• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If blake starts the season on the lakers...we already lost.
kobe.gif

Lakers dodged a bullet, not sure why their FO was high on Miles.

think it's more of "he's the best of a bad bunch" situation. Who else is out that better for the vet minimum?

I don't think barbosa plays for the min.

Lakers are kind of out of options, here. Not sure who they get.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
think it's more of "he's the best of a bad bunch" situation. Who else is out that better for the vet minimum?

I don't think barbosa plays for the min.

Lakers are kind of out of options, here. Not sure who they get.
Exactly. It's simply a matter of who they can get now.

If the Lakers could get Barbosa for the vet min they will be my undisputed favorite to make the finals from the West. He is exactly what they need. Pietrus and Delfino are next best options after him.

Barbosa has never been able to play lock down defense. He has all the tools though. He's got the speed, wingspan, and athleticism to guard the 1 and 2 but he lacks the focus and position/spacing awareness needed to take advantage of it. Maybe Mike Brown could get more out of him there? He'd be the best backup Kobe has had since Ariza left though, I don't think you can dispute that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Barbosa has never been able to play lock down defense. He has all the tools though. He's got the speed, wingspan, and athleticism to guard the 1 and 2 but he lacks the focus and position/spacing awareness needed to take advantage of it. Maybe Mike Brown could get more out of him there? He'd be the best backup Kobe has had since Ariza left though, I don't think you can dispute that.

Dude, Barbosa has been ass for the past 3 years

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just noticed this

Mike Brown has never got more out of anyone lol
I haven't watched him play since he left Phoenix, has he really fell off that much since then?

He made Jerryd Bayless look like a quality starter in Toronto and when he steps on the floor in Indy he takes that team to a level below fuckball.

SUPREME1

Banned
Lakers need to sign Phelps. Dude just won again (100m fly) to get his 17th gold.

He'll show us how to get our 17th.

Edit:

LeBron is like the Chinese swimmer who won gold the other day. They both won their first under dubious circumstances.

KingJ2002

that's the way i look at it... glock hasn't stepped up so right now the lakers need a decent back up for kobe. If barbosa plays to his potential then he could be the final piece to winning a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom