• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

LMFAO @ Lance Stephenson with the tripleflop on Aldrich and demonstrating his bitchassness in full effect IN A SUMMER LEAGUE GAME.

You can't make this shit up.

umm

http://hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx

79% of his shots made are at the rim(tipins-layups-dunks)

He makes about 2.5 shots per game in the area beyond that at about 41.5%, which is a little bit beyond the league center average of 40.2%.

And that totally justifies saying that he's only as good as his athleticism makes him and his offense really isn't that good because all centers make can make those short range shots. Yup. Has nothing to do with being skillful in the post and having a good touch around the basket.

Which is below his averages. Thank you for proving my point....

He's averaged 18 PPG, 13 RPG on 58% FG over his career.

WTF are you even talking about?

Nelo Ice

Banned
That's what I thought. I doubt Dwight makes it to the regular season with Orlando so I can't imagine Gerald Wallace being included in any trades for him.

Yep you know he's going to be gone this offseason. The only question is where. If he's coming to LA it will be Armageddon here lol.

SamuraiX-

James Ham
Following summer league mini-camp yesterday, I was able to ask Kings assistant coach Bobby Jackson why Jimmer Fredette was playing in Las Vegas summer league and Isaiah Thomas was not. According to Jackson, Thomas is taking summer school at UW and will finish his degree and graduate this summer. The Kings are also excited to hand the reigns of the offense over to Jimmer and let him run the show this summer, but they fully support Thomas in his quest for a degree.

Oh, cool.

Good for him. Might as well, he only had one more year left when he committed to the NBA draft last year.

So far Dwight is a liability on offense in spite of the fact he typically has a TS% in the 60s and that being athletic means scoring efficiently is easy and the fact he doesn't take many shots from 3-9 feet when he's a 75% scorer at the rim is bad and the fact that 20/19 is below some sort of average and therefore proving some imaginary point that shadowdork never illuminated to the rest of us

AxYEvXSCQAA1fO8.jpg

So far Dwight is a liability on offense in spite of the fact he typically has a TS% in the 60s and that being athletic means scoring efficiently is easy and the fact he doesn't take many shots from 3-9 feet when he's a 75% scorer at the rim is bad and the fact that 20/19 is below some sort of average and therefore proving some imaginary point that shadowdork never illuminated to the rest of us

Dwight is a liability on offense at the end of games because of his FT shooting. That's it.

Durant's athleticism and shooting makes him a great player, but he's pretty heavily flawed and a lot more so than Dwight.

he has flaws, but hardly heavily flawed.

he learned how to dribble. Did no one watch the Western playoffs? he was killing teams on SnR plays.

giga

Orlando may want all draft picks exchanged in the trade, giving them five first-round picks in a deal without Cavs, league source says.
Just make it every first round pick until 2020 guise.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Durant's athleticism and shooting makes him a great player, but he's pretty heavily flawed and a lot more so than Dwight.

I had a guy try to convince me last week that Jordan was vastly overrated because there were no other SGs as good as him during Jordan's prime.

Basketball fans these days...

Why don't the Bulls offer Noah, Gibson, Mirotic, and the Bobcats pick for Dwight?

Worst case scenario, they clear out salary that they need to clear out by when the $15 million year of Asik's contract kicks in.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why don't the Bulls offer Noah, Gibson, Mirotic, and the Bobcats pick for Dwight?

Worst case scenario, they clear out salary that they need to clear out by when the $15 million year of Asik's contract kicks in.

You'd think that teams that need that one extra push to be elite would take a shot and go for the kill but none of them are ballsy enough. There's a reason we regularly run circles around opposing front offices lol.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Has anyone had a good read on Hennigan yet as a GM? He doesn't seem Billy King dumb to me.

Well this whole Nets saga seemed like a massive smokescreen to get everyone else in the Dwight talks to up their offers.

edit:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...t-howard-jepoardized-after-cavs-withdraw.html
The development has pushed the Magic to continue negotiating with several teams, especially two teams in the Western Conference: the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets.

The Rockets could be the most intriguing possibility for the Magic because they can satisfy Orlando general manager Rob Hennigan’s desire to get multiple draft picks and unload significant salary off his payroll. The Lakers have the one player, Andrew Bynum, that Hennigan covets, but Bynum hasn't committed to accepting an extension in Orlando, nor do the Lakers have the salary-cap space or ready access to draft picks.

SamuraiX- said:
And that totally justifies saying that he's only as good as his athleticism makes him and his offense really isn't that good because all centers make can make those short range shots. Yup. Has nothing to do with being skillful in the post and having a good touch around the basket.

Um yes? The other centers that have have touch and an actual skillset around the basket can score without having to dunk/layup. Dwight gets his points on dunks and layups which he wouldn't get if he lost his athleticism. Why? Because he lacks touch and is undersized. This is basic shit.....

He's averaged 18 PPG, 13 RPG on 58% FG over his career.

WTF are you even talking about?

He averaged 22.9-14.1-1.4 on 59% shooting last year. Which is under-par. He can't beast on one of the weakest frontcourts in the league....

Well this whole Nets saga seemed like a massive smokescreen to get everyone else in the Dwight talks to up their offers.

edit:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...t-howard-jepoardized-after-cavs-withdraw.html
Yeah, he seems to be very crafty. Then again after looking at the offer why would be accept this deal when it's worse than the one management vetoed like a few months ago?
Jared Zwerling:
James White will not be playing on the #Knicks summer league team.
I'm so sorry DCX...

Um yes? The other centers that have have touch and an actual skillset around the basket can score without having to dunk/layup. Dwight gets his points on dunks and layups which he wouldn't get if he lost his athleticism. Why? Because he lacks touch and is undersized. This is basic shit.....

He averaged 22.9-14.1-1.4 on 59% shooting last year. Which is under-par. He can't beast on one of the weakest frontcourts in the league....

he still shot over 56% and 19 boards... Great team Defense limited him to a meager 2-3 pts less still doesn't change the fact that he beasted.

I mean 20-19 on 56% shooting ... If that's not Beasting, I don't know what is.

What? You conveniently ignore every relevant point to try and make some wise ass rebuttal. You even went as far to make up shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom