• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool how only one side of the floor matters in the 4th quarter

Also not sure how Dwight being one of the most efficient scorers in the league means he's a liability on offense

...NBA preseason games in Winnipeg and Montreal?

"Twolves vs. Pistons"
"Raptors vs. Kidd Lins"

uh...well should be interesting to see what NBA players think of the 'peg. lol

Walsh

Banned
Frank Vogel says the Pacers playstyle has been coined "Smashmouth" by the team.

I had no idea there were so many variations of the spelling "fuckball"

Where was this smashmouth play style when Miami was manhandling and intimidating them in the playoffs?

Walsh

Banned
How do you guys watch preseason basketball games? NBA TV the only viable option or are there ways to watch for free on the internet (through legitimate means)

benjipwns

Banned
Sam Amico
Bobcats willing to give Kris Humphries multi-year deal in potential 3-way trade with Nets & Magic, source says. Word is, they want MarShon Brooks (and not first-round pick), too. Not sure what they would trade back at this point.

SamuraiX-

He's top 5 but honestly we don know effect this back surgery has on him. He falls off a fucking cliff if his athleticism is gone.

Eh... no.

His fundamentals are solid to the point where he won't have have much of a problem not being able to rely on his athleticism when he starts to slow down.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
If Brooklyn and Orlando are to make a deal for Howard in near-term, it will likely be a trade between the two teams, sources tell Y! Sports.

lol

It's cool how only one side of the floor matters in the 4th quarter

Also not sure how Dwight being one of the most efficient scorers in the league means he's a liability on offense

His game is all athleticism. Its not hard at all to be a efficient scorer when you mostly do dunks and layups.

Like I said, if his athleticism takes any kind of hit after this surgery(which is very possible) he is nothing more than a strong-undersized center with like on post move.

He's not a top 2 player...

SamuraiX-

His game is all athleticism. Its not hard at all to be a efficient scorer when you mostly do dunks and layups.

Like I said, if his athleticism takes any kind of hit after this surgery(which is very possible) he is nothing more than a strong-undersized center with like on post move.

He's not a top 2 player...

smfh

You're on a roll today.

Shinobi

WojYahooNBA
If Brooklyn and Orlando are to make a deal for Howard in near-term, it will likely be a trade between the two teams, sources tell Y! Sports.

lol

oj-welp.jpg

Bowser

Bowser in tears.

As long as the deal for Hump isn't longer than three years (and I'd hope for a team option or partial guarantee on the 3rd year), I'm ok with that. Also, hopefully it's not for more than $8m per otherwise it's dumb. Not sure why we want MarShon either, but meh

Nelo Ice

Banned
So this really all was a smokescreen to get teams to sweeten their offers and no one budged. Though from that Camby trade it looks like Morey took the bait.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
As long as the deal for Hump isn't longer than three years (and I'd hope for a team option or partial guarantee on the 3rd year), I'm ok with that. Also, hopefully it's not for more than $8m per otherwise it's dumb. Not sure why we want MarShon either, but meh

I'm assuming you'd trade Hendo or Kemba if you're trying to get Brooks.

Bowser

I'm assuming you'd trade Hendo or Kemba if you're trying to get Brooks.

I wouldn't want to trade Hendo. We won't know for a few seasons whether he had a career year because he was the only offensive option on a garbage team, but he played well and he's good defensively as well. A solid rotation player who I'd rather keep on the team.

YO3E4.png

gud jab gud affert dwight

I r confused

Owzers

Treehouse_of_Horror_VIa.png

Pretty much how i feel about nba shenanigans atm. Carmelo drama, Heat winning a championship, Dwight drama round 2. It's too much!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Especially teams that are in the same conference as the Nets, all of these rumors are complete BS if you ask me.

Well we do need something to talk about. I already know that if we do get Dwight no one will know shit until it's official. With that said I still read into these rumors since I'm just way to eager to see something happen haha.

edit:Well the good news is the Nets got their guy!
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Nets have been negotiating an extension with Brook Lopez and could ultimately complete the deal in the next 48 hours, sources say.

Any GM, except for the Brooklyn GM obviously, that helps Dwight go to Brooklyn should be fired on the spot. No matter what they get out of that potential trade they are helping make a dynasty that will crush almost any other team.

Well we do need something to talk about. I already know that if we do get Dwight no one will know shit until it's official. With that said I still read into these rumors since I'm just way to eager to see something happen haha.

edit:Well the good news is the Nets got their guy!
The Nets have been negotiating an extension with Brook Lopez and could ultimately complete the deal in the next 48 hours, sources say.

Does that mean they are about to pull out of the race for Dwight?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Does that mean they are about to pull out of the race for Dwight?

They were probably never in it. This whole saga seemed like a bluff to get the other teams to sweeten their offers. That proposed 3 or 4 team trade was impossible to begin with. So now Orlando will turn back to LAL,HOU, or ATL. Though apparently Dallas is talking with ORL but I haven't a clue what they could possibly offer.

I hate drama so I just want it to be over with.

Omega

Banned
What else can they offer? They're basically trying to trade every player on the team except Deron, Wallace and Johnson.

If it comes down to it, they'll trade Wallace. Yeah they said "you're safe" but let's be serious, he's not worth keeping. If some team is willing to help out a trade to get Wallace, they'll do it.

When you have people like Asik and Jeff Green getting 8-10 mil/year, I'm guessing there's at least 3 teams stupid enough to take on that terrible Wallace contract.

Also, massive lol @ Dwight being the second best player in the league.

They were probably never in it. That proposed 3 or 4 team trade was impossible to begin with. So now Orlando will turn to LAL,HOU, or ATL. Though apparently Dallas is talking with ORL but I haven't a clue what they could possibly offer.

If that extension is signed, Nets won't be able trade Lopez until Dec. 15 right?

hehehehe come on Brook just sign it :)

If it comes down to it, they'll trade Wallace. Yeah they said "you're safe" but let's be serious, he's not worth keeping. If some team is willing to help out a trade to get Wallace, they'll do it.

When you have people like Asik and Jeff Green getting 8-10 mil/year, I'm guessing there's at least 3 teams stupid enough to take on that terrible Wallace contract.

Also, massive lol @ Dwight being the second best player in the league.

Can they trade Wallace during this offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom