• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I had no idea that was still going on. I remember the lockout and there was dissension with his leadership. If he is being investigated, it seems like he should resign. Why don't the players fire him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympi...ht-to-preserve-olympic-basketball-format.html

The solution is simple here, but there's a reason the players have been left drifting on the issue, uninformed and unaware of the NBA's behind-the-scenes machinations to move a plan with FIBA into motion: Players Association executive director Billy Hunter is too weakened and distracted to engage the issue. For months, Hunter has been hell-bent on burning through the NBPA's coffers to bankroll lawyers to try and protect himself in a joint probe into the union's business practices by the U.S. Attorney's Office and Department of Labor. The players' interests are barely on his radar because he's in complete self-preservation mode.

The investigators have seized union records and emails, sources say, and have interviewed numerous staff employees on how the union does business under Hunter -- and who and what entities benefit financially. The NBPA has been torn into two distinct groups: Hunter, family members, and fierce staff loyalists against everyone else. Rest assured: When this is over, the only guaranteed losers are the NBA's players. Hunter isn't defending them now -- he's defending himself. And the cost in wasted money, resources, and manpower will be steep.

g23

European pre-madonna
I thought azubuike and gordon were playing for G Britain.

All I see from the NBA are Deng and Mensa-Bonsu

Shved has 12 points, 10 assists, 3 steals. Parade planned.

ShvedKiri2.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this last game will be the best out of all the pool play games not involving Nigeria

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
you guys remember when marbury went crazy?

does anyone have a link to that nba thread?

jobber

Lithuania is cracking

I haven't seen them self destruct this bad in a couple of years

jobber

This game is over.

I thought it was a shot of Lithuania giving the US team a scare but not playing like this.

This is a 4 team race between Nigeria Argentina US and Spain. I respect Australia, Brazil, and France but they're not ready

linsivvi

dead serious

Nigeria uses cheat codes to win. They shouldn't even be in the Olympics right now after getting bodied for 35 minutes in the last game of the qualifying tournament.

It would take an upset similar to 2006 for the US to not win gold here, and the only team that remotely has a chance is Spain. Argentina is older than the Spurs.

oh boy..

Go ahead, admit it. You like this LeBron James.

You like our country's best basketball ambassador at the Olympics, the greatest all-around player in the world already proving it at these Games.

You like how James defers to elder statesman Kobe Bryant out of respect and connects with Coach K well enough to talk to Mike Krzyzewski about everything from leadership styles to tattoo designs...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...s-haugh-basketball--20120730,0,1255377.column

jobber

It would take an upset similar to 2006 for the US to not win gold here, and the only team that remotely has a chance is Spain. Argentina is older than the Spurs.

You call it old age. I call it experience. Out of all the exhibition games, Argentina hung with the US and made it look close. The same guys playing together for 8+ years do have an advantage.

linsivvi

You call it old age. I call it experience. Out of all the exhibition games, Argentina hung with the US and made it look close. The same guys playing together for 8+ years do have an advantage.

jobber
Would let Manu Ginobili sleep with his wife
(Today, 07:03 AM)

jobber

jobber
Would let Manu Ginobili sleep with his wife
(Today, 07:03 AM)

It's not all about Manu. Argentina plays beautiful basketball. Even if you don't like any of the players, the passing and off ball movement is almost perfect. Most bball fans are just use to iso iso iso iso iso shoot.

squicken

This article is sponsored by the players' agents.

Regarding the World Cup or the Billie Hunter part? Or both?

I would think the players should definitely have their heads up on the World Cup thing. I mean, there's really no reason for the owners to be making anywhere close to what the players should make on that.

It's not all about Manu. Argentina plays beautiful basketball. Even if you don't like any of the players, the passing and off ball movement is almost perfect. Most bball fans are just use to iso iso iso iso iso shoot.

quoted for when the usa beats them by 25

squicken

Gotta figure Les Alexander is in favor of the under 23 format

NBA owners and executives worry far less about sending their players to participate with Team USA than they do the rest of the world's teams. After all, there's a different nationalistic pressure for elite international players to participate on national teams. For Bryant, the toll on his body is minimal: USA Basketball controls practice time for its veterans and needed to play him only 12 minutes in the victory over France. There's never a singular talent that the Americans couldn't win a gold medal without on the floor.

Across the floor, the burden on the San Antonio Spurs' Tony Parker was immense. For years, he has labored to get France into the Olympics, and has played with serious injuries in international competitions. He logs significant minutes, and once had France's doctors clear him to play despite sustaining a broken finger. Manu Ginobili tore an ankle ligament for Argentina in the 2008 Olympics and needed surgery. The Netherlands once cleared former Spurs center Francisco Elson to play with a fractured eye socket

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympi...tect-investment-in-international-players.html

LQX

No matter how many right things he does and says these days the decision soured me so much on him that there really is nothing he's going to do to make me like him.

Did it also sour you on the media like ESPN that hyped the shit out of it then ran off after it all fell on LeBron because people hated his final decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom