• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...-anderson-to-play-on-the-usa-select-team.html

Ryan Anderson will help the U.S. men’s basketball team prepare for the Summer Olympics in London.

The Orlando Magic forward has been added to the USA Select team roster that will help the Olympic squad train July 6-12 in Las Vegas. CSNBayArea.com first reported the news, and a league source confirmed Anderson’s inclusion to the Orlando Sentinel.

What good is Ryno on the Olympic team, he melts whenever the stakes are high.

pilonv1

Klay is also on the team. USA UGLY SELECT YO

Tim Kawakami ‏ @timkawakami
Warriors announce Joe Lacob's son Kirk has been promoted to assistant GM, reports to GM Bob Myers. Other assistant GM is Travis Schlenk.

Owners son assistant GM? That can't be good.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I1RHe.png

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Do you guys think any team would take Deng or Noah for a high Draft pick? Bulls need a big reconstruction, and it starts with ridding ourselves of one of those two offensive albatrosses.

Boozer is poison, no one wants him.

Do you guys think any team would take Deng or Noah for a high Draft pick? Bulls need a big reconstruction, and it starts with ridding ourselves of one of those two offensive albatrosses.

The guy who is the favorite to go second overall (MKG) will probably be Deng at best and could be much worse.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Boozer isn't poison, and I told you we should have traded Deng when we had the chance! Although, I actually think Bulls should keep Noah for now.

I'll give you Wes J and the 18th pick for Deng

thekad

Banned
ClutchFans said:
In March, the Rockets remained steadfast in their willingness to “rent” Howard and stayed involved in talks with the Magic. At the Toyota Center on trade deadline day after the dust cleared, I was told that Rockets GM Daryl Morey was the last one standing in the Howard chase. Weeks later I was informed that when Rockets front office personnel called it a night in the wee hours of the morning of the trade deadline, they believed they were going to land Howard later that day. The 6-foot-11 center reversed course and agreed to not exercise his opt-out clause to become a free agent, instead staying with the Magic for another year.

It wasn’t until this week that we could say it definitively — multiple sources tell ClutchFans that had Dwight not opted in, he was coming to Houston in a trade.

No wonder he opted in.

Noahs contract is more team friendly. Move Deng this offseason, keep Rose out the entire year, tank for a draft pick and amnesty Booze after the season is over.

Shoulda traded Asik for something while we could.

Branduil

I don't know where these idiots come from who post on Mavs forums and claim that Deron Williams isn't even a top 10 point guard and we're better off not signing him anyway.

JoeFu

Banned
I don't know where these idiots come from who post on Mavs forums and claim that Deron Williams isn't even a top 10 point guard and we're better off not signing him anyway.

lol, just went on DB.com for fun and there's some idiot posting in comic sans?

Now, the NBPA is trying to argue that a player can retain his Early Bird Rights if he is waived by his previous team, but later claimed by another franchise before clearing waivers and becoming a free agent. The idea is borne from the fact that players who are traded always retain their Early Bird Rights as they change teams. The union maintains that being claimed off waivers is akin to being traded (because you aren’t free to sign with a subsequent team of your choosing) and should follow the same rules as trades as far accruing Early Bird Rights.

I’m not entirely sure where the NBPA will be hanging its argument, but Dan L from the Knicks Fan Blog has suggested that the union’s argument will be based on Paragraph 16(f) of the Uniform Player Contract, which states that a contract only terminates if a waived player is not claimed by another team before the expiration of the waiver period (subparagraph iv), i.e. a player clears waivers. If, however, a player is claimed after being put on waivers by his previous team, his contract is assigned to the next team and is, presumably, not terminated. Therefore, the union will likely posit that the player is still playing under his original contract and any Early Bird Rights he might accumulate will continue to accrue in that original contract.

Makes sense, right? Unfortunately, the union is ignoring the definition of Early Bird free agents, who are also known as Early Qualifying Veteran Free Agents. That definition is found in the “Definitions” Article of the Collective Bargaining Agreement at Section 1, paragraph (q) (N.B. I’m operating under the assumption that the definition has not changed in the new CBA). The definition for Early Bird free agents is clearly limited to players who have played for all or parts of 2 seasons with his “Prior Team” (defined as the last team the free agent played for before gaining Early Bird Rights) and ONLY changed teams via 1) trade or 2) by signing with his “Prior Team.” Notably absent from that definition are players who have changed teams via waivers. The league will argue that players who were claimed off waivers were neither traded to their “Prior Team” nor signed by their “Prior Team” (because they were assigned to that team, rather than voluntarily signing with them), and, therefore, are not Early Bird free agents as defined in the CBA.
That case is being heard in mid-June, if the union wins this will have HUGE positive ramifications on the Knicks. They would be able to sign Lin AND Novak without using the MLE at all, then they could go after a FA with the full MLE (O.J. Mayo, Ray Allen) of break it up with cheaper players.

Emwitus

That case is being heard in mid-June, if the union wins this will have HUGE positive ramifications on the Knicks. They would be able to sign Lin AND Novak without using the MLE at all, then they could go after a FA with the full MLE (O.J. Mayo, Ray Allen) of break it up with cheaper players.

I'm guessing the knicks' game plan is just sign every good player they can so what schtick sticks eh

Sweet jesus, that would be awesome. I hope and pray the NBPA wins the case. Replacing JR with someone like Ray Allen or OJ Mayo would make me very happy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oh man. Considering what Wizard was willing to do to get Gasol, I really really hope that he gets shipped there this offseason.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So apparently, Mike Malone is holding out for the Blazers job.

Bobcats are going to be interviewing Ewing, Dave Joerger (Memphis Asst. Coach), Mike Dunlap (St. Johns Asst.), and Nate Tibbets (Cavs Asst. Coach) this week. Many more on the way. Why is this relevant? The Bobcats will actually be having an interview process for the first time since Bernie Bickerstaff was hired.

So apparently, Mike Malone is holding out for the Blazers job.

Bobcats are going to be interviewing Ewing, Dave Joerger (Memphis Asst. Coach), Mike Dunlap (St. Johns Asst.), and Nate Tibbets (Cavs Asst. Coach) this week. Many more on the way. Why is this relevant? The Bobcats will actually be having an interview process for the first time since Bernie Bickerstaff was hired.

I trust Cho to make a sound and logical choice.

And I trust Michael to completely ignore Cho and give the gig to his archenemy turned bestie Ewing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sucks for the Bulls though (Rose injury).

Looking at it on youtube, why the hell was Rose still in the game when the bulls were up 12 with a little over a minute to go in the game?
Rose insisted on playing alongside Boozer. It's weird, but Rose has made it a point all season that he must play with Boozer as much as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom