• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

di-T1MH.gif

That's rich.

I remember when he was supposed to come to USC. Wasted potential.

So with Foye, Young and Billups all set to be FA what do the Clippers do at the 2 next year?

Convince a retarded GM that DJ has tons of upside to con their way to a trade or just hire a hitman to off the guy and free up cap space.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP8744cd89fdd540d2bb3abe0f097148da.html

Wall Street Journal said:
Coaches Doc Rivers of Boston, Rick Carlisle of Dallas and Lionel Hollins of Memphis have been named to the NBA's Competition Committee.

Formerly made up of the league's 30 general managers, the committee now is comprised of three coaches, two owners, four GMs and one representative from the NBA players' association.

Cleveland's Dan Gilbert and Golden State's Joe Lacob are the owners, joined by GMs Bryan Colangelo (Toronto), Sam Presti (Oklahoma City), Mitch Kupchak (Lakers) and Kevin O'Connor (Utah).

The committee recommends rules changes for owners to vote on. It will meet regularly, with its first meeting set for next month's NBA finals.

The old committee of GMs has been reconstituted as the General Managers Committee and will meet annually to discuss the state of the game.

This should be interesting.

Omzz

representing raptors-age here. expecting colangelo to draft another euro player with whatever pick we get.

the man has a fetish i swear

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
representing raptors-age here. expecting colangelo to draft another euro player with whatever pick we get.

the man has a fetish i swear
Or an American who plays like a Euro

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why would you want that deathtrap? Still it's better than the Cats job.

And I'm still cautious that Malone is a total fraud, considering some of the stuff Jackson trotted out.
Portland at least has a good owner

Jon

snap. oh, its a Monday. nevermind.

edit: nobody is reporting it.

OrlandoMagic.com said:
ORLANDO – Orlando Magic Chief Executive Officer Alex Martins announced today that Stan Van Gundy has been relieved of his duties as head coach. In addition President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Otis Smith and the organization have mutually agreed to part ways.

"On behalf of the DeVos Family, we sincerely appreciate and thank Otis and Stan for all that they have done on and off the floor for the Orlando Magic,” said Martins. "These are the days you dread in this business, but we feel it's time for new leadership and new voices.

"They both brought die-hard dedication and an unmatched work ethic on a daily basis,” added Martins. “Their success is well documented, as the Orlando Magic has had the fourth best record in the NBA over the last five years, and entering the playoffs this year the third most playoff wins over that period of time. The disappointment of getting eliminated in the first round of the playoffs these past two seasons played a primary role in our decision, as we feel our momentum towards winning a championship has paused. We wish Otis and Stan all the best and we look forward to taking the next step towards winning that championship."

Van Gundy was named head coach on June 7, 2007, becoming the ninth head coach in franchise history.

Van Gundy has a career NBA head coaching regular season record of 371-208 (.641), including 259-135 (.657) in five seasons in Orlando. He led Orlando to five postseason berths, three Southeast Division titles and the 2009 Eastern Conference crown. Prior to coming to Orlando he served as head coach of the Miami Heat for two-plus seasons.

Well their official website is.

thekad

Banned
Dwight's a dumbass. If the Magic are trying to win now, who can they hire that is a better coach than SVG?

JVG ain't walking through that door.

NYDailyNews said:
Stern’s new committee is expected to work on two major rules changes right away: Adopting the international rule for goaltending, meaning that balls could be legally knocked off the rim or backboard that now would result in a basket; and penalizing “floppers.”

Stern has talked to GMs in the past about changing the goaltending rule, but never got anywhere. But now he’ll have a more receptive group to consider what would be a dramatic change in the defensive rules.

“I think it’s time to look at (flopping) in a more serious way, because it’s only designed to fool the referee,” Stern told ABC during Game 1 of the Heat-Pacers semifinal series. “It’s not a legitimate play in my judgment. I recognize if there’s contact (you) move a little bit, but some of this is acting. We should give out Oscars rather than MVP trophies.”

Perhaps Stern should have the people in charge of officiating teach the refs what a flop is. He was never able to convince the 30 general managers that there had to be a crackdown on the practice, with accompanying penalties.

“Some years ago I told the competition committee that we were going to start fining people for flopping, and then suspending,” he said. “And I think they almost threw me out of the room, (saying), ‘No, let it be.’”

Now, Stern has, in effect, thrown the GMs out of the room, while installing his new committee in to carry out his agenda.

http://tinyurl.com/brzt5ws

Just what the NBA needs. Lower scoring games and Javale McGee winning DPotY.

Meier

Thrilled that Otis is finally out.. literally years too late but oh well, what can ya do. I feel bad for SVG, but I'm good with a clean slate. Obviously it had to happen due to Dwight and SVG issues.

The squad really needs to be significantly overhauled but I don't see how it can happen with all these big contracts on the books. I'm expecting we'll be a playoff team again next year but will end up dealing with Dwight drama again and probably having to trade him because he won't want to be involved in a re-building process.

Branduil

Well, Dwight's not getting traded now.

So the new goaltending rule, would that just be for defensive goaltending, or could offensive players tap in balls on the rim too?

I really, really, really wish the Clippers would dump VDN and get SVG, but the odds of that are very low it seems. We're probably stuck with him for the next two years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I really, really, really wish the Clippers would dump VDN and get SVG, but the odds of that are very low it seems. We're probably stuck with him for the next two years.

They don't have to fire him. It's an option year for him, his fate is decided by June 1st. I could definitely see SVG ending up there pretty easily.

3rdman

Dwight's a dumbass. If the Magic are trying to win now, who can they hire that is a better coach than SVG?

Who are they going to get? Period. What "big name" coach would walk into that environment?

Coupled with the fact that Dwight will be gone in a year's time (does anyone really think he'll stay?), it's a guaranteed clusterfuck of a situation.

Man, Chuck must really hate Kobe.....

What? Hes telling the truth. I applaud him to explain to people the loss is not on Pau it is on Kobe. Pau passed up one shot, Kobe went 2-10 playing hero ball. Its ridiculous for people to blame Pau. Kobe went iso on every play and was not looking to pass.

Gabyskra

Banned
In 8 played games in the playoffs against tough opponents, the Spurs have more wins than the Bobcats got in 66 regular season games playing in the Eastern conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom