 year deal last year to stay on the Nets (who were Cavs-bad) because no one else was going to give him $10 million/yr. Why wouldn't he take the same money from Cleveland? It's not like he has to worry about Kim leaving him now.

The Magic are on the verge of making arguably the worst trade in NBA history imo.

The one positive from the deal for the Magic is that they would be easily the worst team in the NBA other than Charlotte so they get to go for the top pick for the next few years.

Mxrz

The Magic are on the verge of making arguably the worst trade in NBA history imo.

The one positive from the deal for the Magic is that they would be easily the worst team in the NBA other than Charlotte so they get to go for the top pick for the next few years.

Otis is somewhere going "Goddamn. . . "

If Houston is offering up everything, Hennigan is a complete moron if he takes the Nets deal. He better pray the ownership is the one pushing this, or he'll be considered even worse than Otis.

Matrix

I'm the one whose five yet you just want to make statements and not defend them.

Way to go, Mr Maturity.

Oh god...

Fuck off kindly, thanks a bunch!

How's that, now I'm not mature either. Happy?

I'm done having this argument. You feel free to reply to me all night if that makes you feel like you won something.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cuban should fuck it all up out of spite by offering Hump a max contract. C'mon Cuban!

It doesnt even have to be max. 3 years 20 million or some shit like that would blow it up.

Whats the most the Knicks can offer for Humphries? He'd be a big addition for their team and would absolutely dick over the Nets too.

There has to be a number of teams that can offer something better than a maxed out Brook Lopez, even for a one year rental?!? Shit I'd offer him to the Knicks for Shumpert and Tyson Chandler and that might be a better deal.

Knicks fans didn't even bandwagon when we went to two Finals in a row. Brooklyn might be different but it's not like Deron and Broadway Joe have star power. Dwight would be the draw but I doubt it'd be any bigger than his 60 win teams in Orlando.

Knicks got more heat from Linsanity than teaming up Stat/Melo/Chandler, casuals gonna casual.

Dwight+Deron= you already won.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So I guess picks in the 20s and another random pick from Cleveland and Brook freaking Lopez is more valuable than Bynum.

Uhhh no. If Cleveland wanted Humphries they could have signed him outright. Orlando or the nets will have to give the cavs picks and cash to get them to take him.

SamuraiX-

Jason Thompson will be back and Kings can look at other options

Jason Thompson will return to the Kings after an agreement was reached on a multi-year deal Sunday.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed and Kings basketball president was limited in what he could say because of NBA rules during the moratorium on signing free agents that ends Wednesday.

But having Thompson's deal completed frees Petrie to look at other areas. Petrie said trades and other free agents are possibilities.
The Kings will have about $6 million left under the salary cap with rookie Thomas Robinson and Thompson's deal when it becomes official. The Kings will have 13 players, two below the league maximum

That gives the Kings options of re-signing Terrence Williams, who presumably would not cost $6 million, and save money for a possible addition later.

Williams is still available and not on the verge of agreeing to a contract with another team.

untitled-114qj78.gif

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Jason Thompson's new deal will average about $6 mill per season

That's about what he's worth until he develops a more consistence offensive game.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Uhhh no. If Cleveland wanted Humphries they could have signed him outright. Orlando or the nets will have to give the cavs picks and cash to get them to take him.

Yeah that's why I'm utterly confused as to how this is even possible. If they give the Cavs picks doesn't that take away a pick from going to Orlando. Unless Cleveland is willing to give more picks?!

It's really really strange how everything has focused on Brooklyn when the Hawks could easily offer Horford (which is better than the Nets offer) and probably convince him to stay without any problem since none of Dwight's wishlist would have capspace other than Dallas and Dallas just has an aging Dirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom