• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm okay with the Hill signing. Him, Jamison, McBobs, and possible Sacre give enough capable bench bigs. Both jamison and hill rebound well, so that's good for a bench unit.

He's a bit overpaid ($2.5 mil should have been his salary) but in this NBA it's fine. And with only 2 years committed, even better.

Still need a backup wing that can shoot 3s and isn't tiny.

Also, I'd put money on McBobs being shipped out for something like a 2nd round pick at some point this season. His $3 mil salary is worth $6 mil and with jamison and Hill on board (and since Pau still plays backup C), he's the odd man out. I bet he still has value, so it wouldn't shock me to see him traded for nothing just to save money.

most of the quotes don't match what he is talking about at all. It felt like Simmons' trying to force the new hot pop culture thing (that he is about 6 months late on the bandwagon for) that he's into and trying to make it adaptable to sports. Just write a column about Game of Thrones. It's not like Grantland is a sports-only site.

It was just bad, and his salt was oceanic. Yes, we know you hate the Lakers, and Giants, etc, the schtick is old.

Omega

Banned
Still no love or respect for Isaiah Thomas in here, I see.

For shame, BestGAF. For shame...

He's 5'9, 180lb or something. He played great last season but him being massively undersized might hurt him eventually.

He was probably the best rookie in the second half of the season though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Being good at attacking the rim is an awesome skill to have in today's NBA, but it's a problem with us because it's the best offensive skill of all 3 of our likely back-court starters. It's going to limit the amount of minutes all 3 (Kemba, MKG, and Hendo) are going to be on the court together.
I count Kemba's runs at the rim as turnovers.

Henderson is the only guy who can get to the rim other than MKG.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm okay with the Hill signing. Him, Jamison, McBobs, and possible Sacre give enough capable bench bigs. Both jamison and hill rebound well, so that's good for a bench unit.

He's a bit overpaid ($2.5 mil should have been his salary) but in this NBA it's fine. And with only 2 years committed, even better.

Also, I'd put money on McBobs being shipped out for something like a 2nd round pick at some point this season. His $3 mil salary is worth $6 mil and with jamison and Hill on board (and since Pau still plays backup C), he's the odd man out. I bet he still has value, so it wouldn't shock me to see him traded for nothing just to save money.

It's more likely you give someone else a 2nd round pick to take McRob for nothing/random euro guys rights who will never come over to America to save cash.

bargnani-andrea_940-8col.jpg

Unguardable.

SamuraiX-

He's 5'9, 180lb or something. He played great last season but him being massively undersized might hurt him eventually.

He was probably the best rookie in the second half of the season though.

I never understood why people always use player heights w/o shoes when talking about them. An inch or two makes a pretty big difference and every player is at the very least an inch taller in shoes.

diehard

Fleer
if anything the Kings Thomas has more of a right to that nickname than Pistons Thomas.

Wes Johnson is the perfect example of "summer league doesn't matter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom