• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh.

Its a irrelevant abstract semantical concept. There's no written rule. If I said the Heat won this year and failed last year you would know exactly what the fuck I am talking about. IDK why you are trying to play hard ass....

abstract semantics is like me telling you about the meaning of jackson pollock's intent of his brushstrokes.
the 2011-2012 season is over. nothing abstract about that.

"but, were still in the same gregorian calendar year." *derp*

@TommyDeeTKB i say this tongue & cheek, but is your source my timeline? b/c i outlined explicitly how bynum goes to HOU w/ dwight to LAL

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
@bnr1986 you are on point… Sounds like Houston and LAL.

so Houston/LAL/ORL? I hope this is true.

SamuraiX-

Who said this? Didn't follow a lot of the mainstream draft stuff, just DX and Swishscout.

It's hard to name names because I usually stopped listening whenever somebody made a claim like that, but that seemed to be the misguided consensus whenever I read articles or watched ESPN/NBA TV when draft evaluations were being discussed.

exarkun

if we get bynum...

Will I be happy? Hes so injury prone.

Moar like we get Pau's soft ass and Goudelock for Scola, Lamb, Royce White, Martin, and a bag of money.

Which means we get fleeced again.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/10/batum-eager-to-play-for-wolves/
“I’m a restricted free agent,” Batum said. “I know the situation. Anywhere I sign, the Blazers are going to match. But my first choice was, and is, Minnesota. That’s where I want to play and that’s where I want to put my family. I’ve got nothing against the fans (in Portland) and nothing against the city. But this is a basketball decision and basketball wise, I want to be there.
Batum said that he thinks Portland and Minnesota will ultimately work something out.

“I know that they’re working on a sign and trade, and I’m very hopeful that both of them understand my situation, do the best both for me and for them,” he said.

Olshey, Batum said, told him last week that he could be a big part of Portland’s team going forward.

“But like I said, I feel like I have to move on,” Batum said. “I need a new situation and a new start…I feel like it’s the best situation for me in Minnesota. I think that’s a great group of guys. This team can be interesting next year. It could be fun.”

All it took was throwing $45M in his face, but somebody wants to play for the Wolves. Finally.

giga

What's the point of Houston taking Bynum instead of Dwight? So they'll lose the worse player next season instead of the best?

cQw1c.png

It makes zero sense for Houston to be the one giving all the assets to Orlando while LA gets Dwight.

They could keep Scola to match with Dwight, we could throw in Metta and Glock to make numbers work. Scola, prospect and Picks for Bynum ain't bad, not great but not bad. Got to do something, Morey has fucked up.

The structure is similar to the CP3 deal

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dont cry bro, I know he was your supposed young talent and all but...

no one wants to play for a cursed organization.

How am I crying? If he doesn't want to be here, then let him go. Paying $45-50mil for a guy that doesn't care about playing here is never a good situation for anybody.

One reason why I'll never in a million years put Kobe on Jordan's level is because of the talent he has played with. Big Shot Bob, Gasol, Bynum, Shaq, possibly Dwight, etc. The guy has had the luxury of playing with all stars nearly his whole career.

One reason why I'll never in a million years put Kobe on Jordan's level is because of the talent he has played with. Big Shot Bob, Gasol, Bynum, Shaq, possibly Dwight, etc. The guy has had the luxury of playing with all stars nearly his whole career.
Pippen is better than every player that Kobe has played with except for Shaq, and I'm pretty sure Dennis Rodman took Pau's virginity.

Pippen is better than every player that Kobe has played with except for Shaq, and I'm pretty sure Dennis Rodman took Pau's virginity.

That doesn't change my point one bit. Now he's playing with Nash as well. I completely forgot about that. The guy has been gifted talented teammates nearly his whole career.

That came out of nowhere. It's been bugging you for a while hasn't it?

That doesn't change my point one bit. Now he's playing with Nash as well. I completely forgot about that. The guy has been gifted talented teammates nearly his whole career.
Jordan did as well? I'm not sure what you're driving at. By that token, Hakeem is substantially better than Jordan because of the atrocious team that he carried to two championships.

You generally don't win championships with only one player, and Jordan was no exception to that rule. He had a top 25 player of all time by his side for each of his six rings.

That came out of nowhere. It's been bugging you for a while hasn't it?

I've been saying this for years. He's been the most blessed player in NBA history when it comes to teammates and coaching. A couple of years of Smush Parker and a couple of years of Mike Brown does not change that.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There are better arguments to make that Michael Jordan was better than Kobe that don't involve talking about each others teammates.

Like, the fact, that Michael Jordan was better than KObe.

There are better arguments to make that Michael Jordan was better than Kobe that don't involve talking about each others teammates.

I mean, this sentiment is actually intelligible. Michael Jordan was better than Kobe.

You don't get to 72 wins without having a lavishly talented team.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I've been saying this for years. He's been the most blessed player in NBA history when it comes to teammates and coaching. A couple of years of Smush Parker and a couple of years of Mike Brown does not change that.

Its not like Jordan played with scrubs either. Those Bulls teams were built with him in mind and they complimented him well, not to mention Pippin and Rodman were all stars. You don't win chips with scrubs, anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking crack.

Bird had Mchale, Johnson, Ainge, Walton, Parish

Magic had Worthy, Kareem, Scott, Thompson, Mcadoo, Nixon, Cooper

But Kobe is the most blessed of all time?

In addition to Pippen and Rodman, Horace and Harper were no scrubs.

I agree with that, doesn't mean Kobe wasn't on his level.

Its not like Jordan played with scrubs either. Those Bulls teams were built with him in mind and they complimented him well, not to mention Pippin and Rodman were all stars. You don't win chips with scrubs, anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking crack.

72 wins is all you need to say.

Even though Hakeem is one my favorite players of all time it bugs me when people say he won with a bunch of scrubs. He played with Robery Horry, Sam Cassell, Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Otis Thorpe, Mario Elie, and Clyde (for the second championship); none of whom were scrubs.

benjipwns

Banned
Bird had Mchale, Johnson, Ainge, Walton, Parish

Magic had Worthy, Kareem, Scott, Thompson, Mcadoo, Nixon, Cooper

But Kobe is the most blessed of all time?
Kobe played most of his career with the third winningest point guard in NBA history! And that guys replacement is a two-time MVP!

Magic and Bird both played with 2 other hall of Famers and a litany of great role players throughout their careers, along with great or hl of fame coaches. Bill Russell's teams had like 3 or 4 other hall of famers iirc. Hell even Pippen and Rodman are hall of famers. How is Kobe any more "blessed"? What you are realizing is that guys who win multiple rings are usually a part of stacked teams.

linsivvi

You might need to actually check out that NBA history.

Of the last 15 years? Yeah probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom