• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Free agent forward Grant Hill is still considering at least two other teams–the two teams in last month’s Finals, Miami and Oklahoma City–as well as the Lakers as he decides where he’s going to play next season, according to a source with knowledge of the 39-year-old forward’s thinking.

Reports Tuesday indicated that Hill has decided either to play for the Lakers or retire. But the source strongly indicated that Hill has not limited himself to Los Angeles as he makes up his mind.
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/10/hill-also-looking-at-thunder-heat/

Free agent forward Grant Hill is still considering at least two other teams–the two teams in last month’s Finals, Miami and Oklahoma City–as well as the Lakers as he decides where he’s going to play next season, according to a source with knowledge of the 39-year-old forward’s thinking.

I swear, Miami is trying to grab every wing player on earth. Stay away.

Come with Nash, Hill. Lakers have been recruiting you for years.

bjb

Banned
dwightmare-263x360.jpg

Co-worker got an advance copy. Reading through it now. Absolutely hilarious.

exarkun

KD guarded LBJ the best out of anybody in the league last year. To say he doesn't defend is plain bullshit. And can't dribble? Can't pass? Are you fucking serious?

Dwight is elite on D no doubt. The best. The best rebounder too.

But the fact that he is such a liability on offense is damning. You can't call a guy who you have to question about having out there in the fourth quarter the most impactful player.

wat. Did you not watch the finals? He (KD) spent half his time in foul trouble and the other half of the time they would switch Harden onto Lebron. KD's defense is bad, he committed dumb fouls trying to either reach or go for a block that wasn't needed (instead of just trying to affect the shot with good defense).

KD had no assists one game, and very few for most of the series. Again, like many stated, if Kobe or another "superstar" had that few asists in the playoffs they would have been roasted. So yes, KD doesn't pass enough, he doesn't play defense, and his rebounding could use some work.

Any GM, except for the Brooklyn GM obviously, that helps Dwight go to Brooklyn should be fired on the spot. No matter what they get out of that potential trade they are helping make a dynasty that will crush almost any other team.

Would that theoretical Brooklyn team really be any better than the Heat right now (defending champs), the Lakers right now (2 HOF and the WC All-Star center), or the Thunder right now (Scoring champ plus filler)?

I missed the reactions to the Lakers getting Nash, was it as big as Lebron to Heat?

I'm not going to bother with the trade machine, but why not Bynum to Houston, Dwight to LA, picks/cash/expiring contracts to ORL?

he still shot over 56% and 19 boards... Great team Defense limited him to a meager 2-3 pts less still doesn't change the fact that he beasted.

I mean 20-19 on 56% shooting ... If that's not Beasting, I don't know what is.

You must haven't seen a great center before. A out of his prime shaq could do that.......

SamuraiX-

Um yes? The other centers that have have touch and an actual skillset around the basket can score without having to dunk/layup. Dwight gets his points on dunks and layups which he wouldn't get if he lost his athleticism. Why? Because he lacks touch and is undersized. This is basic shit.....

What drugs do I need to take to live in the same world as you right now?

He averaged 22.9-14.1-1.4 on 59% shooting last year. Which is under-par. He can't beast on one of the weakest frontcourts in the league....

Except those were his numbers from the '10-'11 season, but regardless, I fail to understand how averaging a 20-20 in 4 games against the Heat last season isn't considering "beasting" in today's NBA.

He only averaged like 13 FGA through those games too. It's not hard to imagine him averaging 30/20 against the Heat if he was surrounded by a competent group of teammates who actually pass him the ball.

You must haven't seen a great center before. A out of his prime shaq could do that.......

Im not sure what your point is then, if you were comparing Dwight and Shaq then yea I would say Dwight has nothing on Shaq when it comes to Offensive ability and post moves but it doesn't mean Dwight's O is lacking, it would just be that Shaq's post moves were out of this world.

There is no way 20-19 on 56% shooting is not beasting especially in the current NBA where true centers are rare.

Bowser

Revised:

Lakers:
Dwight
Scola

Houston:
Pau
JRich

Orl:
Bynum
picks
MWP

That's still terrible for Houston. If I'm them I'd rather roll the dice with my picks/army of forwards and wait for a better deal to pop up. Hell, Bynum said he'd consider the Rockets in FA anyway.

SUPREME1

Banned
That's still terrible for Houston. If I'm them I'd rather roll the dice with my picks/army of forwards and wait for a better deal to prop up. Hell, Bynum said he'd consider the Rockets in FA anyway.

Your face is terrible. Stop shitting on my wannabe GM fantasies.

wat. Did you not watch the finals? He (KD) spent half his time in foul trouble and the other half of the time they would switch Harden onto Lebron. KD's defense is bad, he committed dumb fouls trying to either reach or go for a block that wasn't needed (instead of just trying to affect the shot with good defense).

KD had no assists one game, and very few for most of the series. Again, like many stated, if Kobe or another "superstar" had that few asists in the playoffs they would have been roasted. So yes, KD doesn't pass enough, he doesn't play defense, and his rebounding could use some work.

Any player that guards lebron is going to get into foul trouble I don't see your point. And OKC is a iso focused team they won't have many assists period.

Rebounding is his biggest flaw but it wasn't even that bad...

Houston easily has the best offer for Dwight right now. Unless Atlanta gets smart and offers Horford+Teague.

I'd say the Rockets have the potential for the best offer (arguable) but we don't know if they're offering everything. If they are trying to get him at a rental price, it's possible Bynum is objectively better.

Wish we knew what their offer was.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I swear, Miami is trying to grab every wing player on earth. Stay away.

Come with Nash, Hill. Lakers have been recruiting you for years.

I'd like to see Grant with any of those teams, but I think LA is a good fit. I can see him backing up Kobe pretty well.

I just want to see him get a ring. He's arguably the greatest player Duke ever had.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'd say the Rockets have the potential for the best offer (arguable) but we don't know if they're offering everything. If they are trying to get him at a rental price, it's possible Bynum is objectively better.

Wish we knew what their offer was.

Houstons probably willing to throw everything at Orlando just so Morey can say he got a superstar.

SamuraiX-

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Bulls have also now informed Ronnie Brewer that his $4.37 million option won't be picked up for 2012-13.

Both Brewer and Korver have been completely underwhelming ever since coming to the Bulls.

Hopefully Lee works out better for them, although I'm not sure if he's committed yet.

What drugs do I need to take to live in the same world as you right now?

Except those were his numbers from the '10-'11 season
, but regardless, I fail to understand how averaging a 20-20 in 4 games against the Heat last season isn't considering "beasting" in today's NBA.

He only averaged like 13 FGA through those games too. It's not hard to imagine him averaging 30/20 against the Heat if he was surrounded by a competent group of teammates who actually pass him the ball.
AKA last year lmao...
Im not sure what your point is then, if you were comparing Dwight and Shaq then yea I would say Dwight has nothing on Shaq when it comes to Offensive ability and post moves but it doesn't mean Dwight's O is lacking, it would just be that Shaq's post moves were out of this world.

There is no way 20-19 on 56% shooting is not beasting especially in the current NBA where true centers are rare.
Its a good game but for the supposed 2nd best player in the league he is supposed to do alot better against weaker matchups.

I'd say the Rockets have the potential for the best offer (arguable) but we don't know if they're offering everything. If they are trying to get him at a rental price, it's possible Bynum is objectively better.Wish we knew what their offer was.

That could definitely be the case. Martin, a forward or two, and their pick from Toronto could be what they're offering.

linsivvi

I missed the reactions to the Lakers getting Nash, was it as big as Lebron to Heat?

We've been through this.

LeBron was in his prime on a team still trying to win, and he handled the situation poorly. Nash is 38 years old on a team trying to rebuild, and handled the whole situation with class.

While there might be some boos, I am pretty sure Nash's first game back to Phoenix he will get a standing O.

exarkun

Both Brewer and Korver have been completely underwhelming ever since coming to the Bulls.

Hopefully Lee works out better for them, although I'm not sure if he's committed yet.

Courtney Lee is about the same as Afflalo except he doesn't make the big money. Lee is more explosive and can get to the rim easily. His finishing isn't as good as Afflalo's, and sometimes he likes to shoot a little too much, but Lee is worth something similar to Afflalo (though not the amount Afflalo got from Denver).

Lee has really worked on his offensive game and is a viable 3rd option with pretty good defense (lotta steals). He stopped the dumb passes and the bad finishing two years ago, made great strides last year. Sad to see him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom