• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is silly. Nigeria is ultra-weak. And Melo is always the best American in international ball, his skillset is perfect for it. Nothing new for him.
It's not the scoring, it's just to give more of a fuck to every facet of the NBA game.
No. That's just shitty bball.

You don't get what fuckball is.
Oh EXCUSE ME my liege. May I be so bold as to inquire as to what is fuckball then?

linsivvi

hmmm... there was something different about a portion of those games.

Almost like there was someone missing...

He was there in this game though...

zKYbl.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Good point. One week in the D-League, then pre-season, then the Regular Season.

Denver got more than a fair haul for Carmelo.

You left and not a tear was shed by Bulls-GAF.

Nobody cares about you doe.

Lakers-GAF wouldn't even trade Konex for you.
Most of Bulls-GAF drowned when the Titanic sank. I found a nicer boat.

T Dollarz

As a part of Bulls GAF, I will say that placing our entire future on a young 20s dude coming off ACL surgery with the rest of the team shaky at best... I almost want to jump off this ship. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US???!!!!

And people were saying Carmelo shouldn't have been on the team. He's been one of the best players so far.

I had no idea that everybody saying "Carmelo has the perfect skill set for the Olympics" means that people were saying Carmelo shouldn't have been on the team.

and you wonder why you think "everybody wants Stoudemire hurt" --- you make this shit up in your own head

Cloudy

Banned
And people were saying Carmelo shouldn't have been on the team. He's been one of the best players so far.

He's always one of the best players on international teams. The again, he's one of the best players in the NBA regardless of what the haters say

linsivvi

As a part of Bulls GAF, I will say that placing our entire future on a young 20s dude coming off ACL surgery with the rest of the team shaky at best... I almost want to jump off this ship. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US???!!!!

Rose is not the problem, he'll recover. Even at 80% you can still build a winning team around him. It's the owner that's the problem.

Who the hell would dismantle one of the biggest dynasties in sports history to save money?

charsace

I had no idea that everybody saying "Carmelo has the perfect skill set for the Olympics" means that people were saying Carmelo shouldn't have been on the team.

and you wonder why you think "everybody wants Stoudemire hurt" --- you make this shit up in your own head

Why would I make this up. IWMTB post some stats to show how much better the team is when Love is on the floor vs Melo and said he shouldn't be on the team and some people agreed with him.

Derrick01

Banned

Trade our training staff for phoenix's. Fire most of the front office. Teach DRose how to shoot finally when he's healthy. It's a good start at least.

Firing the front office won't fix the owner. He's the problem.

Yep I would say in most instances look at an owner's activity and it will usually line up with how the franchise is run over a long period of time.

Why would I make this up. IWMTB post some stats to show how much better the team is when Love is on the floor vs Melo and said he shouldn't be on the team and some people agreed with him.

I am fairly certain IWMTB never posted anything like that

Please show me

SamuraiX-

I'm sorry, am I reading this box score right?

Can somebody please explain to me how in the everloving fuck Melo dropped 37 points in 14 minutes on +80% shooting???

And has any USA team, ever, beat another team as badly as this team beat Nigeria today?

USA Basketball ‏@usabasketball
In case you were wondering ... Melo's 37 points came in 14 minutes. No, that's not a typo.

HOW????

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just saw that the Bobcats may be inviting Scoop Jardine to training camp.

Family ties all up in this bitch fuck like wtf

giga

Coach K mad at the media.

Nevertheless, a question in the postgame news conference about the U.S. running up the score stiffened Krzyzewski, inspiring him to respond with marked defiance.

"We didn't play LeBron [James] and Kobe [Bryant] in the second half, and with Carmelo shooting like that, we benched him," Krzyzewski said. "We didn't take any fast breaks in the fourth quarter, and we played all zone. You have to take a shot every 24 seconds, and the shots we took happened to be hit.

"I take offense to this question because there's no way in the world that our program in the United States sets out to humiliate anyone."

SamuraiX-

What is it with foreign media and always trying to play these Team USA beatdowns as purposeful humiliation on our part? How about the fact that they played against the joke of the jokes in terms of competition?

Salty as shit.

Prokhorov's hirings have been Billy King, Jay-z and Avery Johnson. WTF do any of those people know about basketball?

Didn't you know that anytime you can trade for a shooting guard out of his prime who also has one of the worst contracts in league history that you have to do it?

What is it with foreign media and always trying to play these Team USA beatdowns as purposeful humiliation on our part? How about the fact that they played against the joke of the jokes in terms of competition?

Salty as shit.

Can't say much about us anyway, we are professional as fuck....on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom