• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

If ya'll are looking for some entertainment between the Olympics on this lovely Thursday evening, consider checking out the pedophilia topic on Gaming side.

Well the assumption is that anybody that finds these kind of things "cute" has limited or no sexual experience and are quite naive and awkward, which is pretty creepy cos you basically have man-children playing games where they talk to 15 year old anime characters when they should probably be having sex with women or at least trying to have sex with women

But I mean, that's a generalisation. I'm sure some people have sex with human women and like anime children. Still. I don't see a relation to homophobia. I don't think gay men play games with little girls. Wouldn't make much sense.

A99j0l.jpg

lol. Perfect pic in response.

I didnt think they ran up the score. passed up on at least 8 opportunities to push the fast break, took out Carmelo and Kobe, and took low percentage bombs every other possession.
what else are you 'posed to to do and not look disrespectful? I think driving and slashing to the bucket would have looked worse.

So before I go back and read the reactions, did Knicks-Age lose their minds today?

And people were saying Carmelo shouldn't have been on the team. He's been one of the best players so far.

I had no idea that everybody saying "Carmelo has the perfect skill set for the Olympics" means that people were saying Carmelo shouldn't have been on the team.

and you wonder why you think "everybody wants Stoudemire hurt" --- you make this shit up in your own head

Why would I make this up. IWMTB post some stats to show how much better the team is when Love is on the floor vs Melo and said he shouldn't be on the team and some people agreed with him.

I never posted any plus or minus stats for the Olympics other than Chandler's.

A little bit

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
LOL @ the US needing a "tiebreaker".

This isn't 2004, brah.

Well Russia and Spain are undefeated in the other pool. Both won't end up undefeated because they have to play each other.

Points would matter for teams that are trying to make it to the knockout round. If the last 2 teams pool b end up with the same record, point differential would come into play. Of course those 2 teams would run up the score to stay away from the US.

I wouldn't say the US has everything on lock. The Spanish soccer team was considered "the greatest soccer team in history" and you saw what happened to them...or maybe you didn't. They lost the first 2 games and won't make the knockout round.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well Russia and Spain are undefeated in the other pool. Both won't end up undefeated because they have to play each other.

Points would matter for teams that are trying to make it to the knockout round. If the last 2 teams pool b end up with the same record, point differential would come into play. Of course those 2 teams would run up the score to stay away from the US.

I wouldn't say the US has everything on lock. The Spanish soccer team was considered "the greatest soccer team in history" and you saw what happened to them...or maybe you didn't. They lost the first 2 games and won't make the knockout round.

Uh pretty sure people say that the Spanish national team is one of the greatest soccer teams of all time.

Not the Under 23 Spanish team. Theres a pretty big difference there.

pilonv1

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
In 3 Olympic games with Lithuania, forward Jonas Valanciunas averaging 4.6 points & 2.6 rebounds. Valanciunas will be rookie with Raptors this season, was selected with the No. 5 overall draft pick (one behind Cavs' Tristan Thompson) in 2011.

lol

Fjordson

I won't say it's on lock, never know what could happen, but it's close. I mean wtf was up with Spain today? I didn't see the game but the highlights had them down to the wire against Britain, only won by 1. Seems weird since Britain looked like garbage when USA played them.

Basketball =/= Soccer

You had this same tired argument in 2008, along with Himuro.

Those were good times....laughing at people (a lot of Americans too!) openly rooting against the Americans because they hated their "attitude".

Charles telling it like it is:

"I think it's a disgrace that they haven't taken care of Tom Thibodeau," Barkley said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "This guy is unbelievable. I'm surprised they haven't given him a long ... But apparently (the Chicago Bears) screwed Matt Forte for the last year and a half. Something bout you guys in Chicago, you're all cheap, you don't want to pay people."

Barkley said the fact the Bulls have had the league's best record the last two regular seasons is a testament to Thibodeau.

"The Bulls came out of nowhere the last two years," Barkley said. "And let's be honest, (Joakim) Noah is my favorite player, you know I'm a big Derrick Rose fan, he's just a flat-out stud, but for that team to have the best record in the NBA (in 2010-11) and be right there again (in '11-12), and I have to tell you something, it ain't like they have a bunch of (butt-kickers) on that team, I might add. They just play great defense, and they play with great energy. But when you stack up the Bulls against the elite teams, they're not the most talented bunch in the world."
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/9669/barkley-no-extension-for-thibs-is-disgrace

thekad

Banned
Derrick Rose
Luol Deng
Joakim Noah
Carlos Boozer
Taj Gibson
Omer Asik
Kyle Korver
Ronnie Brewer

Looks like they had a lot of talent actually...

Derrick Rose
Luol Deng
Joakim Noah
Carlos Boozer
Taj Gibson
Omer Asik
Kyle Korver
Ronnie Brewer

I wouldn't call Brewer "talented". That elbow hitch made his jumpshit one of the worst in te league. Good defender and I wish he hadn't left, but he's a hustle player.

Derrick Rose
Luol Deng
Joakim Noah
Carlos Boozer
Taj Gibson
Omer Asik
Kyle Korver
Ronnie Brewer

I think what he means is that Deng/Boozer/Noah don't exactly inspire fear in opposing defenses. Like Iverson's 01 Sixers, the team is full of role players and only clicks because of their superstar and excellent defense.

giri

Derrick Rose
Luol Deng
Joakim Noah
Carlos Boozer
Taj Gibson
Omer Asik
Kyle Korver
Ronnie Brewer

Uhhhh no. Depth doesn't mean talent. Rose and deng are the only talented players. Noah Asik taj and brewer just play extremely hard.

Also. Anyone mad at the US for running up the score is dumb. Its sport at the ultimate championship in the world. No mercy should be given.

Fox318

Uhhhh no. Depth doesn't mean talent. Rose and deng are the only talented players. Noah Asik taj and brewer just play extremely hard.

Also. Anyone mad at the US for running up the score is dumb. Its sport at the ultimate championship in the world. No mercy should be given.
You should always play. We put the second team in bit you still gotta play hard.

Playing hard is a talent but they don't have a lot of bucket getters that's their problem

Never forget that Boozer was supposed to be option B...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom