• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

nothing can stop that kind of ugly

not even a tyra banks makeover

recap_20120714_klay.jpg

dat beard

LuchaShaq

Banned
The team that just was desperate enough to sign Jason Collins needed Stiesma. This is why I am so glad we were able to bring back Hill. He's nothing special but he's better than the trash like Collins you have to wade through when trying to sign a backup big for cheap money.

Despite having no other real skills Collins is one of the best 1v1 post defenders in the league. Check the stats on him in/out the game vs. post scorers. Hilarious watching Dwight struggle and flail against him then dunk on zaza 4 times in a row.

I've been without internet for the past 24 hours. How is Dwight still not a Laker?

Because his agent publicly stated he's not signing an extension with anyone before next offseason.

All the other stuff you heard about him being deeply moved to become a Laker by Dodger fans clapping for him or whatever was just Twitter lies.

squicken

Because his agent publicly stated he's not signing an extension with anyone before next offseason.

All the other stuff you heard about him being deeply moved to become a Laker by Dodger fans clapping for him or whatever was just Twitter lies.

I thought both LA and Houston were okay with not having a guarantee, thinking they can convince him to stay? The problem is LA needs a third team involved, and getting Bynum re-signed will be an issue and a hangup.

And I know Simmons is hated by Lakers fans, but as he pointed out, Orlando gave Jameer Nelson as dumb a contract as any they are trying to dump. It's very likely that Henny is as bad as most GMs and is paralyzed by incompetence in making a deal. None of them want to be the next Chris Wallace

Nelo Ice

Banned
I thought both LA and Houston were okay with not having a guarantee, thinking they can convince him to stay? The problem is LA needs a third team involved, and getting Bynum re-signed will be an issue and a hangup.

And I know Simmons is hated by Lakers fans, but as he pointed out, Orlando gave Jameer Nelson as dumb a contract as any they are trying to dump. It's very likely that Henny is as bad as most GMs and is paralyzed by incompetence in making a deal. None of them want to be the next Chris Wallace

I thought everyone knew by now Dwight or anyone about to enter free agency next year are not going to be signing extensions period. Also based on what I've read recently Hennigan is still holding out for a deal even though no one is about to increase their offer or he's waiting until next month...when Cleveland's rookies can be traded.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...nsion-would-impact-dwight-howards-salary.html
If Howard becomes a free agent in July 2013 and then signs with the team that has him at the end of the 2012-13 season:
The only way Howard can receive a new five-year contract is if he signs a free-agent deal with the team that has him at the end of the 2012-13 season.

In this scenario, he can receive annual raises of up to 7.5 percent of the salary in the first year of his new deal.

Howard’s maximum 2013-14 salary: $20,324,178
Howard’s maximum 2014-15 salary: $21,848,491
Howard’s maximum 2015-16 salary: $23,372,805
Howard’s maximum 2016-17 salary: $24,897,118
Howard’s maximum 2017-18 salary: $26,421,431
Total over those five seasons: $116,864,024

Analysis: Financially, this would be the best deal for Howard because of the extra season and the 7.5 percent annual raises. A fifth year also might seem more attractive than ever to Howard after he suffered his back injury last season.

That said, a five-year deal has two disadvantages.

First, because he would be locked into that fifth season, he would be able to exert less leverage over his team to make the moves he wants the team to make. All other things equal, a team that knows he can leave after four seasons instead of five likely would be more attentive to his wishes.

Second, if Howard becomes disenchanted after three or four years, he’d be contractually prevented from walking away until July 2018. (Of course, Howard and his agent, Dan Fegan, simply can avoid that problem by insisting on an early-termination clause in his new deal.)

linsivvi

Yeah pretty sure the real problem is with salary matching. Orlando wants to dump all their bad contracts but Lakers can't take them all per league rules, so they'll need to get a 3rd team involved.

Despite having no other real skills Collins is one of the best 1v1 post defenders in the league. Check the stats on him in/out the game vs. post scorers. Hilarious watching Dwight struggle and flail against him then dunk on zaza 4 times in a row.

There's like five post scorers in the NBA.

squicken

Yeah pretty sure the real problem is with salary matching. Orlando wants to dump all their bad contracts but Lakers can't take them all per league rules, so they'll need to get a 3rd team involved.

I think the biggest problem is that the Lakers have to find a team that will take Bynum and be willing to take its chances re-signing him in FA. HOU initially expressed a willingness to do this, but I'm not sure anymore. As a fan I don't want any part of Bynum unless it's a sweetheart deal. All he would do for HOU is mess up tanking and not be good enough to get them anywhere in the playoffs

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think the biggest problem is that the Lakers have to find a team that will take Bynum and be willing to take its chances re-signing him in FA. HOU initially expressed a willingness to do this, but I'm not sure anymore. As a fan I don't want any part of Bynum unless it's a sweetheart deal. All he would do for HOU is mess up tanking and not be good enough to get them anywhere in the playoffs

Cle wants him hardbody... But wants the extension in place

squicken

Cle wants him hardbody... But wants the extension in place

But his agent said he won't do one till the offseason b/c of the money difference. So it seems like that is go nowhere. I'm sure LA is telling the Cavs to just do it b/c Bynum is all about the money and would stay b/c he can make more. Maybe they'll eventually get them on board

Alan Hahn:
Stoudemire will spend two weeks with Hakeem Olajuwon in Houston next month. The cost of learning The Dream Shake? $50,000 a week is what we were told. Now, we don't know of Olajuwon is charging Stoudemire full price, but Amar'e plans to get bang for his buck. He said he plans to memorize every lesson so he can expand his game to include one or two go-to moves on the post. Stoudemire has been known as mostly a pick-and-roll player who developed a mid-range jumper in 2010-11. Mike Woodson wanted him to be more of a threat in the post, so he asked his former Rockets teammate to spend some time with Stoudemire. Tyson Chandler is also expected to spend some time with Olajuwon after the Olympics
STAT is back down to 245 after playing last season at 260. Says he may lose 10 more pounds.

Also reading J.R. Smith tweet about watching the British Open and laughing my ass off.

squicken

Is there any fan base that he played for that likes Shaq? Seems to be well liked except for the places he played. Guess Miami fans that were Heat fans before LeBron probably do not dislike him

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Is there any fan base that he played for that likes Shaq? Seems to be well liked except for the places he played. Guess Miami fans that were Heat fans before LeBron probably do not dislike him
Everyone dislikes Shaq, truthfully. It's just that no one really says it. He's like that annoying guy in class that everyone finds annoying, but no one is mean enough to break his heart.

Doomsayer

I'm watching the rerun of USA vs GB.

Holy shit, Deron was just killing it in the 3rd quarter.

The lack of an inside scorer is going to ruin this team though.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Everyone dislikes Shaq, truthfully. It's just that no one really says it. He's like that annoying guy in class that everyone finds annoying, but no one is mean enough to break his heart.

Maybe I'm biased but the only people I knew before his stint on TNT that hate shaq are psycho current Laker fans who act like Kobe is the GOAT.

Now that he sucks on TNT alot more people dislike him.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Dear god

Please don't let Manu injured today.

I think Argentina may play today's game like it's the gold medal game :x

SamuraiX-

John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann
Today's USA starting lineup (via @briancmahoney) has played just 2:44 together (vs. Brazil). Didn't allow a point.

Lock 'em down!

Glad KD is finally starting. Can't believe ratface was starting Melo ahead of him. Melo must be so steaming right now. bahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom