• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lol refs

1XYJC.gif

Hop stop. lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I loved Persona 4 but I got really bored of 3 so I'm not super interested in the fighter.

Not much of a fighting player myself, heck I only started with that genre a few months ago, and I want to play Persona 4 but never have. And the game I started with was Street Fighter x Tekken (thanks Hito >:/)

At this point I'm waiting for the Vita version but thats not out in English for another 2 months. Really awkward since P4A's story mode will inevitably spoil the entire game basically. So I can pick up P4A and like just not touch story mode at all I guess.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not much of a fighting player myself, heck I only started with that genre a few months ago, and I want to play Persona 4 but never have. And the game I started with was Street Fighter x Tekken (thanks Hito >:/)

At this point I'm waiting for the Vita version but thats not out in English for another 2 months. Really awkward since P4A's story mode will inevitably spoil the entire game basically. So I can pick up P4A and like just not touch story mode at all I guess.

SFxT was terrible

it hurt me too bro

Should just play Persona 4 before P4A comes out.

h3ro

I don't really play moneygrab conversions of JRPGs.

For shame Dy.

FOR SHAME.

WTF

The game is anything but a moneygrab. It's ArcSys! Agreed with Dy, I'll buy anything from the people that made Guilty Gear and BlazBlue, Persona license or no license.

Shame on you, Frankie.

Also, SFxT is dogshit. I want my money back for that steaming pile. Don't support that trash, Nori.

Mxrz

Are all the Olympic games going to be broadcast at fuckthis am?

How long will it take to find something to bitch about with Vaughn? His name is kind of making me angry already. Meanwhile Hennigan looks like the guy who should be fetching coffee. Being younger than half the starters is a swell-fucking-sign, too.

Hooray for the future.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

How long will it take to find something to bitch about with Vaughn? His name is kind of making me angry already. Meanwhile Hennigan looks like the guy who should be fetching coffee. Being younger than half the starters is a swell-fucking-sign, too.

Hooray for the future.

Vaughn is like 2 years older than me...

I like it.

Dude has ties to Orl... and was an ast to Pop.. Not a bad hire at all imo..

edit: Awesome JV stat.. "He also set an NBA record for consecutive missed field goal attempts to open a season, missing his first 22 to start the 2001 season with the Atlanta Hawks."

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Hooray for the future.

No experienced coach who could find a job elsewhere was walking through that door.

If the choice is a young guy looking to prove himself or an old retread who mainly gets jobs for his name alone why would you not want the former every single time?

pilonv1

edit: Awesome JV stat.. "He also set an NBA record for consecutive missed field goal attempts to open a season, missing his first 22 to start the 2001 season with the Atlanta Hawks."

Pretty sure he cried about ESPN tracking it at the time saying it put him off his game.

Mxrz

I'm not hating on Vaughn all that much, I can barely remember him as a player. He took the job, so that's something. But I saw Hennigan on TV for the first time this weekend, and whatever confidence I had in the organization took a dive. Hennigan just looks and sounds way too young to me.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Strangely fitting.

Mxrz

i wonder if magic can still make the playoffs.

I hope not.

Its weird to say, but being first round fodder is the worst feeling. Its different if you have young guys and can improve, but that isn't going to be the case unless that crazy Houston deal happens. Lotto or contender is a really shitty outlook, but that's the league.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
http://youtu.be/aom4cQXk0KY

BTW nice vid. Seeing Dumars do that spin to the baseline on MJ...lol

That's Laimbeer's gameplan. That's what I like about when people go 'oh man he owned him'. Laimbeer's whole plan was to piss players off and make them foul and get in trouble. He almost never started the fights, he'd usually raise his arms and go like 'why would you do that?'

The only time I really saw him get styled on was when Bird decided he wanted to murder them in points for Bill hitting him

That's Laimbeer's gameplan. That's what I like about when people go 'oh man he owned him'. Laimbeer's whole plan was to piss players off and make them foul and get in trouble. He almost never started the fights, he'd usually raise his arms and go like 'why would you do that?'

The only time I really saw him get styled on was when Bird decided he wanted to murder them in points for Bill hitting him

I was gonna post that first, then I saw the Pippen clip

http://youtu.be/7jBWiol12SA

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/164219856.html?refer=y
Glen Taylor, who has owned the Timberwolves for 18 seasons and the Lynx for 13, has found the successor he has been looking for. In the near future, Taylor will close a deal to sell 25 percent of the franchises, and eventually the new owner will own the majority.

Unfortunately, the buyer is from outside the Twin Cities, but Taylor insists he will continue to own a share of the two teams and will make sure that they don't move out of the state.

"Yes, I have [found a buyer], and we're working on trying to put a deal together, and it would be a deal that would leave me involved for a number of years yet, but it would be a good transition," Taylor said Sunday.

"I will be an owner for a number of years but gradually bring in a partner, if this would work out. I'd bring in a partner and ... we'd work together. In the initial years, he would have less than 50 percent and then in the later years he would have more than 50 percent and would have the ownership."

Until the papers are signed, Taylor refuses to reveal the future owner's name. Apparently, though, he has agreed to keep the two teams in Minnesota as a part of the purchase agreement.

Feels good.

arcsys is a money grab?

are all knicks fans as shameless as you?
WTF

The game is anything but a moneygrab. It's ArcSys! Agreed with Dy, I'll buy anything from the people that made Guilty Gear and BlazBlue, Persona license or no license.

Shame on you, Frankie.
The truth is never pretty. What's next, they gonna develop a fighter for NBA 2K?

SF2vsNBA_fullsize.jpg

See THEN I'll might be interested. Ron Artest will be the most overpowered fool in that game.

Nori Chan

WTF

Shame on you, Frankie.

Also, SFxT is dogshit. I want my money back for that steaming pile. Don't support that trash, Nori.
haters gone hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom