• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all about the long Con these days. Don't even mention moving the team until its time to start building the new stadium.
As Rodeo said, TC just had renovations passed in the Vikes stadium bill and the lease isn't up for a while

Taylor has been pretty adamant about keeping the team here throughout his ownership

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Its all about the long Con these days. Don't even mention moving the team until its time to start building the new stadium.

These days? There was nothing long con about the sonics and that was the last team to move.

squicken

These days? There was nothing long con about the sonics and that was the last team to move.

I really didn't pay attention to it at the time, but it was always strange that they moved from a relatively recently renovated arena. I knew that OKC people wanted to move the team. I was just surprised at the time that they could.

SUPREME1

Banned
0727-kobe-bryant-girls-2-tmz-wm-2.jpg

0727-kobe-bryant-girls-1-tmz-wm-3.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/29/kobe-bryant-topless-hotel-party-women-photos-team-usa/

Sex Snake wins Gold in Smanging.

White girls win Silver.

LeBron's mom
wins Bronze.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I really didn't pay attention to it at the time, but it was always strange that they moved from a relatively recently built arena. I knew that OKC people wanted to move the team. I was just surprised at the time that they could.

Key Arena was renovated in 95, but the footprint is from the 60s. It didn't have the luxury boxes NBA owners love. Plus, when Bennett bought the team, there were only 3 years left on the lease. It was an easy out.

Tear down the team, drive people away, ask for half a billion dollars for an arena you don't actually want. At least he could say he tried.

squicken

Key Arena was renovated in 95, but the footprint is from the 60s. It didn't have the luxury boxes NBA owners love. Plus, when Bennett bought the team, there were only 3 years left on the lease. It was an easy out.

Tear down the team, drive people away, ask for half a billion dollars for an arena you don't actually want. At least he could say he tried.

Yeah I had forgotten it was just a massive renovation. Makes sense it would have had so little time left on the lease. It's always seemed so dumb to me to make the public pay for a stadium with 30 year bonds, but only force the team to sign a 15-20 year lease. Houston is still paying off renovations to the Astrodome given to appease the Oilers

Hell yeah!

Nice pickup. He may actually be a better pure PG than Jrue.

I suck and I may be a better point than Jrue at times.

Dat UCLA/ Howland fuckball ruined him and he doesn't have the insane athleticism like YNB to make up for it.

Wayns will get cut tho...we got Royal Ivey yo.

Piecake

Feels good.

Glad the wolves are staying in Minnesota for a while. And I really didnt have a whole lot of problems with Taylor as an owner. I thought he was willing to spend money when our team was good and it made sense to do so. obviously, my issue, along with everyone else's, is that he hired some terrible terrible people to run the wolves franchise, and was either too loyal or nice or something to fire them

SamuraiX-

I suck and I may be a better point than Jrue at times.

Dat UCLA/ Howland fuckball ruined him and he doesn't have the insane athleticism like YNB to make up for it.

Wayns will get cut tho...we got Royal Ivey yo.

LOL

Fuck, I forgot you guys brought Ivey back. Wayns would be such a perfect compliment running point for the Sixers though, with all the cutters and motion offense they have, especially in transition.

LOL

Fuck, I forgot you guys brought Ivey back. Wayns would be such a perfect compliment running point for the Sixers though, with all the cutters and motion offense they have, especially in transition.

Like Doug would play a rookie anyway...

Unless Wayns shows he can take time away from Turner, he's not gonna make it.

When does team USA play again, and what time?

Team USA Group Schedule

Sunday, July 29 – USA vs. France – 9:30 a.m. ET – NBCSN, NBC Basketball

Tuesday, July 31 – Tunisia vs. USA – 5:15 p.m. ET – NBCSN, NBC Basketball

Thursday, August 2 – USA vs. Nigera – 5:15 p.m. ET – NBCSN, NBC Basketball

Saturday, August 4 – Lithuania vs. USA – 9:30 a.m. ET – NBCSN, NBC Basketball

Monday, August 6 – USA vs. Argentina – 5:15 p.m. ET – NBCSN, NBC Basketball

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Taylor renovated the target center before at his own expense. He's not a bad owner. The problem is he's too loyal to bad staff members *coughMcHalecough*

linsivvi

Haha, I was sitting in a car dealership earlier today and they were showing the U.S. volleyball game on the TV there, and right when I saw that shot of Kobe, I knew it would be gif'd. :lol

I can see this gif being used a lot in the upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom