• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Our Long National Dwightmare Is Over

Yeah right. I ain't buying this shit no more.

Also:

johnschuhmann
USA was a plus-12 in 20 min. w/ Chandler or Love on the floor today. Minus-7 w/ no bigs on the floor. Difference was the defense. LTU scored 41 pts on 46 possessions w/ Chandler or Love on the floor. 53 pts on 42 poss. when USA went small.

I wonder when K will realize that the small ball lineups ain't doing shit.

giga

NQTh+

3/8 from the line.

I remember when Dwight was going to be traded before the trade deadline. And then he was going to be traded during the Draft. And then he was going to be traded before the start of free agency. And then he was not going to be traded, he was going play (or sit) out the year with Orlando.

charsace

Also:

johnschuhmann
USA was a plus-12 in 20 min. w/ Chandler or Love on the floor today. Minus-7 w/ no bigs on the floor. Difference was the defense. LTU scored 41 pts on 46 possessions w/ Chandler or Love on the floor. 53 pts on 42 poss. when USA went small.

He probably wants to keep the bigs rested until the medal rounds? Big men need more time to recover and they haven't really needed the bigs until today. And we have a lot of guards so why not run them since we have so many.

It was a close game, but we won so there's no need to overreact.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He probably wants to keep the bigs rested until the medal rounds? Big men need more time to recover and they haven't really needed the bigs until today. And we have a lot of guards so why not run them since we have so many.

It was a close game, but we won so there's no need to overreact.

Yeah this makes sense. Outside of Lebron, Chandler is probably the most important player on the team.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Russia looks good. Mosgod and Shved, especially Shved, are ballin.

You didnt watch the game? Shved played like butt, that wasnt the issue.

We either win and meet USA in the semi's, good luck with that

or

Lose on purpose to Brazil to avoid USA and get (deservedly) shamed for it, fuck that. Play to win.

charsace

You didnt watch the game? Shved played like butt, that wasnt the issue.

We either win and meet USA in the semi's, good luck with that

or

Lose on purpose to Brazil to avoid USA and get (deservedly) shamed for it, fuck that. Play to win.

I'm talking about in general. I didn't watch the game.

Omega

Banned

yeah ok. i thought it was already established that Howard's agent is the one feeding this bullshit? he's been kind of quiet during the olympics but I guess this diva had enough of not being in the spotlight

So Bobcats win a championship after 2030 according to a Jordan ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ9fi3UkNbg

the best part is they plan to still be a lottery team in 18 years.

yeah ok. i thought it was already established that Howard's agent is the one feeding this bullshit? he's been kind of quiet during the olympics but I guess this diva had enough of not being in the spotlight

the best part is they plan to still be a lottery team in 18 years.

Avatar bet: in 30 years, Bobcats will have won more chips than the Knicks.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The stats for Australia in the 2nd half of their game is amazing. They dropped 70 points in the 2nd half and shot 80% in the 4th.

All against a team that should have beaten Spain. The most impressive part was this game was tied with 3+ minutes left in the 3rd and it ended up being a 30 point blowout.

jobber

I got this weird feeling that Argentina is going to try to beat Nigeria by 100

linsivvi

So Group A looks like it will be:
1. US
2. Argentina
3. France
4. Lithuania

Group B:
1. Russia
2/3. Brazil/Spain (last match will decide it)
4. Australia

jobber

So Group A looks like it will be:
1. US
2. Argentina
3. France
4. Lithuania

Group B:
1. Russia
2/3. Brazil/Spain (last match will decide it)
4. Australia

Pool A 1-3 is still in question

If Argentina beats Nigeria and beats USA Monday (yeah I know) then it's a 3 way tie. Argentina wins the pool on tiebreakers unless France wins by 30+ Monday vs. Nigeria.

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/p/eid//sid/6232/group-standing.html

I told you blowing teams out is encouraged

I wouldn't want to play Russia, Spain, or Brazil right now.

Argentina loses Monday and France is #2 unless they lose too.

Fjordson

Also:

johnschuhmann

Yeah, that is a little weird. Maybe saving them for the medal rounds or something, I dunno. And again I'll say Davis could contribute more.

linsivvi

Pool A 1-3 is still in question

If Argentina beats Nigeria and beats USA Monday (yeah I know) then it's a 3 way tie. Argentina wins the pool on tiebreakers unless France wins by 30+ Monday vs. Nigeria.

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/p/eid//sid/6232/group-standing.html

I told you blowing teams out is encouraged

I wouldn't want to play Russia, Spain, or Brazil right now.

Argentina loses Monday and France is #2 unless they lose too.

Well obviously I was assuming there's no upset.

I thought in Europe the culture has always been to play normally and keep scoring even when you have a big lead, no? They consider it the respectful thing to do over there.

jobber

Well obviously I was assuming there's no upset.

I thought in Europe the culture has always been to play normally and keep scoring even when you have a big lead, no? They consider it the respectful thing to do over there.

Well yeah. They use FIBA rules in Euroball so running it up is considered the norm. Ricky Davis would love it over there.

jobber

I wish Team USA had fans that would follow the team and chant patriotic song during the games. Hell I would even take 30 fans with a giant US flag singing Beat It.

It's the only thing lacking from the US during international play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom