• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
tk6yH.png

SamuraiX-

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Rashard Lewis in Miami will be allowed to become the one-dimensional player he’a always been. Win-win.

Just chuck dem 3s and suck up dat $13.7 mil that the Hornets still have to pay you.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Despite changing dynamics, Magic are projecting confidence that Dwight Howard will be traded by the end of the week, league sources say.
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Those in contact with Magic front office detect no appetite for the Howard saga to linger into next week and beyond, sources say.

It's nice to want things, Orlando.

linsivvi

just a belated shot at pillonv1.

Fans revolted after Ellis was dealt. I'd want to see them the first few games of the new season, because they were pissed off management "bailed out on the season" in their eyes.

I thought they have pretty good attendance even though they field a pretty crappy team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
DarnellMayberry
Representatives for Hakeem Olajuwon contacted Thunder coach Scott Brooks today. Olajuwon has expressed interest in working with Serge Ibaka.

giga

Lou is "listed" at 6'1. He weights about 170.

So technically no. But he isn't a point either...so unless you have a tall guard (Jrue and Turner) then he's a point guard in terms of where he plays.

Even if you try playing him at the 1, he always believes he's playing the 2 when he's in the game.

he ain't bout dat life
Hm. A Teague + Lou backcourt would be some fine smashmouth fuckball.

Random sight: Sullinger and Turner complain in the exact same fashion. Same facial expression and everything.

It's eerie as hell.

OSU must have a complain to the refs course.

Even if you try playing him at the 1, he always believes he's playing the 2 when he's in the game.

he ain't bout dat life
Coach: "Okay Lou, we playing you at PG."
Lou: "Ok, so my job is to score? Cool!"
Coach: "... no, you're a POINT GUARD"
Lou: "Yeah, I got to put up points. I can do that!"
Coach: "Lou, no. Listen, a point guard doesn't to that. He runs the offense-"
Lou: "-and drives it by scoring, yeah!"
Coach: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LISTEN! His main job it to set up the offense for the team and promote ball movement."
Lou: "... but why do they call it Point Guard when you ain't about scoring points??"
Coach: "I want to resign..."

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
This Jordan v Kobe shit is stupid.

Stats tell it straight up.

FG% - MJ
RPG - MJ
APG - MJ
Steals - MJ
TO - MJ (had less)
Blocks - MJ
PPG - MJ

The only thing Kobe does better than MJ? Slight edge at the 3 point line.

That's it. End this silly discussion. It's a wipeout for MJ.

also: I hated Jordan.. hated him. Yet he's the best player I ever watched, bar none.

Coach: "Okay Lou, we playing you at PG."
Lou: "Ok, so my job is to score? Cool!"
Coach: "... no, you're a POINT GUARD"
Lou: "Yeah, I got to put up points. I can do that!"
Coach: "Lou, no. Listen, a point guard doesn't to that. He runs the offense-"
Lou: "-and drives it by scoring, yeah!"
Coach: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LISTEN! His main job it to set up the offense for the team and promote ball movement."
Lou: "... but why do they call it Point Guard when you ain't about scoring points??"
Coach: "I want to resign..."

Actually Doug loved Lou.

Although that might be due to the fact that he was a player who could take time away from Turner.....

hmmm.

xnipx

The Lou signing is an obvious precursor to the ATL AAU circuit reunion. I remember when he was supposed to be the next iverson with more hops coming out of high school lol

also: I hated Jordan.. hated him. Yet he's the best player I ever watched, bar none.
Wait until someone starts mentioning LeBron vs. MJ.
Actually Doug loved Lou.

Although that might be due to the fact that he was a player who could take time away from Turner.....

hmmm.
I mean Drew, I give him 1.5/2 months before we see that relationship suffer. Sweet Lou/Drew won't work if they intend to play him at PG.

FG% - MJ
RPG - MJ
APG - MJ
Steals - MJ
TO - MJ (had less)
Blocks - MJ
PPG - MJ

It's a very bad idea to compare averages between the two because the 2000s were a slow-paced era and the early 2000s were extremely good defensively. Jordan is better than Kobe, but this is a flawed comparison.

SUPREME1

Banned

FG% - MJ
RPG - MJ
APG - MJ
Steals - MJ
TO - MJ (had less)
Blocks - MJ
PPG - MJ

Uh, I don't think anyone was arguing who was better. People just pointing out how stupid it is to say the reason why MJ is betterthan Kobe comes down to their teamates.

MJ did it all himself yo. No help. No nada. Even Phil doesn;t count because he was still Phil the Grey and not yet Phil the White.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I don't think anyone goes as far to say Lebron is not as talented or athletic as Jordan. They just say he doesn't have a better outside shot and is not nearly as "clutch" or accomplished.

You are fucking joking.

Sixers Insider Dei Lynam reports that the Sixers have acquired 6-foot-9 swingman Dorell Wright from Golden State for a future draft pick.

Wright averaged 10.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season for the Warriors in 27 minutes per game.

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball...uire-Wright-from-Warriors-for-?blockID=738194
Wow I REALLY like that deal. Legit SF who I think is on the rise.
I don't think anyone goes as far to say Lebron is not as talented or athletic as Jordan. They just say he doesn't have a better outside shot and is not nearly as "clutch" or accomplished.
... are you Shawn?

Your name is Shawn, right?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't know what's more exciting...

this Summer League without Dante and Galonte trolling

France getting ghettoblasted by Spain

or the Spurs dooming themselves with the players that didn't show up during the WCF

Fuck John Salmons.

Hate that dude.

"yeah I know you coulda get a draft pick by S&T but god told me Toronto is where I belong yo".

He can go eat barrels of dicks.

Iggy is definitely getting traded, I wonder who's buying?

Naw son...all SF offense.

Turner
Iggy
Wright
Thad
Harkless(Dem Growth Plates yo).

League a'int ready

Jonm1010

Banned

Lebron is argaubly a better passer and a better bully driving to the lane thanks to HGH, but that's about it. Offensive skillset, defensive skillset and the intangibles all go to MJ.

KingKong

LeBron is the closest we've seen to Jordan and even with his crazy efficiency and advanced stats he's not as good, that's how dominant Jordan was

bjb

Banned
Sixers Insider Dei Lynam reports that the Sixers have acquired 6-foot-9 swingman Dorell Wright from Golden State for a future draft pick.

Wright averaged 10.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season for the Warriors in 27 minutes per game.

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball...uire-Wright-from-Warriors-for-?blockID=738194

Wright actually played -ok- two seasons ago. Was plagued with injury this past year.

Clearly Golden State has no intention of winning anytime soon. I guess they're just trying to free up minutes for Harrison Barnes. The fucking Sjack for Jefferson trade made no sense to me, though.

JoeFu

Banned
ugh Cunningham has a hamstring injury and might not play in the summer league :( The only reason to watch the Mavs summer league now gone :(

Bowser

Wright actually played -ok- two seasons ago. Was plagued with injury this past year.

Clearly Golden State has no intention of winning anytime soon. I guess they're just trying to free up minutes for Harrison Barnes. The fucking Sjack for Jefferson trade made no sense to me, though.

They invested the 7th overall pick in the draft, I would think they want to make sure he could get as much playing time as possible right away...

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

Athletically LeBron is a beast.. size, strength, power, speed.. LeBron is a freak of nature. 6'8" 250 vs 6'6" 210? Jordan was a freak athlete as well, but LeBron is something else.

The thing that MJ had that LeBron doesn't is that absolute drive to be the best and always win. It's the one reason that Kobe get's the MJ comparison, he has that. LeBron doesn't.

Anyone who watched him play through his career saw it, and if you saw his HOF speech it just cemented it. Dude was horribly bitter basketball player who never was satisfied.

LeBron is far too happy to ever be MJ. LeBron seems satisfied just goofing around.

SamuraiX-

For anyone who cares, T-Rob's contract according to HoopsWorld: 5-years, $17.8M

He'll be averaging ~3M/yr with backloaded salary on a $3.9M team option and $5.1M qualifying offer, respectively, for the 4th and 5th years of his deal.

And some excerpts from Day 2 of Kings Mini-Camp:

First a little something for dIEHARD.
English thinks Jimmer has been playing more confident and looks more sure of himself on the court. Jimmer did appear a bit more poised on the court, running plays more effectively as his team’s point guard. From the portion of the scrimmage I watched, he dished a few passes and didn’t leave his feet, like he would’ve done last year.

I'd be satisfied with him this season if he's at least able to stop leaving his feet so much. Everything else is a bonus.

As expected, (Darnell) Jackson is also personally mentoring Kings rookie big man Thomas Robinson. Both men are Jayhawk alums and share similar personal backgrounds. ”He mentored me at Kansas and he’s doing the same now,” Robinson said of Jackson. ”So, he’s definitely a big help for me right now.” While he playing in the Ukraine last season, Jackson says he texted Robinson to check on him and his little sister Jayla from time-to-time.

Mentoring from Darnell Jackson? Whatever. I'll take it. Beggars can't be choosers.

Serious answer:

This doesn't mean Iggy is gone...

technically we lost Lou and Meeks.

Young replaces Lou and Wright Replaces Meeks.

I could see a lineup that looks like.

Jrue/Turner(Supersub..lol)
Young/Turner
Iggy/Wright/Harkless
Thad/Allen/Moultrie
Hawes/Allen/Vucevic

yaaaay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom