• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaq is the most blessed player of all time. He has played alongside more future Hall of Famers than any NBA player in HISTORY:
-Kobe
-Wade
-Lebron
-KG
-Nash (closer to his career prime)
-Pierce
-Ray Allen

And was coached by arguably the two most prolific and well-respected coaches in NBA history in Pat Riley and Phil Jackson.

You couldn't possibly fashion a cogent logical argument that Kobe was somehow more "blessed" (what a frivolous word) than Shaq.

KingKong

Kobe played with one of the most dominant players ever in his prime, one of the best coaches and with two more elite bigs

Thats more blessed than anyone else in the last decade

KingKong

Skill + Stats + Longevity + Accolades/Accomplishments + Dominance = Top 10

At the end of his career, yes, top 10 sounds right.

Of course its all relative because what if LeBron or Durant shatter everyones records?

Him, Shaq and Duncan were in some order the greatest players of the 00s

Kobe played with one of the most dominant players ever in his prime, one of the best coaches and with two more elite bigs

Thats more blessed than anyone else in the last decade

That just means he was on the best teams. By your logic Jordan was the "most blessed" of the 90s and Bird/Magic the "most blesses" of the 80s. Only with Kobe people use it against him for some reason. News flash: guys who have 3, 4 and 5 rings have really good teammates! What a grand revelation!

A lot of Bill Russell's teammates became Hall of Fame players because they played with Bill Russell though. Players around superstars usually get to the Hall if they're pretty good because the rings and amount of times on television (which is mostly because of the superstar) causes them to get overrated.

Ehh im pretty sure its just semantical. Referring to 11-12 as this season and 10-11 as last isn't too far fetched....

Fake facts? I posted proof for everything I posted.....just because your illiterate ass can't comprehend...
Bleh.

Its a irrelevant abstract semantical concept. There's no written rule. If I said the Heat won this year and failed last year you would know exactly what the fuck I am talking about. IDK why you are trying to play hard ass....
10 pages now. RECORD.
Has Fisher ever won without Kobe though? lol
Dude has hardly ever played without Kobe.

A lot of Bill Russell's teammates became Hall of Fame players because they played with Bill Russell though. Players around superstars usually get to the Hall if they're pretty good because the rings and amount of times on television (which is mostly because of the superstar) causes them to get overrated.

Wouldn't that also apply to a lot of Kobe's, Jordan's , Magic's and Bird's teammates and in turn refute that stupid "blessed" argument?

KingKong

That just means he was on the best teams. By your logic Jordan was the "most blessed" of the 90s and Bird/Magic the "most blesses" of the 80s. Only with Kobe people use it against him for some reason. News flash: guys who have 3, 4 and 5 rings have really good teammates! What a grand revelation!

Well he wasnt the best player for 3 of those rings.

benjipwns

Banned
Ron Harper won 5 in 5 attempts. So he's better.
He should have gone more times. Didn't even bother to defend that 1998 title, took it easy instead, then ditched the Bulls for the Lakers. Then retired rather than defend the 2001 title.

Plus where are his rings before age thirty? Fish got it done while young.

linsivvi

He should have gone more times. Didn't even bother to defend that 1998 title, took it easy instead, then ditched the Bulls for the Lakers. Then retired rather than defend the 2001 title.

Plus where are his rings before age thirty? Fish got it done while young.

Ron Harper has more swag.

220px-Ron_Harper.jpg

I just realized something: If Dwight Howard can't get traded and has to play in Orlando, he's going to get booed out of the building at home.

He's GOT to be dealt. Has to be, send Dwight to ATL.

I am starting to get jacked up for our first summer league game friday against the Kings. Dunlap, our head coach, is going to be out there running things. I can't wait to see what the style of play will look like.

Lakers-Age, I heard the news...I'm devastated.

We lost our resident 80s coke addicted business man. The henchman that always sniffs when he speaks...

Quinn Synder has left us for Mother Russia.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom